GTA IV (GTA 4) - slow frame-rate:(?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eirik230696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Eirik230696
Member since 2009 • 46 Posts

Hi, i have experience very slow frame-rate when im playing single-player on gta 4 for the xbox 360. Im sure the fram rate is about 15-25 fps all the time, and the game sould be 30 fps...and something is wrong. do you know what is causing this slow framerate. i have watched videos on youtube and im seeing much smoother gameplay.

BTW!!: i have got the game from game marketplace from games on demand.

please help me?

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
all the time? I'm sure thats not quite right ... I think its actually at 30fps most of the time but someitmes when the action heats up the frame rate can drop to about 15fps or so, but it does run smooth the rest of the time
Eirik230696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Eirik230696
Member since 2009 • 46 Posts

all the time? I'm sure thats not quite right ... I think its actually at 30fps most of the time but someitmes when the action heats up the frame rate can drop to about 15fps or so, but it does run smooth the rest of the timepenpusher

Yes, GTA 4 has slow frame-rate 60% of the time.., its a little bit wierd because all my other games work fine but GTA does not!!. My xbox has been to the reapir center once but they didnt find any problems with my console:question:

BTW!:i have downloaded the game from Games on demand from Game marketplace.

Plzz help!!!

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
I've heard a lot of people talking about this lately, but with all the hours I've logged in with GTA IV, The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, I've never had any framerate issues. I was playing from the disc though.
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts

I've heard a lot of people talking about this lately, but with all the hours I've logged in with GTA IV, The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, I've never had any framerate issues. I was playing from the disc though.DJ_Magneto

I don't remember any frame rate issues either, but I haven't played it in a couple of years. There have been a number of people here in the past couple of weeks claiming to be getting a slow frame-rate from GTA4. They all downloaded it from Games on Demand.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts

[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"]I've heard a lot of people talking about this lately, but with all the hours I've logged in with GTA IV, The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, I've never had any framerate issues. I was playing from the disc though.wallymartin

I don't remember any frame rate issues either, but I haven't played it in a couple of years. There have been a number of people here in the past couple of weeks claiming to be getting a slow frame-rate from GTA4. They all downloaded it from Games on Demand.

Now I downloaded TLaD and TBoGT, but I played through the GTA IV disc and didn't have issues with them. But it obviously says something if the only people having issues are the people who downloaded GTA IV from Games on Demand.