Halo 3 achievements are up!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/achievements.php?gameID=274

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Trickshot771
They're so easy..
xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
not really i mean these achievements were obvious for the most part and predictable. i will get like most of the multi ranked ones in 2-5 games. thats why there only worth 5 points. heck of a lot have to do with campaign. so looks like while ur looking for sp glitches u will have the chance to rack up gp.
11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts
I quess bungie learned from previous online games with achievements. They could ruin gears and shadowrun, so it could happen with halo 3. Good to see they're preventing it, and they're adding replayability to the SP instead.
o_sausage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 o_sausage
Member since 2006 • 5919 Posts
I know I posted this about 2 hours ago
paradyme777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 paradyme777
Member since 2005 • 5308 Posts
I love the achievements and thank Bungie for not making up stupid ones that are impossible.
neXtgenisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 neXtgenisis
Member since 2006 • 775 Posts
what the hell is free for all playlist?!
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Trickshot771

what the hell is free for all playlist?!neXtgenisis

A game mode that's like slayer or something. Everyone vs everyone

JoshChambers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 JoshChambers
Member since 2004 • 1646 Posts

I am surprised with the SP focus of them. I think its great they are doing it that way but it is a bit of a shock.

I'm willing to bet they will add another 250 with content later that will be strictly MP.

Dymedropp3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dymedropp3r
Member since 2006 • 459 Posts
what the hell is free for all playlist?!neXtgenisis
Rumble Pit I think.
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts
campaign meta-games? what the heck are those?
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

campaign meta-games? what the heck are those?hockeyruler12

Could be something like co-op.

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

[QUOTE="neXtgenisis"]what the hell is free for all playlist?!Dymedropp3r
Rumble Pit I think.

Yes, but them saying"A Free for All Playlist" kind of says theremay be more than just Rumble Pit for a free for all playlist.

mrarmagedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 mrarmagedon
Member since 2003 • 2345 Posts
I'm glad to see all of the achievements aren't like impossible to get. Like the kill 10,000 players on gears or the be the best player on the leadership boards on GRAW.
Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts
looks like those are easy achievements
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts

I'm glad to see all of the achievements aren't like impossible to get. Like the kill 10,000 players on gears or the be the best player on the leadership boards on GRAW.mrarmagedon

the gears achievements arent impossible, just time consuming

eddy5791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 eddy5791
Member since 2004 • 986 Posts

I quess bungie learned from previous online games with achievements. They could ruin gears and shadowrun, so it could happen with halo 3. Good to see they're preventing it, and they're adding replayability to the SP instead. 11Marcel

how are the SP achievements replayable? didnt you see that if you beat the game on legendary you can get the achievements for heroic and normal at the same time just lik Gears? and the skulls are the same as COG tags. this is just gonna b as much replayable as Gears is which isnt much really. and how were gears and shadowrun ruined? they have actual acheivements. not cheap stuff like needler kills in one game and triple kill. getting "x" amount of kills with a weapon or play 100 times as someone are actual acheivements dude. so actually these achievements ruined halo 3a bit instead

LobaFett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LobaFett
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts
these achievements will be fun to get, great job bungie.
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Trickshot771

I'm glad to see all of the achievements aren't like impossible to get. Like the kill 10,000 players on gears or the be the best player on the leadership boards on GRAW.mrarmagedon

Killing 10,000 isnt hard :|

KoRn_Eddy_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KoRn_Eddy_88
Member since 2005 • 1619 Posts
they should have done what they did with halo 1 when you beat the levels on each of the difficulties, i would much rather see an achievement for beating a level on each of the difficulties Seperate puts mroe replay value into the game.
MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts

Legendary better the hell not be as hard as Halo 2's. Or ill be mad and not even do it.

Avatar image for Screamin_EaGLes
Screamin_EaGLes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Screamin_EaGLes
Member since 2006 • 2278 Posts
yeha killing 10,000 isnt hard if you paly gears of war constantly which i dont do but kudos to the ones that do have it cuz i know it takes alot of time to get and i just dont like gears that much to play it everyday. anyways back to the topic, halo 3 achievements look great. i like how they reward you with some decent points for each level. i think meta games are co-op games cuz if bungie doesnt put in online co-op then something is seriously wrong with them. i think 4 player co-op should be a given.
11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 11Marcel

[QUOTE="11Marcel"]I quess bungie learned from previous online games with achievements. They could ruin gears and shadowrun, so it could happen with halo 3. Good to see they're preventing it, and they're adding replayability to the SP instead. eddy5791

how are the SP achievements replayable? didnt you see that if you beat the game on legendary you can get the achievements for heroic and normal at the same time just lik Gears? and the skulls are the same as COG tags. this is just gonna b as much replayable as Gears is which isnt much really. and how were gears and shadowrun ruined? they have actual acheivements. not cheap stuff like needler kills in one game and triple kill. getting "x" amount of kills with a weapon or play 100 times as someone are actual acheivements dude. so actually these achievements ruined halo 3a bit instead

Some explanation is needed I see.

