GoW vs. R6V (buy first)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

timbo0827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 147

User Lists: 0

#1 timbo0827
Member since 2006 • 1277 Posts
Which is better, longer, better for single player, and has higher replay value?

Also how long is each game for a normal difficulty level.
Avatar image for DrFeelgoodsTwin
DrFeelgoodsTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 DrFeelgoodsTwin
Member since 2006 • 220 Posts
If you are inot the single player get R6 thats got a long single player and i think much enjoyable story line and encourges you to see whast next. But Gears is also hella cool but normal is easy i mean the only hard part to GOW is the ending when you fight Gen Ramm. hard on that game was not evne that hard until the end, thast a lie its takes time but compared to R6 hard its nothing. R6 less thinking where GOW "A" its dose  every thing from  running, take cover, exit cover, jump roll, jump over cover. thats to much becasue sometimes you will be like hey i did not want to roll i wanted to run. Depends what your into. People tend to die ALOT slower in GOW then R6. But rainbow its all ablout head shots so if one shot hits you in the head of any gun you are dead. I love them both, but GOW is 2 player online. Go to game crazy and get which every one is used. i got R6 for 28 bucks at game crazy. Goo luck

Feelgood Out
360-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 360-king
Member since 2006 • 300 Posts

Gears of war is the best game out period. -until halo 3,mass effect and all the next string of games,but even then it will still be played heavily-its like a halo type game were it never gets old

rainbow six is just a cross platform game,and itll ware off soon

darkgamer17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 darkgamer17
Member since 2005 • 1039 Posts

Gears of war is the best game out period. -until halo 3,mass effect and all the next string of games,but even then it will still be played heavily-its like a halo type game were it never gets old

360-king

i agree with this guy
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts
PLEASE can somebody restrict themselves from involving Halo into EVERY topic of a shooting game? Its Gears of War and Rainbow Six Vegas, nothing to do with Halo. 
S0DA_POPINSKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 S0DA_POPINSKI
Member since 2006 • 1582 Posts
[QUOTE="360-king"]

darkgamer17

i agree with this guy

I disagree with both of you. Rainbow is a much more realistic game and much more hardcore though. Both are equally good buy both of them.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
[QUOTE="darkgamer17"][QUOTE="360-king"]

S0DA_POPINSKI

i agree with this guy

I disagree with both of you. Rainbow is a much more realistic game and much more hardcore though. Both are equally good buy both of them.

I agree with Mr. Popinski. Rainbow is a waaay more realistic game... but, IMO, a way better game than Gears Of War. The way I heard another poster put it described it best -- Gears is an "entry-level shooter", lol. It's those training pants you get when you're a big kid, but not big enough for underwear. So, TC, if you're not sitting on a Havana omelet right about now, go get yourself a copy of Rainbow Six Vegas. AIGHT?

Oh, and Soda Popinski, aren't you on xbox360achievements.org too? I never forget a Punch Out character! I still have nightmares about Super Macho Man flexing his pecs before the bell rings.

kyle_toker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kyle_toker
Member since 2004 • 4950 Posts
r6 is great online, gears is great offline... IMO r6 has a lot more replay value
choppa86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 choppa86
Member since 2003 • 274 Posts
Is there an online co-op for the story mode in R6? I just started playing it so I'm wondering if it's as fun as GOW's co-op?
monco59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#10 monco59
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts
Definately GoW. Vegas is a great game and all, but it can get seriously annoying at times. After I beat it, I've yet to touch it again...
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
buy Gears first. Then buy R6V. R6V is alittle more refined and realistic and tacticall.. They are both great
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
Both are great games, and at one time I owned both of them.  I sold Gears Of War and still have Rainbow Six Vegas.  Rainbow Six Vegas offline CO-OP has not only the campaign but the terrorist hunt missions as well which is a plus for me as I have friends over to play a lot.  Also,  I found the online multiplayer on Vegas much more compelling than that of Gears Of War.
FootballGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 FootballGamer
Member since 2003 • 5521 Posts
Vegas no contest.
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
I think Rainbow Six is a good game, but Gears is a step forward in gaming, if you want something really special get Gears.
HelpItPlease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HelpItPlease
Member since 2006 • 589 Posts

Is there an online co-op for the story mode in R6? I just started playing it so I'm wondering if it's as fun as GOW's co-op?choppa86

Yes. When you're online, you can play four player co-op. Go to custom match on the live screen and search for co-op story and there you have it.

