Halo 3 underrated?

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts

With all the people saying Halo 3 is overrated, I'm really starting to think it's underrated. Lot's of people really think Halo 3 sucks, and the truth is it an amazing game. The problem I think is that you can REALLY hate the game when you're not doing well in it. I don't think anyone should say Halo sucks unless they're gotten passed level 30 and played a lot of custom games with friends, forge theater and co op. There is just so much content. And the worst part is people who think Halo 3 sucks usually dislike people who genuinly like Halo and think they are brainwashed by hype or something when the reality is they like it because it's a great game!

Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Vashn
Member since 2008 • 1416 Posts

theres a halo 3 forum, find it.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#3 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
The truth is that the vast majority of people love Halo, but there just happens to be a very vocal minority of haters. You can find plenty of vocal haters for pretty much any successful gaming franchise.
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 brandontwb

Vashn
Nahh, more people who discuss why they hate Halo here then on the Halo boards.
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
Why do you even care about what others think? Stick to your opinion and you shall live peacefully. personally i think its one of the best games ever, 10/10. seriously, in the end,reviews, scores and discussions are forgotten when everybody plays it. and thats what matters, having fun with the game, or not depending on each person.
Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vashn

[QUOTE="Vashn"]

brandontwb

because everyone who likes halo is over on the halo boards.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 brandontwb
The truth is that the vast majority of people love Halo, but there just happens to be a very vocal minority of haters. You can find plenty of vocal haters for pretty much any successful gaming franchise.UT_Wrestler
I disagree. Lot's of people think Halo isn't that great. I don't have any friends who actually came back to Halo. They're all playing COD.
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 brandontwb

[QUOTE="brandontwb"][QUOTE="Vashn"]

Vashn

What? You're answering a question I didn't even ask.... And you just supported my point! Don't respond anymore if you're just trying telling me to F off.
spendinbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 spendinbig
Member since 2004 • 698 Posts
I liked Halo a lot untill I bought COD4
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

With all the people saying Halo 3 is overrated, I'm really starting to think it's underrated. Lot's of people really think Halo 3 sucks, and the truth is it an amazing game. The problem I think is that you can REALLY hate the game when you're not doing well in it. I don't think anyone should say Halo sucks unless they're gotten passed level 30 and played a lot of custom games with friends, forge theater and co op. There is just so much content. And the worst part is people who think Halo 3 sucks usually dislike people who genuinly like Halo and think they are brainwashed by hype or something when the reality is they like it because it's a great game!

brandontwb

Halo 3 is an overrated pos. I have played forge and it's a wanna be map editor, co-op beat on legendary and it's short and boring and I also got to level 42 so yeah I have played it and still think it sucks.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 brandontwb

[QUOTE="brandontwb"]

Darkslayer16

Halo 3 is an overrated pos. I have played forge and it's a wanna be map editor, co-op beat on legendary and it's short and boring and I also got to level 42 so yeah I have played it and still think it sucks.

One word: Why.

EDIT: I'll be more specific. Okay, so the compaign might not be that good. Are you sure you have played good forge infection maps? I still don't know why you think it sucks, really..

x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

brandontwb

halo 3 UNDER-RATED AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.......... halo3 is the most OVER-rated game of all time, its just boring to me

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!! Best joke ever!!!

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Darkslayer16

[QUOTE="Darkslayer16"]

[QUOTE="brandontwb"]

brandontwb

EDIT: I'll be more specific. Okay, so the compaign might not be that good. Are you sure you have played good forge infection maps? I still don't know why you think it sucks, really..

Have you played a game with an actual good map creator / editor? Forge is horrible.

St_JimmyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 St_JimmyX
Member since 2006 • 3061 Posts

Whats been done in Halo has been done before and better (im not saying Halo 3 is a bad game). Although i'd take Halo over Call of Duty anyday.

ANewGoldenAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 ANewGoldenAge
Member since 2009 • 247 Posts

It's not original. They suck at choosing names, you shoot pink bullets out of your dual purple laser guns, it's basically CoD4 old-school, and it has a bunch of whiny fanboys. "You don't like 'cause you suck (sob) (gasp) (sob)!" And it's full of six year olds yelling at their moms into the mics, or announcing to everyone that they died or got a kill. And, above all, it's a bad shooter. You can jump up ten feet, you can't aim, you maintain perfect accuracy despite running, jumping, and turning, and it's impossible to snipe.

St_JimmyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 St_JimmyX

It's not original. They suck at choosing names, you shoot pink bullets out of your dual purple laser guns, it's basically CoD4 old-school, and it has a bunch of whiny fanboys. "You don't like 'cause you suck (sob) (gasp) (sob)!" And it's full of six year olds yelling at their moms into the mics, or announcing to everyone that they died or got a kill. And, above all, it's a bad shooter. You can jump up ten feet, you can't aim, you maintain perfect accuracy despite running, jumping, and turning, and it's impossible to snipe.

