GTA IV a 10.0 with a horrible story, it's map more repetitive than Fable 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

00Joseph00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 0

#1 00Joseph00
Member since 2004 • 1578 Posts
GTA IV had a pretty lousy story but it got a 10. And that game was pretty dependent on the story to explain the scenarios. How in the world did they give it a 10 if they used the same "non-prejudice" they use in Fable II?
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts
It didn't have a horrible story but it had several flaws and I also do not know how it got a 10/10.
Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts
I dunno why it got the 10, but the story is one of my favorite parts of GTAIV.
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts
GTA IV deserved a 10 even though it has its flaws. The flaws can easily be overlooked since they don't really hurt the gameplay or anything else thats why it got the 10.
Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts

I'll admit it shouldn't have got a 10. It should have got a 9.5 imo but it is still an awesome game. Now what i can't stand is how people make these topics every day, Why not make a topic about how MGS4 didn't deserve a 10 or Zelda didn't or Tony Hawk didn't. All of those games got a 10 and none of them should've.

And i actually liked the story so i don't know what your talking about.

Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts

GTA IV was a solid game.The story never got the least bit repetitive for me.

But seriously,it's stupid to compare it to a game you haven't even played yet..how can you possibly know how Fable 2's story is,and if it's repetitive or not?

Czenkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Czenkus
Member since 2003 • 667 Posts

Rockstar spent money for ads here Lionhead did not, that about sums it up.

edit: Before taken wrong. Have had Fable 2 since yesterday ^.^ go go Target stores.

Goron24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Goron24
Member since 2005 • 1043 Posts

Oh my god i thought you actually had a decent thread that would provoke some thought, instead its another complain about fables review... it got an 8.5 give it a rest..

On a purely GTA note. I don't believe that GTA IV should have gotten a ten, it was a beautiful game but its world was lacking of any feeling and i quickly lost any interest or care in the story or characters. it didnt feel alive to caring. the combat was clunky and the auto aim awefully broken. The online was full or auto aim whores and major glitches, And my biggest gripe was that the new liberty city was no fun to fart around in which in my opinion is the GTA trademark, free play. oh well

dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts

GTA IV deserved a 10 even though it has its flaws. The flaws can easily be overlooked since they don't really hurt the gameplay or anything else thats why it got the 10.nVidiaGaMer

10 means perfect(don't say it doesn't as under the 10 it says perfect) and since there are flaws it wouldn't be perfect would it? Nor did it really move the series forward so don't try that card either.

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]GTA IV deserved a 10 even though it has its flaws. The flaws can easily be overlooked since they don't really hurt the gameplay or anything else thats why it got the 10.dukebd699

10 means perfect(don't say it doesn't as under the 10 it says perfect) and since there are flaws it wouldn't be perfect would it? Nor did it really move the series forward so don't try that card either.

Games that earn 10s aren't perfect ... No game is or will ever be perfect ... 10s just a rating that means the game is excellent and that has no major flaws that effect gameplay ...

dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts
[QUOTE="dukebd699"]

[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]GTA IV deserved a 10 even though it has its flaws. The flaws can easily be overlooked since they don't really hurt the gameplay or anything else thats why it got the 10.nVidiaGaMer

Games that earn 10s aren't perfect ... No game is or will ever be perfect ... 10s just a rating that means the game is excellent and that has no major flaws that effect gameplay ...

Once again going back to the fact that it says a 10 means perect.

Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"][QUOTE="dukebd699"]

[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]GTA IV deserved a 10 even though it has its flaws. The flaws can easily be overlooked since they don't really hurt the gameplay or anything else thats why it got the 10.dukebd699

Perfection is impossible.There's always someone who is going to find cons in the game,because every human being has their own opinion."Perfect 10" is just a figure of speech.Meaning that the reviewer believes that game is so amazing and gratifying,it can not be missed.

But there will always be people with doubts...hence real perfection is impossible.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Just like how I wonder why people like Gears.

It sucks in my opinion.

siLVURcross

You just said the magical words. It's an opinion not a machine that calculates pros and cons.

