Great at COD4 and Battlefield Bad Company, mediocre at Halo 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

btiplling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 btiplling
Member since 2009 • 200 Posts

I think maybe I'm starting to get it, maybe not. Basically I own at COD4 and Battlefield Bad Company. My kill/death ration is among the highest. I'm typically on top of the charts at the end of the round, usually by a wide margin. I'm great at killing at these war like games. Then comes Halo 3. I just get owned and owned and owned. Sometimes I have fits of skill when I do well, but most of the time I do terribly. My K/D ratio is far less than 1. It's like .7 or .6. It's awful. Which leads me to a couple of conclusions:

1) Higher skilled players play Halo 3?

2) I rock at strategy and tactics, and am average at aiming.

The first point speaks for itself. The second point needs some explaining. Halo 3 is just arena style death match. Even the big social teams don't offer much other than a place to go around and shoot people. Other games like COD4 employ stealth, difference of weapons (Halo 3 has this to a smaller degree), complicated maps with hills buildings, shadows, bushes and trees, multiple pathways, overturned furniture and vehicles, etc. There's just more of an ability to be creative. One time on COD4 on bog(?) I just lay down in the grass and just racked up kill after kill. You could never do this in Halo 3. Halo 3 is just about being good at aiming and quick responses. Not trying to minimize that, some people are impressive. But those skills only go so far in other games. On the other hand, having those skills definitely give you an edge no matter how good you are at strategy and tactics.

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

Same with me... CoD K/D ratios are 4+ on both... my K/D ratio on Bad Company is 20 (I sit way off away from the battle and snipe :))... but on Halo it was always around 1:1...

I think it is because of the shield/health system... I am used to zooming in and getting a chest shot and dropping someone... or hitting them a few times with a rifle and they die... in Halo you need to waste and entire magazine on someone to kill them...

I have since sold the game and I just stick with CoD and Bad Company...

l337_hax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 l337_hax
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts

completely different games

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
its cuz halo 3 have shields that recharge, without the shields they die in like 2 seconds just like in games like cod4 n bfbc, and all the power weapons in halo, grenade spams, melees etc. lol so very annoying
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
its cuz halo 3 have shields that recharge, without the shields they die in like 2 seconds just like in games like cod4 n bfbc, and all the power weapons in halo, grenade spams, melees etc. lol so very annoying LightColor
what? i dont get the point your making here
imlolmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 imlolmon
Member since 2009 • 503 Posts

i have battlefeild and halo 3 and the way you have to go about playing them is so different..

in halo 3 your weapon should always effect where you are on the map. like if you have a shotgun its best to crouch down in a hall perferably with doors that pepople go through alot. if you have the needler you wanna be in a big open space, etc etc etc with all the weapons. atleast thats how i look at it, and i consider myself pretty good in halo. im always in 1st-3rd

sToK3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sToK3d
Member since 2006 • 418 Posts
The best players of EVERY video game develop skill and strategy hand in hand. With Halo, you need to know how to move depending on spawns, weapon control, map control, and overall strategy. Your competition also plays a role. Power weapons are a must. Personally, I'm a great Halo player and I easily went 20-5 every game in the CoD WaW beta. I'm looking forward to MW2 .
bcjkdem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bcjkdem
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts
Halo is very unrealistic. People like to just run around like crazy, because they know they will take 20 hits before they die. It doesn't put anywhere near as much emphisis on using cover/tactics as COD.
CTUDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CTUDude
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts

completely different games

l337_hax
Halo is very unrealistic. People like to just run around like crazy, because they know they will take 20 hits before they die. It doesn't put anywhere near as much emphisis on using cover/tactics as COD.bcjkdem
These two pretty much summed it up perfectly. COD/BFBC follow realistic aspects be it damage, physics, everything. Halo people jump 10100101 into the air and strafe and all that stuff which makes it a totally different shooter. Out of games that I've played that were most realistic to least it would be: Call of Duty: World at War --> Resistance 2 --> Halo 3 I'm not knocking Halo I'm just saying that it's very different to play, cover is so much more crucial in the first two games I mentioned but it seems in Halo if you keep irratically jumping you should be okay lol.
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
The reasons why you apparently suck at Halo 3 are the same reasons why I don't really like Halo 3. I enjoy games where strategy is involved, and Halo 3 doesn't really have strategy (other than grabbing all the power weapons and camping). I am pretty good at COD 4 and halo 3, not the best, but I can hold my own in both games.
Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
Not to sound like a troll, but how in the Hell can you bad at aiming in Halo 3?!
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Halo is very unrealistic. People like to just run around like crazy, because they know they will take 20 hits before they die. It doesn't put anywhere near as much emphisis on using cover/tactics as COD.bcjkdem

Cover/tactics on COD4 lol i'm sorry but was that a joke? Whenever i played i'd literally watch people run out into plain view and get mowed down just to watch three other people repeat the same thing. Also Halo is set in the future.. Definitely not going for realism. Anyway it just matters how fast you get used to the controls. I can normally switch between the two and only do slightly worse(until i've played alittle longer).

