GTA IV Anticipation Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

Here you can talk about anything and everything Grand Theft Auto IV in anticipation for the release date.

I'd recommend you check out the IGN review – 10/10!

Anyways, I've been a huge fan of the GTA series – Vice City being the best! – And I'm honestly hyped-up beyond belief for this game. I know for sure that this game will take many hours of my life away, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Anyways, the first thing I'm going to do is just explore the city and get used to some of the new game mechanics before I even touch the story mode. Once the story mode is 100% complete, and that means no deaths, find all the packages/jumps etc. then I will try out multiplayer, which looks fantastic.

Discuss.

03mareed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 03mareed
Member since 2005 • 698 Posts
This game is gonna rule so bad.
porzdeadline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 porzdeadline
Member since 2007 • 482 Posts
good idea to make a thread like this considering how the forum is gonna be spamed with gta 4 topics in the next couple of days. anyways i already got it preordered at amazon.de (live in germany) and hopefully ill get it on tuesday cuz on wednesday and thursday we dont have school
porzdeadline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 porzdeadline
Member since 2007 • 482 Posts
oh ya and the first thing ill do is complete the first mission to get into it then ill take a small walk around the blocks but not to far off from the mission houses. i wanna get into it slowly and not run around everywhere and not even know where i am
Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lanezy

good idea to make a thread like this considering how the forum is gonna be spamed with gta 4 topics in the next couple of days. anyways i already got it preordered at amazon.de (live in germany) and hopefully ill get it on tuesday cuz on wednesday and thursday we dont have schoolporzdeadline

Yeah, the forum has a lot of GTA threads right now, but I expect that with every major release.

freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts
because of this game i have contemplated robbing eb games at gunpoint.
Natsu44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Natsu44
Member since 2006 • 33 Posts
I've played every GTA game even the original top down game's and i have anticipated every one and not been let down, all i can say is, the next one better be GTA:London or i'll be peeved.
PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts
Last day on the forums til I beat the game to avoid spoilers but im excited. Warning gametrailers comes out with a game guide tomorrow so that is when the spoilers will start especially all these people saying their not excited for GTA will want to ruin it
ferret837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ferret837
Member since 2004 • 1942 Posts
I cant wait for this game, preordering today. The first thing im going to do is probably go online and free roam with some friends, then start the story. I cant believe ign gave it a 10....
porky_ownsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 porky_ownsu
Member since 2008 • 1287 Posts
im gunna do online free roam first =)
IWasGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IWasGod
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts
tuesday will be the day that sandbox games have waited for. it looks amazing, first thing ill do is the first missions prolly. blow some cars up. find a hooker have my way with her, then kill her. just like old times. GTA has always been a favorite series of mine since the first one. GTA III revolutionized it, and i think GTA IV will come close to perfecting it. so many good games coming out this year, but this is deffinately in the running, and prolly one of the top contenders, for GOTY.
NICK00NICK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 NICK00NICK
Member since 2004 • 720 Posts
I can honestly say I have no idea what I will want to do first. Everything i've seen so far looks amazing and I can't wait til Tuesday. I might just get used to the city and see everything it has to offer first, but yet again i don't know. I guess I will just go wherever the Liberty City roads will take me.
Wezker619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Wezker619
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts
dude i can't wait for this game, i want it so bad...oh wait.
Contra_Dk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Contra_Dk
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts
Can't freakin' wait! Got a mail today saying that my copy has been shipped. Now I just have to be patient....
Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lanezy

dude i can't wait for this game, i want it so bad...oh wait.Wezker619

Hmmm, I see you have it there in you Sig.

Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

I simply cannot wait for this game. By a stroke of luck, I think I have Wednesday, Thursday, then Friday off from school as well. Boo-yah! Ever since GTA:III and GTA:Vice City, I've been a huge fan of the series. Looking at the various reviews that are available it looks like we can expect another blockbuster title!

One thing does worry me though. The image below is said to be taken from the Xbox 360 version of GTA:IV, and it looks like a real glitchy sequence. I've seen a few gameplay vids on the Net, and haven't seen anything this bad in regards to pop-ins, and I hope to never experience it. What do you guys think?

Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lanezy

I simply cannot wait for this game. By a stroke of luck, I think I have Wednesday, Thursday, then Friday off from school as well. Boo-yah! Ever since GTA:III and GTA:Vice City, I've been a huge fan of the series. Looking at the various reviews that are available it looks like we can expect another blockbuster title!

One thing does worry me though. The image below is said to be taken from the Xbox 360 version of GTA:IV, and it looks like a real glitchy sequence. I've seen a few gameplay vids on the Net, and haven't seen anything this bad in regards to pop-ins, and I hope to never experience it. What do you guys think?

Aaron89

That video worries me too, but let's just hope things like that rarely happen.

Can somebody confirm if there is a optional install on your hard drive or not.

king-micky207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 king-micky207
Member since 2006 • 668 Posts
[QUOTE="Aaron89"]

Lanezy

That video worries me too, but let's just hope things like that rarely happen.

Can somebody confirm if there is a optional install on your hard drive or not.

thankfully no, that's something that is exclusive to the PS3! you can't get everything :)

steveslugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 steveslugga
Member since 2007 • 1344 Posts
i just got the last pre-order at my local store, i get a sick ass t-shirt too jus for preordering, this games gonna effen rule
Vega08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Vega08
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
you guys think in the multiplayer Free Roam mode, two people will be able to get in the same car and pick up a hooker and run a train on her? I think it will cost a few more hundred dollars but thats nothing a baseball bat cant handle!