GTA 4 cheats disabling achievments

This topic is locked from further discussion.

00camsco01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 00camsco01
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts

what happens then

How long are they disabled for ????????????//

neelyboy99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 neelyboy99
Member since 2003 • 1391 Posts
it disables the achievement forever on that save file if you use weapon/health/wanted level down cheats. if you use vehicle spawns (not helicopters), then no achievements will be disabled.
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

it disables the achievement forever on that save file if you use weapon/health/wanted level down cheats. if you use vehicle spawns (not helicopters), then no achievements will be disabled.neelyboy99

So if I use a cheat then I can never get achievements on that game again?

sly_fiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sly_fiz
Member since 2007 • 563 Posts
i would use the cheat where you get full health, full armour, and full weapon ammo for teir 2 (i think tier 2)
you call GTA-555-0100 and it only disables the achievement you get for killing 20 criminals through police computer, which you can easily get on another file, so i use it all the time :)
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

[QUOTE="neelyboy99"]it disables the achievement forever on that save file if you use weapon/health/wanted level down cheats. if you use vehicle spawns (not helicopters), then no achievements will be disabled.PlasmaBeam44

Blasphemy, cheating comes at a cost?

neelyboy99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 neelyboy99
Member since 2003 • 1391 Posts

[QUOTE="neelyboy99"]it disables the achievement forever on that save file if you use weapon/health/wanted level down cheats. if you use vehicle spawns (not helicopters), then no achievements will be disabled.PlasmaBeam44

only on that save file in gta 4. create a new save file in gta 4 and youre fine.

sly_fiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sly_fiz
[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]

[QUOTE="neelyboy99"]it disables the achievement forever on that save file if you use weapon/health/wanted level down cheats. if you use vehicle spawns (not helicopters), then no achievements will be disabled.Mau-Justice

omg wow get over it. if they didnt do that you would obviously get the hardest achievements in about 5 mins so it makes things fair they are disabled forever.

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]

[QUOTE="neelyboy99"]it disables the achievement forever on that save file if you use weapon/health/wanted level down cheats. if you use vehicle spawns (not helicopters), then no achievements will be disabled.neelyboy99

only on that save file in gta 4. create a new save file in gta 4 and youre fine.

OH, well then i guess I'll have one file for achievements and one file for cheating.

sly_fiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sly_fiz
[QUOTE="neelyboy99"][QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]

OH, well then i guess I'll have one file for achievements and one file for cheating.

seriously use the GTA-555-0100 cheat. its the most versitile cheat and only costs you an easy 20 point achievement
i mean full health+ armour+ ammo kicks *** during the whole game.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"][QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]

[QUOTE="neelyboy99"]it disables the achievement forever on that save file if you use weapon/health/wanted level down cheats. if you use vehicle spawns (not helicopters), then no achievements will be disabled.sly_fiz

omg wow get over it. if they didnt do that you would obviously get the hardest achievements in about 5 mins so it makes things fair they are disabled forever.

Uh, that was sarcasm. I don't use any of the cheats.

sly_fiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sly_fiz
seriously GTA-555-0100 you won't regret it
afflictatrophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 afflictatrophy
Member since 2006 • 223 Posts
ive used pretty much all the cheats and saved and i still get achievements, :/ although i dont really care about achievments but yah
Keving7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Keving7
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts

if u use the weapon cheat will it disable any achievments?

Agreb91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#14 Agreb91
Member since 2005 • 7169 Posts
I just wouldn't use cheats. I hear they can mess up your game.
Crash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Crash6
Member since 2004 • 3525 Posts
i would use the cheat where you get full health, full armour, and full weapon ammo for teir 2 (i think tier 2)
you call GTA-555-0100 and it only disables the achievement you get for killing 20 criminals through police computer, which you can easily get on another file, so i use it all the time :)sly_fiz
are u sure this works? p.s. Spagett!
avinniemason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 avinniemason
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

seriously GTA-555-0100 you won't regret itsly_fiz

is there an ammo cheat where it jus gives ammo and dosnt change any guns you have with you B/C some guns i like in teir 1 and some in 2 but the ammo cheat just gives me teir 2

ag3ntz3rox0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 ag3ntz3rox0x
Member since 2007 • 1534 Posts
why do people feel the need to cheat? it takes the fun out of the game. now if your done with the game and youve gotten all of the offline achievements then yah go for it, but why?
Quintinius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Quintinius
Member since 2006 • 1050 Posts
[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]

[QUOTE="neelyboy99"]it disables the achievement forever on that save file if you use weapon/health/wanted level down cheats. if you use vehicle spawns (not helicopters), then no achievements will be disabled.neelyboy99

What happens if I use a cheat on that file, DON'T SAVE and load that file again?

juicenpancakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 juicenpancakes
Member since 2006 • 700 Posts
[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"][QUOTE="neelyboy99"][QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]

[QUOTE="neelyboy99"]it disables the achievement forever on that save file if you use weapon/health/wanted level down cheats. if you use vehicle spawns (not helicopters), then no achievements will be disabled.sly_fiz

seriously use the GTA-555-0100 cheat. its the most versitile cheat and only costs you an easy 20 point achievement
i mean full health+ armour+ ammo kicks *** during the whole game.

can anyone else back this up?

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts

no point playing the game if using cheats

suzukigsxr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 suzukigsxr
Member since 2005 • 697 Posts
just get the achievement for capturing20 criminals through police computers and get the one for staying on a six star rating for 5 minutes then you can use any cheat you want cause those are the only 2 cheats that get disabled. or just turn off auto-save and don't save then you can just dick around then reload your save and its like nothing ever happened
patrickhorta87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 patrickhorta87
Member since 2008 • 212 Posts
[QUOTE="sly_fiz"][QUOTE="Mau-Justice"][QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]

[QUOTE="neelyboy99"]it disables the achievement forever on that save file if you use weapon/health/wanted level down cheats. if you use vehicle spawns (not helicopters), then no achievements will be disabled.Mau-Justice

Uh, that was sarcasm. I don't use any of the cheats.

well i used the health cheat and got the achievement where you have to run from the cops for six mins on foot with six stars and i used the health cheats and got the under the radar achievement

msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#24 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

You just can't get achievements on that save file anymore (if you save after using the cheat).

PaisaPlaya510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 PaisaPlaya510
Member since 2007 • 124 Posts
beat the game then do all the cheats you want
eddy5791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 eddy5791
Member since 2004 • 986 Posts

why do people feel the need to cheat? it takes the fun out of the game. now if your done with the game and youve gotten all of the offline achievements then yah go for it, but why?ag3ntz3rox0x

the thing is that GTA is notorious for its cheats. they give you the feeling that you're a God. It just have such an extensive array of cheats, and you can have soooo much fun with them. GTA is in its own class for cheats, and i personally think they're acceptable due to their level of entertainment.