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
its the match making and use of true skill . on cod and battlefield you play random people in the same play lists. where on halo 3 although a bit different in the techniques to kill people you should get used to it if your good, but it in all ranked matches once you have played quite a few games it locks onto your skill level and when your team goes against another they match them for same skill level. so you play people who are as good as you in most games. so that explains why its a far more even game online where you cant consistantly own as you will get put with people who also own .
btiplling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 btiplling

its the match making and use of true skill . on cod and battlefield you play random people in the same play lists. where on halo 3 although a bit different in the techniques to kill people you should get used to it if your good, but it in all ranked matches once you have played quite a few games it locks onto your skill level and when your team goes against another they match them for same skill level. so you play people who are as good as you in most games. so that explains why its a far more even game online where you cant consistantly own as you will get put with people who also own .djrobst

Yeah, but it's not that I rise to a high skill level. My highest Lone wolf skill level is 30 and I've fallen to 22 since (mostly because I stopped caring). I just suck. I don't suck at COD4. My Battlefield Bad Company skill level is under 10. I've spent time at 3 and 2 (1 is the highest and only one person is ever at skill 1). I am getting a tiny bit better at Halo 3, just a little bit each time I play, but just about everyone else is zooming past me. I've got over 150 lone wolf xp points and most of the people with the same skill level as me are at less than 30. I'm am through and through absolute **** at Halo 3. And I can't even use the excuse that I have no time, because I have been playing it for hours and hours now for several weeks and I am not getting better enough for the amount of time I have invested into the game.

BLBxLakers24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 126

#16 BLBxLakers24
Member since 2008 • 1716 Posts

Halo takes the most skill thats all.

killaguru11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 killaguru11
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts

It definitely doesn't take the most skill...the idea is that COD4...5 is more of a game where you HAVE to make your shot count, because the health system is more realistic than Halo. This is kinda asinine though, as nothing is "realistic" in either, but COD has the closer to realistic gunplay, because Halo is more sci-fi. That's the point. Halo players are not really more skilled than War players, and War players are not more skilled than Halo players. It all streams down to what you would rather play and get better at. I am really good at COD and I lack in skill in Halo because I would rather find someone and kill them than hop around for a minute recharging and shooting, but I still enjoy Halo, it is a good game.

jrabbit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 jrabbit99
Member since 2007 • 2836 Posts
prob b/c your better at one shot kill games
btiplling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 btiplling

Is there anyone who is great at Halo 3 but sucks at COD4?

chipie7896

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 chipie7896
Member since 2008 • 101 Posts

Halo takes far more skill than call of duty. That's all. Its easy to camp in call of duty and go 20-0 in a match. Play someone in halo who has a great br and you lose. Lol at tactics in call of duty. I've played plenty of 4 and mw and rarely heard people using tactics.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#22 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
2 different type of games u must play them as they are... cod more on the real side..... halo is more on the comedy/ real/scfi side.... see i'm the opposite from u iam great at halo and good at cod. my ration on cod was barely passing .95 and then halo its 1.20 (only if i had the will power to be less aggressive sometimes my ratio be higher on halo and cod. my aggressive side betrays me sometimes lol ..... u cant camp on halo 24/7 like cod u will get owned its more like camping in good area on the map alot more team work then cod if u wanna be good
xAKxRoyalFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xAKxRoyalFlush
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
chipie i disagree halo 2 maybe but halo 3 is way too noob friendly, H2 there was a sense of skill involved but in H3 the only skill you can have is HOST. I still don't understand why people dnt think Camping is a legit way to play Cod4, in halo camping isnt gonna win you the game. It takes a great deal of strategey to position yourself in cod4 to camp its a good strategey to win the game.... that is the objective is it not? You're only good as a team, You're team is only as good as its weakest link!!
Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

I'm pretty much the same way. K/D ratios are great in CoD 4 and Bad Company, but I'm terrible at Halo 3. I really do think that Halo 3 takes more skill to be truly good at it.

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

It may be because some people have an edge... by this, I mean people that have played Halo Online since Halo 2 or Halo 1 on PC... whenever I play with my friends who are new to the series and Halo 3 was their first Halo... they are just as bad as me, if not worse... But my friends that have been on Live since Halo 2 came out... they freakin destroy me online and are all General Rank and have 3+ K/D ratio...

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#26 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Im much better at Rainbow/COD/BF

then games like Halo...