ANewGoldenAge
Why don't you try playing the game first before you rant?
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 brandontwb

[QUOTE="brandontwb"]

[QUOTE="Darkslayer16"]

Darkslayer16

Have you played a game with an actual good map creator / editor? Forge is horrible.

No, but I'd imagine they'd be pretty complicated. Forge is simple an easy to use. They keep coming out with awesome maps for it anyways,

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#20 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
i dont understand why people hate it, i believe though that because maybe the halo formula has gotten old
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 brandontwb

I think Halo has fairly original online. The phyiscs are great and explosions can knock things over and kill people. Has interesting guns and very well implemented vehicles and eqipement.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

Edit: Is Halo 3 underrated? I get the impression here on Gamespot it it. Just seeing a few posts already in this topic makes me feel the game is underappreciated. I can see someone not liking the game but why can't anyone acknowledge that is good? Some games I can't get into but I don't say they are overrated and garbage. It's a personal preference and I still respects others opinion unless if they're bashing a game.

xerono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xerono
Member since 2004 • 40 Posts

[QUOTE="brandontwb"]

Darkslayer16

So at what point when you were spending all that time beating it on legendary and getting all the way to level 42 did you finally realize that it's an overrated pos?

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

[QUOTE="Darkslayer16"]

[QUOTE="brandontwb"]

xerono

So at what point when you were spending all that time beating it on legendary and getting all the way to level 42 did you finally realize that it's an overrated pos?

Probably trying to tick some fans off. I certainly woudn't put that much time in a game I didn't like.

Tom_delonge555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Tom_delonge555
Member since 2005 • 414 Posts

[QUOTE="xerono"]

[QUOTE="Darkslayer16"]

RoslindaleOne

Probably trying to tick some fans off. I certainly woudn't put that much time in a game I didn't like.

Agreed.

Garygok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#27 Garygok
Member since 2007 • 967 Posts
[QUOTE="brandontwb"]

Fail. Halo 3 is way overrated and overhyped and everyone knows it.
Gundamforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gundamforce
Member since 2005 • 1222 Posts

I think calling it "Underrated" might be a bit of an overstatement, but i think Halo deserved a far better legacy and respect than what it was given.

xXTalismanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xXTalismanXx
Member since 2008 • 916 Posts

I find it very hilarious how people say, "Halo is old", when there's only been three games in series. Everyone wants a realistic FPS, even though when you apply realism it limits your idea box.

Why does everyone think that jumping in the air 10 ft is stupid? I would love to have that kind of agility!

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

It's not original. They suck at choosing names, you shoot pink bullets out of your dual purple laser guns, it's basically CoD4 old-school, and it has a bunch of whiny fanboys. You can jump up ten feet, you can't aim, you maintain perfect accuracy despite running, jumping, and turning, and it's impossible to snipe.

ANewGoldenAge

1. What shooter is original to you? Certainly not COD4.

2. Woah one gun shooters pink needles. Who cares? Seriously you are bashing the game because of that?

3. It's Call of duty 4? Halo came out a long time ago i am truly sorry to say. Not to mention how so? What makes them so similar? I have played both and just can't see it.

4. So basically because you can't aim you hate the game? I get it. Wait you said you can't aim yet you maintain perfect accuracy? Sounds like you just got beat by someone..

5. It's impossible to snipe? So basically you just got beat a lot so you hate it.. Greatest arguement ever!

hiccup87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 hiccup87
Member since 2007 • 854 Posts

[QUOTE="brandontwb"][QUOTE="Vashn"]

Vashn

He's not talking to people who like it, he's saying to the haters "don't judge until you've really tried it
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Darkslayer16

[QUOTE="xerono"]

[QUOTE="Darkslayer16"]

RoslindaleOne

No I seriously hate it.. and getting to 42 took me less then a week after i got the game it's not hard.

Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Vashn

Halo 3's community is what makes it great, if you take the time to add people that play customs alot you'll find you'll be having ALOT more fun playing it than you would just playing matchmaking. The ability to make your own gametypes and maps (to some extent) makes it one of the best multiplayer game i've played. The unrealistic fighting conditions make it funner (contrary to COD4 fanboy beleifs, sine when do games have to be realistic to be fun?), jumping 10 feet in the air to dodge grenades, the fact grenades only drain shields, and you litterally have to be ontop of them or pre damaged to be killed by one, and that it takes an horrendous amount of ammo to kill people makes it better. unlike in cod4 when 3 bullets kill people, you actually have a chance when people sneak up behind you. Also campers don't control games.

in summary: custom games and friends make the game a winner, not the game itself.

and yes i had to include cod4 in there, just because other people did.

biohazard4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 biohazard4
Member since 2005 • 211 Posts

Halo 3's community is what makes it great, if you take the time to add people that play customs alot you'll find you'll be having ALOT more fun playing it than you would just playing matchmaking. The ability to make your own gametypes and maps (to some extent) makes it one of the best multiplayer game i've played. The unrealistic fighting conditions make it funner (contrary to COD4 fanboy beleifs, sine when do games have to be realistic to be fun?), jumping 10 feet in the air to dodge grenades, the fact grenades only drain shields, and you litterally have to be ontop of them or pre damaged to be killed by one, and that it takes an horrendous amount of ammo to kill people makes it better. unlike in cod4 when 3 bullets kill people, you actually have a chance when people sneak up behind you. Also campers don't control games.

in summary: custom games and friends make the game a winner, not the game itself.

and yes i had to include cod4 in there, just because other people did.

Vashn

agreed for the most part however i do not believe the community is that great.

too much trash talking? seriously its a video game why all this rubbish

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

Halo 3 is nowhere near as fun as COD4 or even COD-WAW, Battlefield BC.

I like the sci- fi environments, enemies of Halo series but the guns put me off since they sound too weak to my taste.But to answers the TC question, I don't think Halo 3 is under-rated, at least if you read the "pro" reviews,gamers reviews and the average scores it gets.

LycanBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36 LycanBane
Member since 2007 • 274 Posts

I think its a good game, now a days I do find myself not wanting to play it though. It's some what dated...I suppose...

St_JimmyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 St_JimmyX

Halo 3 is nowhere near as fun as COD4 or even COD-WAW, Battlefield BC.

I like the sci- fi environments, enemies of Halo series but the guns put me off since they sound too weak to my taste.But to answers the TC question, I don't think Halo 3 is under-rated, at least if you read the "pro" reviews,gamers reviews and the average scores it gets.

Zensword

Although I believe that Halo is overrated, it has much more to offer then that half-assed "milking the series" COD4/WaW

Atomic_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Atomic_Bacon
Member since 2009 • 239 Posts
Good game with a bad community. While playing the game is fun, most of the people you play with drag it down a bit. Normaly 2 types of people that drag the game down. The 10 Year olds that think they are BA for playing it, and have no skill what so ever. And then there are the ABSOLUTE no-lifers that do not accept a single mistake from thier teamates. One betayal and one laggy connection and they do their best to make sure you don't come back to the game. They think they are so godly and will nag and nag until you get so sick of it that you just leave. If you are a player with any skill and you DON'T do this then I have respect for you.
Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Vashn

Good game with a bad community. While playing the game is fun, most of the people you play with drag it down a bit. Normaly 2 types of people that drag the game down. The 10 Year olds that think they are BA for playing it, and have no skill what so ever. And then there are the ABSOLUTE no-lifers that do not accept a single mistake from thier teamates. One betayal and one laggy connection and they do their best to make sure you don't come back to the game. They think they are so godly and will nag and nag until you get so sick of it that you just leave. If you are a player with any skill and you DON'T do this then I have respect for you.Atomic_Bacon

i honestly want to know where these people are that everyone meets, i play halo all the time in matchmaking and i have yet to hear anyone actually nag another person out of a game. And if they did, it was the person getting nagged fault, theres a really easy way to mute people in halo, click there name, click x, woops, muted. And the BA 10 year olds make it hilarious, when you kill someone and they rage for 10 minutes and you get 5 messages about how they'll wreck you and hack your gamertag you know you're doing something right. i guess you guys just don't find humor in things that to alot of players are hilarious

codfive15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 codfive15
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
halo 3 is the best game out there along with call of duty
ANewGoldenAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ANewGoldenAge

[QUOTE="ANewGoldenAge"]

St_JimmyX

I love irony. I have played, and I don't like it. Why can't you fanboys understand simple fact?

Craigalan23:

1. What shooter is original to you? Certainly not COD4.

CoD 4 'certainly' is original to me. And you failed to comment at my 'they suck at chosing names'. Why? Probably because you couldn't think of a legit reason.

2. Woah one gun shooters pink needles. Who cares? Seriously you are bashing the game because of that?

Guns can't shooter. And that's not the reason I hate it.

3. It's Call of duty 4? Halo came out a long time ago i am truly sorry to say. Not to mention how so? What makes them so similar? I have played both and just can't see it.

I said it is similar to CoD 4 old school. "Seriously you are bashing a [post] beause of that?

