GTA 4 Questionz

This topic is locked from further discussion.

grongo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 grongo2
Member since 2009 • 119 Posts

One -- I've never played a GTA game...and all this talk about RDR makes me want to. My two questions are:

1.) Is it too late? Is it a dated game, and is it better just to save the cash for RDR?

2.) Should I DL on Games on Demand right now? Or is it a smarter idea to purchase the Platinum Hits version at a store? (Interested on everyones thoughts on this especially).

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

One -- I've never played a GTA game...and all this talk about RDR makes me want to. My two questions are:

1.) Is it too late? Is it a dated game, and is it better just to save the cash for RDR?

2.) Should I DL on Games on Demand right now? Or is it a smarter idea to purchase the Platinum Hits version at a store? (Interested on everyones thoughts on this especially).

grongo2

it's not dated. it looks great today. people still play online, which is very fun in free-roam.

I'd go for a physical disc, if you don't like it, you can trade it in for cash.

Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Foulcry
Member since 2008 • 960 Posts

GTAIV sucks get RDR.

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
GTA IV has not aged well, graphics wise. I would suggest renting first if you're not sure.. or buy it used at Gamestop and return it if you end up not liking it.
grongo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 grongo2

Thanks for the advice, I was gonna drop the 30 and have it DL overnight so I could play tommorrow but I'll just go to the store tomorrow and buy it. That way I can still sell it for a few bucks if I think it sucks. It's a shame that such a high scoring game has such lower opinions about it just 2 years later, but that's the nature of this evolving market.

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Elian2530

Thanks for the advice, I was gonna drop the 30 and have it DL overnight so I could play tommorrow but I'll just go to the store tomorrow and buy it. That way I can still sell it for a few bucks if I think it sucks. It's a shame that such a high scoring game has such lower opinions about it just 2 years later, but that's the nature of this evolving market.

grongo2
Anytime. ;)
S1MSTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 108

#7 S1MSTA
Member since 2008 • 1624 Posts

I think it's still brilliant and many people still play online

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#8 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

1. No, it's still a great game and in no way out dated. You can get GTA IV for twenty dollars, only a third of Red Dead Redemption's price. GTA IV is the better deal.

2. I'd suggest getting a copy at a store. It's thirty dollars on Games on Demand. You can get it for twenty bucks used at Gamestop.

Mr_Dunce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mr_Dunce
Member since 2006 • 280 Posts

1. No, it's still a great game and in no way out dated. You can get GTA IV for twenty dollars, only a third of Red Dead Redemption's price. GTA IV is the better deal.

2. I'd suggest getting a copy at a store. It's thirty dollars on Games on Demand. You can get it for twenty bucks used at Gamestop.

vashkey

Its stupid that in america you get charged 30 dollars for games on demand were as in the UK we get charged £20, time for microsoft to except that the pound is stronger over the dollar than 1.33 id be happy with a 1.5 exchange rate

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
get it over rdr, rdrs campaign is the only thing it has going for it, while gta has much more.
speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

I would pick gta4.

It feels longer then RDR.

grongo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 grongo2

One more question about the GTAIV boxed version -- I see that you can read the manual online through the Xbox site, but I heard somewhere it comes with maps as well? Is that true? I'd buy the box if it it was.

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Elian2530

One more question about the GTAIV boxed version -- I see that you can read the manual online through the Xbox site, but I heard somewhere it comes with maps as well? Is that true? I'd buy the box if it it was.

grongo2
It comes with a map of the city. Although I never used it because there's already a map of the city in the in-game menu.
thedude78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thedude78
Member since 2008 • 357 Posts

1. No, the game is a masterpiece. Go buy it ASAP.

2. Get the disc. I hate not having a hard copy... ugh.

And also, why'd you spell "questions" with a z?