hALF LIFE 2 GRAPHIC'S difference to xbox 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

catanzariti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 catanzariti
Member since 2007 • 489 Posts
ok so orange box is out in 4 days in australia and have 2 copys pre ordered 9 dont ask why 2). I am gonna play thru the half life series first and was wondering whats changed in half life 2 graphics wise from the original xbox version and /or PC version. Does it look next gen nice and crisp or still dull looking? I have HDTV 1080i btw
mohammad93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 mohammad93
Member since 2007 • 2090 Posts

ok so orange box is out in 4 days in australia and have 2 copys pre ordered 9 dont ask why 2). I am gonna play thru the half life series first and was wondering whats changed in half life 2 graphics wise from the original xbox version and /or PC version. Does it look next gen nice and crisp or still dull looking? I have HDTV 1080i btwcatanzariti

Well, graphics don't necessarily make a game, look at some nintendo games, they have bad graphics, but they are overall fun(just giving example, I'm not being a fanboy, I don't even own a wii) any ways, it is a great game non the less, good graphics over all, and should make you happy.

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#3 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts
I think Half Life 2 has the same graphic as the PC version and actaully a good framerate that the Xbox version had a little trouble on. Also I heard that the graphics improve as you play through Half Life Episode 1 & 2, but I'm not sure.
mr-sheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mr-sheep
Member since 2006 • 2235 Posts
Half Life 2 looks like it's PC counter-part. Episode 1 and 2 are miles ahead of the original Half-Life 2 but they are both still in the same graphical level as their PC counterparts. Either way they still look nice.
LLCoolKo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 LLCoolKo
Member since 2005 • 794 Posts

[QUOTE="catanzariti"]ok so orange box is out in 4 days in australia and have 2 copys pre ordered 9 dont ask why 2). I am gonna play thru the half life series first and was wondering whats changed in half life 2 graphics wise from the original xbox version and /or PC version. Does it look next gen nice and crisp or still dull looking? I have HDTV 1080i btwmohammad93

Well, graphics don't necessarily make a game, look at some nintendo games, they have bad graphics, but they are overall fun(just giving example, I'm not being a fanboy, I don't even own a wii) any ways, it is a great game non the less, good graphics over all, and should make you happy.

Well graphics mean more to different people, I like very good graphics, and I fnd it hard to find a game fun without good graphics.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10557 Posts
the graphics have been made a lot smoother and sharper in half life 2 and episode one but episode 2 is a big improvement over those two and looks fantastic
stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts
[QUOTE="mohammad93"]

[QUOTE="catanzariti"]ok so orange box is out in 4 days in australia and have 2 copys pre ordered 9 dont ask why 2). I am gonna play thru the half life series first and was wondering whats changed in half life 2 graphics wise from the original xbox version and /or PC version. Does it look next gen nice and crisp or still dull looking? I have HDTV 1080i btwLLCoolKo

Well graphics mean more to different people, I like very good graphics, and I fnd it hard to find a game fun without good graphics.

Graf-X Whore. Lol.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

Right now only the Xbox360 version of Half-Life 2 and HL2: Episode One from The Orange Box has the HDR and Dynamic Shadows and other graphic enhancements.
I had read that the PC version of those games from The Orange Box does not have any of the new graphic enhancements currently, but it will be getting it in a patch/update soon but who knows when.

Bah-Humbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Bah-Humbug
Member since 2003 • 77 Posts

Right now only the Xbox360 version of Half-Life 2 and HL2: Episode One from The Orange Box has the HDR and Dynamic Shadows and other graphic enhancements.
I had read that the PC version of those games from The Orange Box does not have any of the new graphics enhancements currently, but it will be getting it in a patch/update soon but who knows when.

ghstbstr

You are right ghstbstr I bought the Orange Box for the PC and Half-Life 2 and Episode One do not have any of the graphics enhancements seen in the Xbox 360. So Episode One does not have Dynamic shadows cast by the flashlight and Half-Life 2 does not have this or even HDR either. Half-Life 2's lighting and shadows always seemed poor to me so without those enhancements those games are starting to look dated. Doom 3 and Quake 4 still have the most realistic shadows I have seen in a game to date and not even FEAR is equal to those games. Where did you read that the PC Orange Box will recieve Episodes Two's graphics enhancements?

