GTA, only done 9% and havent played it in weeks ......why ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jaften

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jaften
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts

I got as excited for the release of GTA IV as the next man and played a fair bit in the first couple of weeks, both single player and had some fun on the multi player. Recently though I cant bring myself to play it, I have no desire to put it in my 360. Been playing MLB 2K8, PES08 and even the Bourne demo instead........anything but GTA.

Anyone else feeling the same? Anyone else shed some light as to why this is? I mean $63 for 1 week of play pisses me of a bit!!

Peace

PurpleHaze89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PurpleHaze89
Member since 2008 • 807 Posts
i know what u mean... finished the game in like 1 week and havent touched it since. Theres nothing more to do except the boring friend missions =/ the main missions are very good tho :)
stuntmanhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 stuntmanhy
Member since 2004 • 3252 Posts
After finishing the game once, I am kind of sick of it for now though I will definitely playthrough the game once more.
PowerOfSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 PowerOfSoul
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts
still not sure if I am going to get this game or not. I have bought the games since GTA3 came out but I honestly don't know how much I'll play this one.
ShadowsRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ShadowsRunner
Member since 2006 • 742 Posts
It is fun at first but when I finished it I never ever want to put it in again. Just boring driving around doing nothing at all in the game.
Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts
You still got a lot of story to play which is the best part so i wouldn't see why you don't feel the desire to play. Maybe you should go play it now even though you don't feel like it because its a great game.
ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts

I got as excited for the release of GTA IV as the next man and played a fair bit in the first couple of weeks, both single player and had some fun on the multi player. Recently though I cant bring myself to play it, I have no desire to put it in my 360. Been playing MLB 2K8, PES08 and even the Bourne demo instead........anything but GTA.

Anyone else feeling the same? Anyone else shed some light as to why this is? I mean $63 for 1 week of play pisses me of a bit!!

Peace

jaften

Not your kind of game then? I got Halo 3 for the full price because of the hype, a bad decision since im not a big FPS fan. Ask yourself if you enjoyed previous GTA games. IF not then you were just hyped and its nothing but your own fault. I do agree that GTA4 offers little after the story and I stoped playing after completing it aswell (45 hours). But only 9% means that you practicly did nothing while story mode is enjoyable for those who like these kinds of games.

Hopefully Rockstar uses the negative responses for the next GTA and brings back of the side activities and with that the fun factor.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 TheGTAvaccine
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
Maybe because you dont like it? You cant like everything, you know. :P
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean I thought I was going to like it to but I put it in, played it for like 6 hours straight, turned it off, then sold it.
Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dub_c6969
Member since 2004 • 6014 Posts
I got to like 40% and quit playing, i have not touched it since, i been playing COD4 regularly since it came out though.
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
your saying it's too short? Or you don't like it?
jiff_man12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jiff_man12
Member since 2005 • 88 Posts
i dunno, maybe its the 4 year wait but gta's still got me hooked and i only got it a week after it was released in the united states
jaften

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jaften
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts

I think it is an amazing game......techniacally that is. The stylized graphics, the living city is pretty spectacular but it just hasnt grabbed me. I thought the same of Oblivion (technically superb at the time) and played that to death.

Think im gonna give it one more try then its ebay. As for the first GTAs I loved the really early top down games but the 3D games I only played up to about 50% so I guess the game doesnt hook at all. Maybe im not cut out for a life of crime!!!