Halo 3 is way to unbalanced.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
wow im really shocked. The warhog turrent just is the most powerful weapon and really if you can control your driving and have the sparten laser then you are 99% chance that you will win. What is the needler omg its like way to powerful. It is way to easy to use the spartenlaser. The shotgun is way to powerfull and if you pick it up u bascally win. Sorry I love Halo 3 and I even have preorder the Legendary Eddition and loved Halo 1. Halo 2 was ok. If you think about it then you can see how unbalenced the game is right now. I hope they fix it.
xelloss88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 xelloss88
Member since 2006 • 5187 Posts

I think all the weapons are fine and balanced, I use all weapons but still usually stick with the assualt rifle. Bigger weapons equal more power, just learn to use grenades and just load into them, then melee them. If I went up against someone with the turrent, sparten laser or shot gun I would probably win with the assualt rifle or other various weapons.

I am a casual player on Halo 3 and stopped play Halo 2 for a long time a few games here and there but look at my stats on Halo 3, 2 5ths and 1 3rd the rest are 1st and second.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/PlayerStatsHalo3.aspx?player=Xelloss101&lc=1033

ImajinMyFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ImajinMyFX
Member since 2006 • 564 Posts
warthog has been in all the halo games and so has the shotgun. theres ways to take them out with other weapons. but i agree with you on the spartan laser. i hate it but at the same time i love it.
skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#4 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts
I do agree with the TC...the warthog can be impossible to kill in some matches like literally one time i hit it with a rocket and two grenades...the people inside died but the warthog was still working. I must ask Bungie...Is the warthog replacing the tank or does the tank take a nuke to kill?
Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#5 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts

Turret: thats why when people carry it, they're slow which makes it easy to sneak up from behind

Spartan Laser: The 5 second delay, and laser line balances it out so it can't come out of no where as a surprise. If you're dumb enough not to try and find cover when that red beam is pointing at you, that's your own fault

Shotgun: its strong at close range like always, thats the point of a shotgun, at close range they can blow your limbs off in real life. But at far range, they suck.

Needler: they increased the power but made it non dual weildable and have a shorter clip, it's balanced

THE END

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
When I first played the beta I thought everything was overpowering, and I complained "O how dumb he killed me with this and that". Then I became better at it, and I see now that the guns are balanced fine. Just get good at the game and you will see.
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
Stop sucking.........  the weapons are balanced. 
mexitalian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mexitalian
Member since 2003 • 214 Posts

wow im really shocked. The warhog turrent just is the most powerful weapon and really if you can control your driving and have the sparten laser then you are 99% chance that you will win.

The shotgun is way to powerfull and if you pick it up u bascally win.raylewisnfl52

So what happens if I have the shotty and you have the warthog and spartan laser? Will the universe explode? Quite your f'in whining and man up...skills pay the bills sucka

xeekthecatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xeekthecatx
Member since 2005 • 926 Posts
what are you talking about! they are all somewhat equally powerful. there is no longer 3 weapons that everyone is going for like in Halo 2. this is the most balanced multiplayer game i've played in a long time.
MR_SMI13Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MR_SMI13Y
Member since 2006 • 828 Posts
FUnniest thing I have heard people complain about is that the shotgun is too strong at close range.
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
It's extremely well balanced...Halo 2 was unbalanced...
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
yeah... but play against guys who got the same knowledge and agility..... and you have a game
uLoSe24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 uLoSe24
Member since 2006 • 119 Posts
i havent played the h3 beta but from my experience with H2 and H1 i can almost bet that there is a little imbalance, but you gotta know how to use each weapon. If you are overpowered, throw a grenade and then shoot them once in the head wtf is the problem. Any newb can shoot a rocket, but once you get skilled, anything is lethal. Just keep playing and get good with each combo. Im sure that i could beat someone who has sword/sniper with a grenade and a fist. BTW GoW has the most balanced weapons *in warzone* ...besides the shotgun they **** with in the patch
MR_SMI13Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MR_SMI13Y
Member since 2006 • 828 Posts

i havent played the h3 beta but from my experience with H2 and H1 i can almost bet that there is a little imbalance, but you gotta know how to use each weapon. If you are overpowered, throw a grenade and then shoot them once in the head wtf is the problem. Any newb can shoot a rocket, but once you get skilled, anything is lethal. Just keep playing and get good with each combo. Im sure that i could beat someone who has sword/sniper with a grenade and a fist. BTW GoW has the most balanced weapons *in warzone* ...besides the shotgun they **** with in the patchuLoSe24

THe rocket to me seems the hardest to master now. Its more like the boom shot where the shot needs to be directly on them. 

ImajinMyFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ImajinMyFX
rocket pod pwns the warthog. i love using that thing in vahalla
Coyote32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 Coyote32
Member since 2007 • 1424 Posts
I personally think that the game isnt unbalanced. The turret is very easy to kill if your smart about it. The new weapons are great. The Brute Spiker Rifle is a really nice add. I love the new shotgun. So powerful. The sniper is the same but looks different. I love the equipment. The Spartan Laser is god like. Its like the Heavy Weapon Sniper. Lqts. I can't wait till the 25th for this game.
ImajinMyFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ImajinMyFX
maybe the placement of the weapons is unbalanced but theres still ways to over come it. it just really depends on who your playing and how you play.
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts
That's why it's called a BETA. They mass test to balance out the game..
TehEnergy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 TehEnergy
Member since 2007 • 142 Posts
Its only the Beta dude. Thats whats its for, to test for problems.
grayoldwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 grayoldwolf
Member since 2005 • 2274 Posts
There are plenty of ways to kill the warthog in Valhalla. If your team manages to secure the Spartan Laser, both missile pods, both trip mines, both warthogs and the turret gun, you deserve to win. I can't even see how you'd pull this off with a team of four (you'd have three support weapons, and therefore only one guy to drive a hog and even then he'd have no gunner). The balance is fine.
Spartan874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Spartan874
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

Turret: thats why when people carry it, they're slow which makes it easy to sneak up from behind

Spartan Laser: The 5 second delay, and laser line balances it out so it can't come out of no where as a surprise. If you're dumb enough not to try and find cover when that red beam is pointing at you, that's your own fault

Shotgun: its strong at close range like always, thats the point of a shotgun, at close range they can blow your limbs off in real life. But at far range, they suck.

Needler: they increased the power but made it non dual weildable and have a shorter clip, it's balanced

THE END

FlawlessSeasons
exactly
Coyote32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 Coyote32
Member since 2007 • 1424 Posts
Wow. That was basically the best counter point to your first post Mr Thread Starter.
Scorch910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Scorch910
Member since 2005 • 70 Posts

wow im really shocked. The warhog turrent just is the most powerful weapon and really if you can control your driving and have the sparten laser then you are 99% chance that you will win. What is the needler omg its like way to powerful. It is way to easy to use the spartenlaser. The shotgun is way to powerfull and if you pick it up u bascally win. Sorry I love Halo 3 and I even have preorder the Legendary Eddition and loved Halo 1. Halo 2 was ok. If you think about it then you can see how unbalenced the game is right now. I hope they fix it.raylewisnfl52

look then its just you the turret may be strong but its to easy to kill because of the characters speed. I managed to kill a lvl 34 with and assult rilfe when he had the turret, and on the other side the game is amazingly banacned you just cant tell from playing too much halo 2 *caugh* BR *caugh*, just like bungie said the ar rips apart an br from short to med range. neddler has not many bullets, spartan lazer take 3 seconds to chage now for  a experianced player like my-self I would be able to kill him in 3 seconds. shotty is only good at short dictances, you should of seen someone try to kill me from long range witha shotty...did..not...even...hit...me!!!

you should look at halo 2 and say its unbalacned, not halo 3

Grant_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#24 Grant_Guy
Member since 2005 • 1706 Posts
Its become too noobified... I liked it the old way when you were either a new or a hardcore pro that could 4 shot everyone with a BR.
Rentago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 Rentago
Member since 2006 • 1543 Posts
wow im really shocked. The warhog turrent just is the most powerful weapon and really if you can control your driving and have the sparten laser then you are 99% chance that you will win. What is the needler omg its like way to powerful. It is way to easy to use the spartenlaser. The shotgun is way to powerfull and if you pick it up u bascally win. Sorry I love Halo 3 and I even have preorder the Legendary Eddition and loved Halo 1. Halo 2 was ok. If you think about it then you can see how unbalenced the game is right now. I hope they fix it.raylewisnfl52
Well if this is all true than thats 3 halos going the the trash. Halo1 and 2 were unbalanced and led to crappy multiplayer. Which is because of noobs using exploits to win because they suck at the game naturally. Halo3 looks great and all I just don't want to have a camping whore fest of cheap ass players in every game. It is horrible that people exploited the auto aim in halo2. The auto aim with sniper rifle was really gay all you do is aim anywhere or infact keep the cross hairs above the head and the bullet goes for the head. As soon as they remove auto aim and make it so that no matter where your shot it takes 2 shots to kill someone with the sniper. The armor plus a shield should do that because if it doesn't, that will be extremely unbalanced. It takes 1 or 2 shots to kill someone and the sniper rifle is just to much of a **** weapon. The Warthog turret is support to be a powerful weapon, it slows you down however, thus making you an easy target. Spartan laser is a charging weapon, you have to let it power up for like 3 or 4 seconds before it shoots. I think thats like to short I would perfer 7 or so seconds. It is a one hit kill weapon and thats going to be the new noob cannon. Shotgun was always powerful, but thats if your up close. If you talking about it shooting you half way across the map and getting head shots than there is something wrong. That like helicopter missile pod thingy, thats awesome, it reminds me of weapons like in Lost Planet. I just want bungie to well balance their game to make it so not one weapon is the only thing you need. Some moment you need long range, others short range, maybe explosive weapons to clear corridors. I just don't want to see a bare ass map with on cover and a sniper who can kill anyone from one position. Because thats the problem with halo2
XlpranksterlX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 XlpranksterlX
Member since 2005 • 7438 Posts