JFannn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JFannn
Member since 2006 • 691 Posts
It has the same great grahpics. I have no problem with the graphics when I'm playing, so you shouldn't be dissapointed.
gnomegnasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gnomegnasher
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts
[QUOTE="mohammad93"]

[QUOTE="catanzariti"]ok so orange box is out in 4 days in australia and have 2 copys pre ordered 9 dont ask why 2). I am gonna play thru the half life series first and was wondering whats changed in half life 2 graphics wise from the original xbox version and /or PC version. Does it look next gen nice and crisp or still dull looking? I have HDTV 1080i btwLLCoolKo

Finally someone who admits it! All i ever read in here is that graphics dont matter. I knew i wasnt the only one! hahah. But seriously, I do find that for me at least, great graphics dramitically can increase the immersiveness of a game. Of equal importance is the sound design, especially since i play in 5.1 Surround. What i loved about Gears of War and Bioshock (aside from the game play) was how well both of those games did at presenting the audio and video. I found myself sucked in immediately. So while ill admit that graphics and sound arent everything, and really wont help much if the core of the game is not good...they sure do go along way to help (or ruin) the overall experience, and are not aspects of a game that should be ignored.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#12 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
They added a motion blur effect, and upped the resolution of the textures. If you played it on the original Xbox, it looks tons better, but Episode 1 and 2, for obvious reasons, blow it out of the water.
mohammad93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mohammad93
[QUOTE="LLCoolKo"][QUOTE="mohammad93"]

[QUOTE="catanzariti"]ok so orange box is out in 4 days in australia and have 2 copys pre ordered 9 dont ask why 2). I am gonna play thru the half life series first and was wondering whats changed in half life 2 graphics wise from the original xbox version and /or PC version. Does it look next gen nice and crisp or still dull looking? I have HDTV 1080i btwgnomegnasher

Finally someone who admits it! All i ever read in here is that graphics dont matter. I knew i wasnt the only one! hahah. But seriously, I do find that for me at least, great graphics dramitically can increase the immersiveness of a game. Of equal importance is the sound design, especially since i play in 5.1 Surround. What i loved about Gears of War and Bioshock (aside from the game play) was how well both of those games did at presenting the audio and video. I found myself sucked in immediately. So while ill admit that graphics and sound arent everything, and really wont help much if the core of the game is not good...they sure do go along way to help (or ruin) the overall experience, and are not aspects of a game that should be ignored.

I'm not saying hour of victory graphics, but if it gots graphics like an xbox game, buit had great features like forge or theatre, then decent graphics shouldn't matter.

P.S. Halo had great graphics, but the faces were ugly, but it was the best game(as of now)

mohammad93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mohammad93
O yeah, I just remembered Halo: CE, it had kinda ugly graphics(considering it was a first on the xbox) but until now it is a respected game, gears had the best gracampaign was short and it had limited weapons, don't get me wrong its a great game, but it could have been longer and had more features like king of the hill and stuff, but either way I love that game. Don't think I am bashing the game, check out my gamertag to prove that I have the game.
pipopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pipopper
Member since 2003 • 215 Posts

I think Half Life 2 has the same graphic as the PC version and actaully a good framerate that the Xbox version had a little trouble on. Also I heard that the graphics improve as you play through Half Life Episode 1 & 2, but I'm not sure.klusps

The pc version is missing things like HDR, better shadows and a few other tweaks to the original HL2 that are in episodes 1 and 2, so if you play through all the games in the series in order on the pc you will see upgrades in each episode. The 360 version uses all of the graphical additions since HL2 in all of the episodes (including the original), so they are more consistent.

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
Well graphics mean more to different people, I like very good graphics, and I fnd it hard to find a game fun without good graphics.LLCoolKo
Graphics didn't help PDZ :|