4. So basically because you can't aim you hate the game? I get it. Wait you said you can't aim yet you maintain perfect accuracy? Sounds like you just got beat by someone..

Again, that is only one reason why I don't like it, apart from the gameplay.In real life you can aim. In real life you can't jump around and move and shoot accurately while someone "shooters" at you.

5. It's impossible to snipe? So basically you just got beat a lot so you hate it.. Greatest arguement ever!

Thanks. I do believe it is a legitimate arguement. Again with people saying "you don't like it because you suck!"God... What's wrong with you fanboys? And yes, it is impossible to snipe because every starts jumping ten feet to move like they're on a planet without gravity.

And as stated before, the names suck.

Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Vashn

[QUOTE="St_JimmyX"][QUOTE="ANewGoldenAge"]

ANewGoldenAge

I love irony. I have played, and I don't like it. Why can't you fanboys understand simple fact?

because the way you're talking makes it sound like you've never played the game, and are just talking trash on it cuz your a cod4 fanboy. also, wtf do you mean by cod4 old school, if anything cod4 is halo 3 oldschool, being halo 3 is scifi, while cod4 is realistic. They're not comparable yet we'll continue to see this arguement, over, and over, and over

XXGamerfanXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 XXGamerfanXX
Member since 2009 • 1066 Posts
Halo 3 is a great game, but its just to boring to play and theres nothing to do in the game no more. I been playing this game in a Year now (December 25, 2007) and i got interested in other games now, but if i really want to play Halo 3 then i will get my friends to play with me, but if that don't happen, then no, no Halo 3 for me then. I love the game, but i just got more games that are better and enjoyable then Halo 3 now, but hey, thats just my opinion so yeah.
St_JimmyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 St_JimmyX

[QUOTE="St_JimmyX"][QUOTE="ANewGoldenAge"]

ANewGoldenAge

After reading your unintelligent post, it's pretty clear you have no knowledge of the game. Also why not check back on the first page. "Whats been done in Halo has been done before and better (im not saying Halo 3 is a bad game). Although i'd take Halo over Call of Duty anyday." I sure am a fanboy aren't I:roll:.

ANewGoldenAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ANewGoldenAge

[QUOTE="ANewGoldenAge"]

[QUOTE="St_JimmyX"] Why don't you try playing the game first before you rant?Vashn

because the way you're talking makes it sound like you've never played the game, and are just talking trash on it cuz your a cod4 fanboy. also, wtf do you mean by cod4 old school, if anything cod4 is halo 3 oldschool, being halo 3 is scifi, while cod4 is realistic. They're not comparable yet we'll continue to see this arguement, over, and over, and over

You've obviously never played CoD4. Sound familiar? Old school is a game type on CoD4. You jump slightly higher, have more or less health (I don't remember), and pick up weapons and perks off the ground. And I rarely play CoD4 anymore.

EDIT: By the way, your gamertag should probably be Demonic Toaster. Not insulting, just saying in case you meant demonic.

CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts

brandontwb
the truth is not that its a great game, thats your opinion. I think its fun but not the best game i played. As far as what you said about people hating because they do bad well thats the same with every game.
CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts

[QUOTE="ANewGoldenAge"]

[QUOTE="St_JimmyX"] Why don't you try playing the game first before you rant?Vashn

Vashn is right. You cant compare the two, its apples and oranges.
ANewGoldenAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ANewGoldenAge

[QUOTE="Vashn"]

[QUOTE="ANewGoldenAge"]

CardiacKid07

Vashn is right. You cant compare the two, its apples and oranges.

Did you not read my most recent post?

superterd897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 superterd897
Member since 2005 • 475 Posts

I dont know abotu halo being underrated, but it deffiantly has the worst online community ive ever seen.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

1. They suck at choosing names? Who cares about its name? Do you mean Bungie naming it Halo was a bad name? It refers the three huge rings which resemble Halo's.. The name fit perfectly with the game. I mean is Modern warfare a particularly great original name? Not really.

2. Why can't the guns shoot? I mean people do get KILLS so yeah they shoot..

3. Oh i did not know that you meant that it was similar to the mode old-school in COD4 i never played that mode but the description sounds like it but many games use that but yes run around and pick up weapons just like a lot of shooters :P.

4. Since when was Halo suppose to be realistic? Not to mention you can jump in COD4 and still get kills but obviously only when you need to.

5. You were the one that said that YOU can't aim. Not my fault you said the game was bad because you can't aim. I have seen many people get 16 or more headshots with a sniper in Halo 3.

Not to mention how am i a fanboy i actually own both and liked both. If you want you can see my gamertag. Damn HTML anyway there you go sorry it took a while i never saw that you edited it. I even played COD4 way more than Halo 3 as the disc broke.