1. They add replayability to SP in two ways: 1. searching skulls which is NOT the same as getting COG tags. You could think of it as hitting the building 1ft away from you vs. hitting the bird 100m away. TheCOG tags were placed in logical places. To find the skulls you often had to glitch through the whole level or something to get them. Most were alsoonly available in legendary. I only ever found 2 skulls, and that was because they were for me reachable, and they were in some faqs. Otherwise I probably would never have found those 2, the other ones are even hard to reach. (this is of course all from halo 2.)

Second part is getting points in the respective metagames. They could make this more difficult than legendary, and maybe they're even separate from the normal SP levels, or youhave to play them differently to even get to the metagame. That's adding replayability too.

2. Achievements can ruin multiplayer games for the well known phrase "yeah, I'm just using this weapon/race for the achievement. In 30 games I can start playing the game normally again". This resulted in the "kill stealing fad" in gears (because kills suddenly mattered) and the overpopulation of elves in shadowrun.

11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 11Marcel
they should have done what they did with halo 1 when you beat the levels on each of the difficulties, i would much rather see an achievement for beating a level on each of the difficulties Seperate puts mroe replay value into the game.KoRn_Eddy_88
Nah, not for easy. Ithink I'll never play that difficulty, and I don't like wastingsome 10 hours with it.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#25 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

They're so easy..Trickshot771

Yeah, but notice that the really easy ones don't get you alot.

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts

I don't understand these ones:

Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the second mission.Guerilla
10 Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the first mission.Cavalier
10 Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the third mission.Askar
10 Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the fourth mission.Exterminator
10 Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the fifth mission.Ranger
10 Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the sixth mission.Vanguard
10 Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the seventh mission.Orpheus
10 Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on eighth mission.Reclaimer
10 Score over points in the Campaign meta-game on the final mission.

What are they talking about? What's this about points in the campaign and what's a meta-game?

eddy5791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 eddy5791
[QUOTE="eddy5791"]

[QUOTE="11Marcel"]I quess bungie learned from previous online games with achievements. They could ruin gears and shadowrun, so it could happen with halo 3. Good to see they're preventing it, and they're adding replayability to the SP instead. 11Marcel

Some explanation is needed I see.

1. They add replayability to SP in two ways: 1. searching skulls which is NOT the same as getting COG tags. You could think of it as hitting the building 1ft away from you vs. hitting the bird 100m away. TheCOG tags were placed in logical places. To find the skulls you often had to glitch through the whole level or something to get them. Most were alsoonly available in legendary. I only ever found 2 skulls, and that was because they were for me reachable, and they were in some faqs. Otherwise I probably would never have found those 2, the other ones are even hard to reach. (this is of course all from halo 2.)

Second part is getting points in the respective metagames. They could make this more difficult than legendary, and maybe they're even separate from the normal SP levels, or youhave to play them differently to even get to the metagame. That's adding replayability too.

2. Achievements can ruin multiplayer games for the well known phrase "yeah, I'm just using this weapon/race for the achievement. In 30 games I can start playing the game normally again". This resulted in the "kill stealing fad" in gears (because kills suddenly mattered) and the overpopulation of elves in shadowrun.

I must admit i was running on limited knowledge and i did not know that in H2 skulls were like that. (nvr played campaign much only MP). but i got no clue wut meta games are so if you can clear that up.

but lets think something about the skulls. Acheivements are VERY sought after. And with Halo 3,many will have 1000/1000 after the first few days. so skulls will b easy to find after youtube videos are posted up(youtube i believe wasnt popular when H2 came out)and dozens of sites such as this one gives locations to them.

11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 11Marcel
limited knowledge and i did not know that in H2 skulls were like that. (nvr played campaign much only MP). but i got no clue wut meta games are so if you can clear that up.

but lets think something about the skulls. Acheivements are VERY sought after. And with Halo 3,many will have 1000/1000 after the first few days. so skulls will b easy to find after youtube videos are posted up(youtube i believe wasnt popular when H2 came out)and dozens of sites such as this one gives locations to them.

eddy5791
Actually, I think it will take at least a week of searching for people to find the skulls. Whenpeople knew about the skulls it still took them a very long time to find the last ones. It will go faster thanin halo 2 though. I'd love it when bungiefools everyone and has different skull locations for different copies (randomly). Now that would be a sight.
MIB911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MIB911
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts
Yeah what he said
eddy5791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 eddy5791
that'd be pretty sweet and crazy. well anyways, do you know what meta-games are?
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Trickshot771

I hope you can get the legendary achievement on co-op