RB is a way better game alla round. The single player is more thought out, the AI is a lot smarter, the controls are tighter and more intuative, the cover system is much better, and the online absolutely destroys every other game out there.

MDL54876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 MDL54876
Member since 2005 • 580 Posts
well, Gears has a much better multiplayer in my opinion, and I do like Tom Clancy games, so my opinion isnt slanted either. I do think Gears is a better game all around, though i've never played the R6V campaign. The Gears campaign is good, and has amazing graphics, though I don't know why u'd be interested in these 2 games just for single player, because for both I think multiplayer is better.

There are generally some shooters that have better multiplayer than campaign.
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Halo (even though the campaigns great too)
Gears of War
Rainbow 6 Vegas
I cant think of the others right now but u get my point...
LordFarquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LordFarquad
Member since 2003 • 1004 Posts
Gears has way better graphics and detail.  To me its funner and faster than crappy R6.  Go download the multiplayer demo and you'll see what i'm talking about.  There is nearly no teamwork, everyone just runs around either with the best machine gun or shotgun, and you go down in less than a second.  Plus you can never tell when the hell the frags are thrown, they are so fking annoying.

Get Gears.  Faster, clearer, more defined, overall better.

ps. halo
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
well, Gears has a much better multiplayer in my opinion, and I do like Tom Clancy games, so my opinion isnt slanted either. I do think Gears is a better game all around, though i've never played the R6V campaign. The Gears campaign is good, and has amazing graphics, though I don't know why u'd be interested in these 2 games just for single player, because for both I think multiplayer is better.

Gears of War
Rainbow 6 Vegas
MDL54876

You cant really say Gears is better all round if you havent even played the single player in Vegas.
MDL54876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MDL54876
Member since 2005 • 580 Posts
[QUOTE="MDL54876"]well, Gears has a much better multiplayer in my opinion, and I do like Tom Clancy games, so my opinion isnt slanted either. I do think Gears is a better game all around, though i've never played the R6V campaign. The Gears campaign is good, and has amazing graphics, though I don't know why u'd be interested in these 2 games just for single player, because for both I think multiplayer is better.

Gears of War
Rainbow 6 Vegas
V4LENT1NE

You cant really say Gears is better all round if you havent even played the single player in Vegas.

Thats true, but I do think Gears has better graphics, gameplay, and is a bit funner. Its not that I dont like strategical games, because I do love GRAW, but from what I play in the campaign on the demo for R6V, it didnt impress me too much. I also know that the Gears campaign was one of the better campaigns that I've played for the 360.
Impex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 Impex
Member since 2005 • 5532 Posts
I'm in this same predicament too... I've rented both, and I had a lot of fun with them. Gears looks absolutely amazing, and the SP was pretty fun, but I never had a chance to really try the multiplayer. RB6 was pretty cool too, but I got my butt kicked when I played online. I still don't know which to buy either. :?
Vance_009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Vance_009
Member since 2004 • 2005 Posts
Get GoW for SP and get R6V for Mp. but in the end get both.

mortalstakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mortalstakes
Member since 2006 • 2374 Posts

I loved both games. But I liked Gears just a little more.

To the person who asked about Rainbow's online coop - yes it is there but they completely cut out the storyline for some reason, its like objective based T-hunt instead of a campaign

Owned_Noob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Owned_Noob
Member since 2006 • 2136 Posts
r6 vegas
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
gears of war. the end.
Avatar image for baltimoreravens
baltimoreravens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 baltimoreravens
Member since 2005 • 476 Posts
this is just a horrible comparison. these are completely different games.
PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts

I loved both games. But I liked Gears just a little more.

To the person who asked about Rainbow's online coop - yes it is there but they completely cut out the storyline for some reason, its like objective based T-hunt instead of a campaign

mortalstakes
no you can do online co op too based exactly on the story and use your custom character its fun
RicanNerd189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RicanNerd189
Member since 2005 • 1053 Posts
I have both. I like R6V way more. R6V is a lot more tactical than GeOW is. GeOW has become a shotty "run and gun" game.
FootballGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FootballGamer
[QUOTE="darkgamer17"][QUOTE="360-king"]

S0DA_POPINSKI

i agree with this guy

Same hear, Vegas smokes that turtle fest they call gears all day.
FootballGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FootballGamer
Definately GoW. Vegas is a great game and all, but it can get seriously annoying at times. After I beat it, I've yet to touch it again...monco59

There is your problem, got play it online and youll never remember what gears was again.
FootballGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FootballGamer
Gears has way better graphics and detail. To me its funner and faster than crappy R6. Go download the multiplayer demo and you'll see what i'm talking about. There is nearly no teamwork, everyone just runs around either with the best machine gun or shotgun, and you go down in less than a second. Plus you can never tell when the hell the frags are thrown, they are so fking annoying.