My k/d in halo is like .3 or something, im horrible at it.

I dont care if a game makes you take lots of bullets, but what annoys meis that you have to reload every 5 seconds. If the magazine sizes were larger it would be less annoying, IMO.

bcjkdem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bcjkdem

[QUOTE="bcjkdem"]Halo is very unrealistic. People like to just run around like crazy, because they know they will take 20 hits before they die. It doesn't put anywhere near as much emphisis on using cover/tactics as COD.craigalan23

Cover/tactics on COD4 lol i'm sorry but was that a joke? Whenever i played i'd literally watch people run out into plain view and get mowed down just to watch three other people repeat the same thing. Also Halo is set in the future.. Definitely not going for realism. Anyway it just matters how fast you get used to the controls. I can normally switch between the two and only do slightly worse(until i've played alittle longer).

You have no clue what you are talking about. Just becasue you played against some guys that sucked and like to run out in the middle of the open doesn't mean that the ame takes no skill. I still am trying to make even a little bit of sense out of your reply...but I can't.
bcjkdem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bcjkdem
And all this talk about "you have to camp to be good at COD" is a bunch of BS. I have a 2.58 K/D ratio on COD5 right now, and I very rarly camp. And actully a lot of the people I see with really high K/D ratios (like over 2.50) that I see, also like to run around and bump from cover to cover. Again, just beacuse you saw some guy that likes to camp and has a high K/D doesn't mean thats the only way to be good at the game. And these people saying that Halo takes more skill........LOL!!! It takes more skill then GOW, Ill definatly give you that, but don't sit here and say COD takes no skill, and Halo is king.
OmNiSlasHVrs5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 OmNiSlasHVrs5
Member since 2006 • 36 Posts

You need two completely different mind sets. Halo is a game where you need to memorize every map/weapon location before you have any chance at doing well. Then you need to gain the power weapons and camp. And should you be caught in a firefight, jump like you're in the circus and unload as many bullets as you can. Cod is a far more complex game, if you play COD well, usually you won't play halo games well because you will be too calculated.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#30 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

You need two completely different mind sets. Halo is a game where you need to memorize every map/weapon location before you have any chance at doing well. Then you need to gain the power weapons and camp. And should you be caught in a firefight, jump like you're in the circus and unload as many bullets as you can. Cod is a far more complex game, if you play COD well, usually you won't play halo games well because you will be too calculated.

OmNiSlasHVrs5
jump around like a mad man and unload chips into ppl what a joke u need aim and need to know how to move. ya go jump like a mad man and shoot rapidly in a br fight see how far u get
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#31 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts

Halo takes far more skill than call of duty. That's all. Its easy to camp in call of duty and go 20-0 in a match. Play someone in halo who has a great br and you lose. Lol at tactics in call of duty. I've played plenty of 4 and mw and rarely heard people using tactics.

chipie7896
In s&d you need tactics and it can get really tense when it's 1v1 halo 3 is no where near as enjoyable in MP.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#32 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

And all this talk about "you have to camp to be good at COD" is a bunch of BS. I have a 2.58 K/D ratio on COD5 right now, and I very rarly camp. And actully a lot of the people I see with really high K/D ratios (like over 2.50) that I see, also like to run around and bump from cover to cover. Again, just beacuse you saw some guy that likes to camp and has a high K/D doesn't mean thats the only way to be good at the game. And these people saying that Halo takes more skill........LOL!!! It takes more skill then GOW, Ill definatly give you that, but don't sit here and say COD takes no skill, and Halo is king.bcjkdem

Lol, please explain how Halo doesn't take as much skill. Just because it takes more to kill someone in Halo doesnt mean theres no benefit in taking cover. Anyone who runs out rambo style in Halo against other players that actually know what they're doing is going to get killed pretty quickly. Just because you might not be good at the game doesn't mean it does take skill. It just means you arent good at the game.

Theres a reason the game is more used in MLG and other game tournaments over CoD. I mean, it diesn't take skill to use juggernaut, last stand, martyrdom and the other perks that pretty much throw any sense of balance out of the window.

TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#33 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts
[QUOTE="OmNiSlasHVrs5"] jump around like a mad man and unload chips into ppl what a joke u need aim and need to know how to move. ya go jump like a mad man and shoot rapidly in a br fight see how far u get k2theswiss
[QUOTE="k2theswiss"][QUOTE="OmNiSlasHVrs5"]

jump around like a mad man and unload chips into ppl what a joke u need aim and need to know how to move. ya go jump like a mad man and shoot rapidly in a br fight see how far u get

touchy little guy aren't you. The simple fact is cod4> halo 3
sweeten16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sweeten16
Member since 2005 • 2872 Posts
my k/d in cod waw is 2.5 and my k/d in MW is 1.5 can you explain that for me please lol. Is it because people are more skilled in MW or is it because i perfer the maps and win virutally every free for all i play?
bcjkdem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bcjkdem

[QUOTE="bcjkdem"]And all this talk about "you have to camp to be good at COD" is a bunch of BS. I have a 2.58 K/D ratio on COD5 right now, and I very rarly camp. And actully a lot of the people I see with really high K/D ratios (like over 2.50) that I see, also like to run around and bump from cover to cover. Again, just beacuse you saw some guy that likes to camp and has a high K/D doesn't mean thats the only way to be good at the game. And these people saying that Halo takes more skill........LOL!!! It takes more skill then GOW, Ill definatly give you that, but don't sit here and say COD takes no skill, and Halo is king.vashkey

Lol, please explain how Halo doesn't take as much skill. Just because it takes more to kill someone in Halo doesnt mean theres no benefit in taking cover. Anyone who runs out rambo style in Halo against other players that actually know what they're doing is going to get killed pretty quickly. Just because you might not be good at the game doesn't mean it does take skill. It just means you arent good at the game.

Theres a reason the game is more used in MLG and other game tournaments over CoD. I mean, it diesn't take skill to use juggernaut, last stand, martyrdom and the other perks that pretty much throw any sense of balance out of the window.

Re-read my post, I never said it doesn't take any skill, I just said I don't like these people saying it takes MORE skill then COD. And the reason you see Halo in more MLG tournaments is because its more popular.
bcjkdem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bcjkdem

my k/d in cod waw is 2.5 and my k/d in MW is 1.5 can you explain that for me please lol. Is it because people are more skilled in MW or is it because i perfer the maps and win virutally every free for all i play?sweeten16
This is probably because when you first started playing MW you (obviously) weren't very used to the game, and therefore, not as good. WAW is basically the same thing, so, when you started playing that you were already experienced. Just my guess. I too have a lower K/D in MW, but not as big of a difference (2.15 to 2.58 ).

Avatar image for ptownzdominikan
ptownzdominikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ptownzdominikan
Member since 2008 • 205 Posts

because on any other game it takes a couple bullets to kill sum1.but on gaylo 3 it takes 1000 bullets.

polarman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 polarman87
Member since 2009 • 429 Posts

It is because COD is alot easier than halo. You point shoot and they are dead in cod but not in halo. I played alot of Halo before i played COD4 and it did not take me long to be decent at COD it is not a very hard online shooter

Avatar image for ChampionoChumps
ChampionoChumps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ChampionoChumps
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts

Is there anyone who is great at Halo 3 but sucks at COD4?

btiplling
my friend has a 3.0 k/d on halo and makes and sells 50's, but has a 1.4k/d on cod4
Avatar image for CrazyGamer02149
CrazyGamer02149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CrazyGamer02149
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts

same here. except im good at halo. use a battle rifle. four shots 2 the head and they die. strafe and jump. crouch and sstuff. use grendes and meeles. most important:AIM FOR THE HEAD NO MATTER WHAT. just keep playing you will get better

Avatar image for CrazyGamer02149
CrazyGamer02149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CrazyGamer02149
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts

because on any other game it takes a couple bullets to kill sum1.but on gaylo 3 it takes 1000 bullets.

ptownzdominikan

thats because your bad. and you dont know how to play. if you are goood. it takes 4 shots

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]

[QUOTE="bcjkdem"]Halo is very unrealistic. People like to just run around like crazy, because they know they will take 20 hits before they die. It doesn't put anywhere near as much emphisis on using cover/tactics as COD.bcjkdem

You have no clue what you are talking about. Just becasue you played against some guys that sucked and like to run out in the middle of the open doesn't mean that the ame takes no skill. I still am trying to make even a little bit of sense out of your reply...but I can't.

After 200 hours of playing it i saw that strategy used well over 70% of the time. Also i doubt they would be huge "newbs" when they played more than me and were on their 6th or higher prestige. Though prestige does not necessarily mean skill but it does mean that they have played a lot when they are that high. Of course not eveyone runs and guns but it is either that or camping for the majority of the people. I was one of the few people that didn't i mean yeah they were actually pretty good but they just seemed to run out infront of the enemy constantly.

They would mostly get like 30 kills and around 20 death which in my opinion is not very helpful. Sure i was normally around the 3rd highest but my K/D ratio was good which helped my team instead of the guys going 39 and 37. Of course COD4 takes skill i was talking about cover and tactics. The only time you see tactics are when you are playing with organized teams. Otherwise all you hear is ****,n-word,noob killed me *****,**** M16,and etc.

Though i mostly played TDM as hardcore was normally filled with team killers.