Sorry, Can't really agree. The age is way, way balanced. I would still like to see some changes but hey, it's good right now. 

vbdevpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 vbdevpro
Member since 2002 • 245 Posts

Wait... you just named 4 weapons that were "I win" buttons. Maybe if you learned to use the other 4 weapons, you'd see that it is pretty damned balanced.

ragincoley86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ragincoley86
Member since 2006 • 1357 Posts
Its a beta so you should say the "halo 3 beta test" is unbalanced. Which it isnt really. I admit the warthog is strong as **** and maybe the grenades are too weak but its a lot more balanced then Halo 2. Look at the plasma pistol. Improved alot.
vbdevpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 vbdevpro
Member since 2002 • 245 Posts

[QUOTE="raylewisnfl52"]wow im really shocked. The warhog turrent just is the most powerful weapon and really if you can control your driving and have the sparten laser then you are 99% chance that you will win. What is the needler omg its like way to powerful. It is way to easy to use the spartenlaser. The shotgun is way to powerfull and if you pick it up u bascally win. Sorry I love Halo 3 and I even have preorder the Legendary Eddition and loved Halo 1. Halo 2 was ok. If you think about it then you can see how unbalenced the game is right now. I hope they fix it.Rentago
Well if this is all true than thats 3 halos going the the trash. Halo1 and 2 were unbalanced and led to crappy multiplayer. Which is because of noobs using exploits to win because they suck at the game naturally. Halo3 looks great and all I just don't want to have a camping whore fest of cheap ass players in every game. It is horrible that people exploited the auto aim in halo2. The auto aim with sniper rifle was really gay all you do is aim anywhere or infact keep the cross hairs above the head and the bullet goes for the head. As soon as they remove auto aim and make it so that no matter where your shot it takes 2 shots to kill someone with the sniper. The armor plus a shield should do that because if it doesn't, that will be extremely unbalanced. It takes 1 or 2 shots to kill someone and the sniper rifle is just to much of a **** weapon. The Warthog turret is support to be a powerful weapon, it slows you down however, thus making you an easy target. Spartan laser is a charging weapon, you have to let it power up for like 3 or 4 seconds before it shoots. I think thats like to short I would perfer 7 or so seconds. It is a one hit kill weapon and thats going to be the new noob cannon. Shotgun was always powerful, but thats if your up close. If you talking about it shooting you half way across the map and getting head shots than there is something wrong. That like helicopter missile pod thingy, thats awesome, it reminds me of weapons like in Lost Planet. I just want bungie to well balance their game to make it so not one weapon is the only thing you need. Some moment you need long range, others short range, maybe explosive weapons to clear corridors. I just don't want to see a bare ass map with on cover and a sniper who can kill anyone from one position. Because thats the problem with halo2

If anyone is too stupid to not move when seeing the targeting laser on the spartan laser, they deserve to get insta-gibbed. I've never been killed by it.

aaagk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 aaagk
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

All the people who like it (The good or at least decent players) will say its balanced, others will not.

The game DOES NOT have balanced weapons thats not how halo works. The guy who said he uses the machine gun is smart because its the only sure kill weapon that you could actually call Overpowers (Same with the WH turret). Halo balances through the players ability to dodge everything thrown at them (hence the reason the instant hit weapons are so great) sure the needler beats almost everything but a good player (Or one with experience with the needler) will void it and kill you with there instant hit weapon.

If your going to call something OP lets talk about the Sniper Rifle, its literally an all purpose weapon. Want to argue and say "But it shoots slow" why do you think Counter Strike is such a unoobfriendly game? Oh hey thats right people got good with the sniper (Notice the "Got good").

Melee weapons can also be bad but a player should no the way around this one. Just to top this off though you could argue that if someone got as good with the needler they'd be as good as a sniper, not true because as i said above (I know people would just remove this fact if not repeated) ITS A 100% SKILL BASED DODGEABLE WEAPON NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE USER IS.

In the end whats this mean. Halo is by no means balanced as far as weapons are concered, its balanced through that fact that every player can learn to dodge your shots unless using the instant hits (Mainly the human guns) then its like CoD on EasyCore.