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

Really? Complaining about scores again. What I have gathered from the reviews of GTA4 and Fable 2 is that they are really good games and that's what matters.

xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts
Who cares what gamespot gave Fable2.Their reveiws have been very unreliable this year.If you want to get how good a game is using its score,go to gamerankings or metacritic.Those are the only places you get a true score.
R7_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 R7_3
Member since 2006 • 1565 Posts
GTA IV deserved a 10 even though it has its flaws. The flaws can easily be overlooked since they don't really hurt the gameplay or anything else thats why it got the 10.nVidiaGaMer
my thoughts exactly, this was almost like playing a good crime-drama movie
Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

The best thing about GTAIV was the story.

Niko is still one Bad a** mofo. That guy cracks me up.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

It's multiplat, more adverstising money for everyone, better scores.

kyletoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kyletoker
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts

I'll admit it shouldn't have got a 10. It should have got a 9.5 imo but it is still an awesome game. Now what i can't stand is how people make these topics every day, Why not make a topic about how MGS4 didn't deserve a 10 or Zelda didn't or Tony Hawk didn't. All of those games got a 10 and none of them should've.

torontomapleafs
agreed, except OoT deserved it
Ignite2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ignite2k3
Member since 2004 • 452 Posts
its all opinions, it got a 10 here cus GS liked it alot, and i liked it too. not saying fable wont be better but its two totally different genres. Reviews = opinions... just get the game and decide for yourself if u wanna trade it back in or keep it.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
a 10 because it made huge improvements in gaming and in the gta series. You can say there isnt the plane and all that nonsense that was in san andreas but yeah, IV was a huge improvement. Detailed in every way, finally you feel like your part of the city and the story was great. Same cant be said about Fable 2 compared to Fable one. But im tired of repeating myself about gta awesomeness. Give credit where credit is due.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts

dukebd699

It actually doesn't mean perfect on GameSpot anymore, it means Prime, which means they believe the game couldn't be improved in any meaningful way.

As for the question at hand, I loved the GTA4 story, I thought it was one of the best things about the game, so I don't really understand this whole thing. Of course, it boils down to personal opinion of the story, but it was very cinematic and very enjoyable.

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
GTS4's story was the best thing about it. Fable 2 is worth a 8.5-9. Get over it.
Avatar image for 8732_YoungJeezy
8732_YoungJeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26 8732_YoungJeezy
Member since 2008 • 1656 Posts
it does not deserve a 10, only like the first 2 levels of gta IV were good that's it, after that the story got boring and started to repeat
Avatar image for a_beautiful_lie
a_beautiful_lie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 a_beautiful_lie
Member since 2003 • 507 Posts
GTA IV was an amazing game with what, I thought, was a very well done story with well-developed characters. I honestly feel GTA IV earned that 10.
Avatar image for ColdfireTrilogy
ColdfireTrilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ColdfireTrilogy
Member since 2005 • 4911 Posts
No one really understands why GTAIV got a 10 ... it shouldve been a 9 or 9.5 ... everyone was all OHHH AHHH for the initial 3 weeks and then were like wtf was i smoking.
Avatar image for JustWiicredible
JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JustWiicredible
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts

torontomapleafs

I like GTA 4 but the story is the worst of all the gta's It just seems hard to relate to Niko and co. San Andreas story was alot better.

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
microsoft and lionhead must not of paid well enough for a 10
xXmeatwad225Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 xXmeatwad225Xx
Member since 2006 • 1553 Posts
GTA IV deserved a 10 even though it has its flaws. nVidiaGaMer
That right there destroys you post... In my opinion no game has ever deserved a 10/10 or 5/5. If a game gets a perfect score that mean we can't ever improve in the quality of video games being made. And I just don't wanna live in a world like that. There have been some 9.5 or even 9.9's out there (Depending on what rating system they use) But in my opinion a 10 is Perfection (Which at the moment is impossible in video games) So in conclusion for all of you who say a 10 isn't a perfect game it's just a really good one... I'm gonna half to respectfully disagree.
jvmva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jvmva
Member since 2005 • 433 Posts
GTA IV had a pretty lousy story but it got a 10. And that game was pretty dependent on the story to explain the scenarios. How in the world did they give it a 10 if they used the same "non-prejudice" they use in Fable II?00Joseph00
GTA 4's story was excellent! Fabel 2's, not good. This is probobly one of the most trustful reviews for gamespot. And the map for fable 2 is repetitive.
ck02623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ck02623
Member since 2003 • 1534 Posts
I am SOOOO tired of these stupid Fable 2 fanboy threads. How does an 8.5 review (which is good btw) affect your enjoyment of the game? Shouldn't you be playing it instead of posting??? Unless it's not engaging enough to keep you playing instead of whining on the forums...
Nocturnal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Nocturnal15
Member since 2006 • 1476 Posts