Get Gears. Faster, clearer, more defined, overall better.

ps. halo
LordFarquad

So you are saying there is more teamwork in GOW than in Vegas?:lol:
FootballGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FootballGamer
Get GoW for SP and get R6V for Mp. but in the end get both.
Vance_009

Great post and I agree. The only thing I hated was how short Gow was and how easy it was on insane.
PantsOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 PantsOfFury
Member since 2005 • 414 Posts
Gears has way better graphics and detail. To me its funner and faster than crappy R6. Go download the multiplayer demo and you'll see what i'm talking about. There is nearly no teamwork, everyone just runs around either with the best machine gun or shotgun, and you go down in less than a second. Plus you can never tell when the hell the frags are thrown, they are so fking annoying.

Get Gears. Faster, clearer, more defined, overall better.

ps. halo
LordFarquad
From the way this guy talks you'd think he was describing Gears and not Rainbow Six... Rainbow Six is one of the few games on XBOX Live where skill decides your fate.
FootballGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FootballGamer
I have both. I like R6V way more. R6V is a lot more tactical than GeOW is. GeOW has become a shotty "run and gun" game. RicanNerd189

Dont forget that its fight for the sniper. No scoping the sniper really gets old quick too. I like how on Vegas its hard to do that they make you set up first before shooting. Its still possible on Vegas to no scope, but you must be pretty close.
Sakura321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sakura321
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts
GoW is good for a bit of fast paced fun and violence, it's something that you'll be done with after playing it every difficult. Even if your going to play it on versus matches... the enjoyment of those has been pretty much killed to be honest by that crappy patch, glitchers and children. To be honest, Strategy is slightly involved with GoW but there isn't much depth to the gameplay... specially when one button does about 70% of everything.

Rainbow Six: Vegas beats GoW in every aspect but it's not fair to compare. They're both shooters, yes. But GoW being the fast paced bit of fun, Vegas is the shooter that's got all the depth in the gameplay, the realism, it's a game you'll have to put a lot of thought, strategy and time into. Also the online play is far better, more modes and less annoying little kids.

I'd personally go for Vegas, but if your lookin for something fast paced and action packed go for GoW. Go for Vegas if you wanna go for strategy and depth :)
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
GoW is good for a bit of fast paced fun and violence, it's something that you'll be done with after playing it every difficult. Even if your going to play it on versus matches... the enjoyment of those has been pretty much killed to be honest by that crappy patch, glitchers and children. To be honest, Strategy is slightly involved with GoW but there isn't much depth to the gameplay... specially when one button does about 70% of everything.

Rainbow Six: Vegas beats GoW in every aspect but it's not fair to compare. They're both shooters, yes. But GoW being the fast paced bit of fun, Vegas is the shooter that's got all the depth in the gameplay, the realism, it's a game you'll have to put a lot of thought, strategy and time into. Also the online play is far better, more modes and less annoying little kids.

I'd personally go for Vegas, but if your lookin for something fast paced and action packed go for GoW. Go for Vegas if you wanna go for strategy and depth :)
Sakura321
not every aspect. i play on a big HD screen, Gears has better textures.
monco59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#36 monco59
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts
[QUOTE="monco59"]Definately GoW. Vegas is a great game and all, but it can get seriously annoying at times. After I beat it, I've yet to touch it again...FootballGamer

There is your problem, got play it online and youll never remember what gears was again.

Oh I've played plenty of Vegas multiplayer (and it is REALLY fun), but I'm more of a single player kinda guy.
vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts
Gears has a great co op but certain bits will annoy the **** out of you on the hardest difficulty. The online mode is total bollocks though, it sucks big time. RV6 is a great all rounder.  The cover system is better, ordering your team mates is better, the online multiplayer is a million times better, I've yet to see a 'cheap' kill in RV6 yet, whereas you get them every game in GOW with grenade taggers.