This topic is locked from further discussion.

fablenoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fablenoob
Member since 2004 • 254 Posts
Im thinking of buying gta 4.... ive never bought a copy of gta before in my life but allways borrowed/played at a friends house for hours.
Ive allwways gotten bored of the game after a while and because it wasnt so realistic.
Ive read alot about gta 4 and people are saying its more realistic and the driving is better, im wondering if i should make this the first gta game i purchase.
Basically what im trying to ask is...
are all of you satisified with the new gta?
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 TheGTAvaccine
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
Yes. Very satisfied.
Avatar image for uconnhuskies050
uconnhuskies050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 uconnhuskies050
Member since 2007 • 643 Posts
Who isn't satisfied with it? It's great.
JeM760soCAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 JeM760soCAL
Member since 2008 • 546 Posts
Yes! Its a must buy!
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
yeah yeah! game is awesome, plenty to do before, after, and during ur doing the story lol
Corvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Corvin
Member since 2002 • 7266 Posts

I'm satisfied with it, plenty satisfied, but thats me not you.

Depends on how much realism you desire. Its certainly more realistic in a lot of aspects compared to past GTA games, the driving feels less arcadey (you can't whip around 90-degree turns at full speed anymore), if you just try to run across the road haphazardly you can get in some pretty serious (and potentially hilarious) car accidents thanks to the new, excellent physics. Combat actually requires using cover. Pedestrians and the overall feel of the city is more realistic in general. You have friends you need to keep in contact with and hang out with now and again if you want to keep them as good friends, although its really not necessary to the story, you can blow 'em all off if you want.

However, in some ways the realism is reduced. Generally speaking, escaping from 3-star wanted rating is easy as pie, although occasionally time consuming (less realistic but I actually like this as I couldn't stand 3-star or higher in previous GTA unless I was just messing around). Sometimes minor crashes in a car send your vehicle flying through the air, the physics wonk out every now and again. Also, be aware that even the smallest trees in the GTA universe are still made out of solid diamond, you can fly through light poles and mail boxes like they were cardboard but trees are still unyielding.

Sorry for the length but I felt like being thourough. I'm probably biased but I would say absolutely, buy this game. It feels much more realistic overall, the missions are less frustrating (though also less varied), great story, solid gameplay mechanics, fun multiplayer, etc.

androflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 androflash
Member since 2005 • 1034 Posts

I'm satisfied with it, plenty satisfied, but thats me not you.

Depends on how much realism you desire. Its certainly more realistic in a lot of aspects compared to past GTA games, the driving feels less arcadey (you can't whip around 90-degree turns at full speed anymore), if you just try to run across the road haphazardly you can get in some pretty serious (and potentially hilarious) car accidents thanks to the new, excellent physics. Combat actually requires using cover. Pedestrians and the overall feel of the city is more realistic in general. You have friends you need to keep in contact with and hang out with now and again if you want to keep them as good friends, although its really not necessary to the story, you can blow 'em all off if you want.

However, in some ways the realism is reduced. Generally speaking, escaping from 3-star wanted rating is easy as pie, although occasionally time consuming (less realistic but I actually like this as I couldn't stand 3-star or higher in previous GTA unless I was just messing around). Sometimes minor crashes in a car send your vehicle flying through the air, the physics wonk out every now and again. Also, be aware that even the smallest trees in the GTA universe are still made out of solid diamond, you can fly through light poles and mail boxes like they were cardboard but trees are still unyielding.

Sorry for the length but I felt like being thourough. I'm probably biased but I would say absolutely, buy this game. It feels much more realistic overall, the missions are less frustrating (though also less varied), great story, solid gameplay mechanics, fun multiplayer, etc.

Corvin

what he said

dogman753

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dogman753
Member since 2007 • 174 Posts
amazing game just buy it now!!!
TheRevanent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 TheRevanent
Member since 2006 • 201 Posts
I've played all the previous GTAs and this is far and away the best of them all, the shooting is tighter, the driving is more controlled, and the story is so much better. If you can go get GTA IV, like NOW!!!
EnterSandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 EnterSandman
Member since 2003 • 339 Posts

Like you, I had just messed around at a friend or relative's house but never bought any of them or really got into the story. But, you really need to get this game, because it's one of the greatest I've ever played. The story is far better than the previous games and it never gets old to just mess around. :P

There is A LOT to do, the game is totally worth it.

Avatar image for whitesoxfan8907
whitesoxfan8907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 whitesoxfan8907
Member since 2004 • 420 Posts
don't wait any longer, just get it
lickenwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 lickenwing
Member since 2004 • 38 Posts
It's a must have!!!!
fablenoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fablenoob
Member since 2004 • 254 Posts

haha damn guys im buying this game TOMORROW! asdajfyulk;\'
thanks for all the positive feed back really helped my decision!

PlzDuntBanMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 PlzDuntBanMe
Member since 2008 • 3269 Posts

haha damn guys im buying this game TOMORROW! asdajfyulk;\'
thanks for all the positive feed back really helped my decision!

fablenoob

Nice, glad that we can help