Guitar Hero 2... Where can I get it on launch day aside from gamestop or eb?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danielanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 danielanon
Member since 2004 • 133 Posts

Earlier today, I tried to reserve guitar hero 2 for the 360 at my local gamestop, but they said that they weren't taking reserves anymore.  When i got home, I called another gamestop, and they said the same thing. I usually get my games at one of these two gamestops, at least on launch day.  How do new releases work in places like best buy and circuit city. I live in New York city, so there are an infinite amount of places where I can try and get guitar hero 2 on the day it hits shelves, but i was just wondering how that kind of stuff works at places not at gamestop.

Thanks 

RipaX21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 RipaX21
Member since 2005 • 1675 Posts
I believe circuit city takes preorders in the store.  I dont know if best buy does, so you can try them on launch day.  Also try online, endless options.
danielanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 danielanon
bump
CrackThaRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 CrackThaRipper
Member since 2007 • 603 Posts
all those types of games are wack as hell, why dont you learn how to play a real guitar
cupNoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cupNoodles
Member since 2006 • 665 Posts

all those types of games are wack as hell, why dont you learn how to play a real guitarCrackThaRipper

ok 

eyewho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 eyewho
Member since 2003 • 135 Posts
go to walmart at midnight that night... They might be having a special midnight release. When guitar hero 2 for ps2 came out, my friend and i went in to get it at midnight. There was a big line but they had PLENTY of stock. You're more likely to get it here than electronics stores IMO because no one instinctively thinks walmart when a game comes out. They think EB, gamestop, best buy, etc.
Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#7 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
most places will probably have it. Guitar Hero is a big franchise.
xoverkillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 xoverkillx
Member since 2005 • 3320 Posts
Best BUy wiil, and you can reserve it there now, and also play it at the Kiosk :)
danielanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 danielanon
So you can reserve it at best buyand circuit city, just like at gamestop or eb? The walmart thing sounds good, but there aren't any in the city thanks
socomgamer324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 socomgamer324
Member since 2005 • 1753 Posts
all those types of games are wack as hell, why dont you learn how to play a real guitarCrackThaRipper
ok why dont u play any sport in real life or paintball in real life etc... catch my drift?
cinemax237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cinemax237
Member since 2005 • 390 Posts
I reserved mine today at bestbuy. The have it advertised in the weekly ad.
danielanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 danielanon
I actually do play guitar, as well as the electric bass, and the double bass I thought that I would hate guitar hero considering this, but it's actually a lot fun either way
leafs4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 leafs4ever
Member since 2006 • 99 Posts
if you can't find it anywhere else, blockbuster is selling it on launch day for 99.99
Avatar image for qoakzmwisjxneud
qoakzmwisjxneud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 qoakzmwisjxneud
Member since 2005 • 775 Posts
just buy a ps2 with guitar hero 1 and 2 + wireless controller for the real experience, not some cheapo copy from microsoft, thats taken out half of the songs and replaced them with mobilphone ringtones
raymond187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 raymond187
Member since 2005 • 108 Posts
just buy a ps2 with guitar hero 1 and 2 + wireless controller for the real experience, not some cheapo copy from microsoft, thats taken out half of the songs and replaced them with mobilphone ringtones
qoakzmwisjxneud

hmm I bet this guy sleeps with his playstation. The 360 version has more songs, downloadable content, HD graphics, achievements, and blah blah blah.
Avatar image for qoakzmwisjxneud
qoakzmwisjxneud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 qoakzmwisjxneud
Member since 2005 • 775 Posts
[QUOTE="qoakzmwisjxneud"]just buy a ps2 with guitar hero 1 and 2 + wireless controller for the real experience, not some cheapo copy from microsoft, thats taken out half of the songs and replaced them with mobilphone ringtones
raymond187

hmm I bet this guy sleeps with his playstation. The 360 version has more songs, downloadable content, HD graphics, achievements, and blah blah blah.

very sad, hd graphics - its a freakin animae practically you dont need graphics, achievments - manage to play 3 notes in one combo, wow what an achievment, downloadable content, ha they release a new thing every month while we just pick up a copy of guitar hero 2, more songs, yea you get the songs straight away that we have to put effort in to unlock