[QUOTE="siLVURcross"]

The fact is that the game sucked.

craigalan23

You just said the magical words. It's an opinion not a machine that calculates pros and cons.

There fixed. Gears Of war is a broken shooter.

I like GTA 4 but the story is the worst of all the gta's It just seems hard to relate to Niko and co. San Andreas story was alot better.

JustWiicredible

San Andreas was the worst of the series. That game was a chore.

makchady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 makchady
Member since 2007 • 1286 Posts

ok for those people who say a 10 review score is not "perfect" i would just like to point out that a 10/10 is indeed the equivelant of 100% and if you get a 100% on a test clearly you answered every question correctly and therefore your test was PERFECT. gta4, as you have admitted, is NOT perfect, and thus, should not receive a perfect score.

I would care much less if it got a 9.8 or 9.5, but the fact that every site ironically gave it a 10/10 is just dumfounding to me, especially when so many people dislike this game because of how repetetive it truly is. why is it that no other game in the past 10 years or so hasn't received a 10/10 on ign when there are plenty of games that have come out that are far better than gta4. halo 1, half life 2, and resident evil 4 were all far better than gta 4, yet some how none of them were worthy of 10/10s? hmmm ok.

so, as someone already stated, if a 10/10 is "excellent" then are you saying all 3 of those aforementioned games are not "excellent"and not worthy of 10/10s? seems to me like the original halo not only had a better story, but undoubtedly had a much better multiplayer, and is an overall better package of a game than gta4, but it didnt get a 10/10.

it doesnt make sense to me...now, i wouldnt personally give halo, half life 2, or resident evil 4 10/10s but that just shows that no game is deserving of a 10/10, and certainly gta 4 isnt. with that being said, some form of payment must have been given to these major websites for them all to give the game a ridiculous, and unbelievable, score of 10/10. in a day and age where money dictates and rules so many people and company's lives it is not ludacris to think that a gaming company would pay off reviewers to significantly raise their sales, because, as we all know, the majority of gamers do indeed listen to reviews.

and to the TC, i havent played fable 2, but i am assuming it, at least in my opinion, will be much more better than gta 4 simply because it has a heart and life to it that gta 4 completely lacked. gta 4 seemed very uninspired and lacking a personality whereas fable 2 capitalizes on those aspects. fable 2 isnt deserving of a 10/10 either, but i definitely agree that gta 4's reviews were b.s.

Avatar image for JustWiicredible
JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JustWiicredible
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts

[QUOTE="craigalan23"][QUOTE="siLVURcross"]

The fact is that the game sucked.

Nocturnal15

There fixed. Gears Of war is a broken shooter.

JustWiicredible

San Andreas was the worst of the series. That game was a chore.

I was talking just about the Story the plight of CJ is more interesting than Nikos

Same_Jeans_On

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Same_Jeans_On
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts

Ill answer the original question quite simply. Rockstar has deep pockets.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

It's a great game but it's more like a 9.5/10 in my book. The missions were fun, characters were excellent, all of it were top-notch except for the money factor. You have all this money but there was nothing to do with it.. except buy more rocket launchers and new slacks. There was no replayability for me.

atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
[QUOTE="dukebd699"][QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"][QUOTE="dukebd699"]

[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]GTA IV deserved a 10 even though it has its flaws. The flaws can easily be overlooked since they don't really hurt the gameplay or anything else thats why it got the 10.AtomicBaconBits

Perfection is impossible.There's always someone who is going to find cons in the game,because every human being has their own opinion."Perfect 10" is just a figure of speech.Meaning that the reviewer believes that game is so amazing and gratifying,it can not be missed.

But there will always be people with doubts...hence real perfection is impossible.

Precisely...