This topic is locked from further discussion.

buckcherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 buckcherry
Member since 2003 • 95 Posts

How can I stay up to date on the GOTY editions that come out for games? I dont have Xbox live, so I can't purchase DLC, so I rely on GOTY editions. or is there a current list of game that are out now? thanks very much

kit352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 kit352
Member since 2008 • 592 Posts
it seems that any game that has dlc will eventually have a goty edition or a greatest hits with most stuff in it. I wait for all new game purchases now because of it. i just assume itll have a goty edition about a year down the road.
Armidion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Armidion
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
If you're worried about staying up to date on what's out, just about every game out there has its own web page on the developer's site. I scoured a few just to see if they advertised their game of the year editions and every site I visited had a store or something that listed everything available for purchase. Or they would redirect you to another site where you could but their stuff. But sometimes the info can be a little hard to find if the website isn't designed so well. Also, you can create accounts with a lot of these sites and sign up for updates or follow them on facebook (if you have one). Like Elder Scrolls has the Elder Council and Bioware has their social community where you can opt in to email updates, etc. I'm not sure if email updates would include information about GOTY editions. If all else fails, you can just type the name of the game you're interested in on Amazon or some other store and see if a GOTY pops up. Hope that helps!
buckcherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 buckcherry

hey thanks alot guys, iappreciateit. here's hopeing dead rising 2 with code west, case zero and that new dlc willbe out, as well as fallout new vegas!

bessy67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bessy67
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts

How can I stay up to date on the GOTY editions that come out for games? I dont have Xbox live, so I can't purchase DLC, so I rely on GOTY editions. or is there a current list of game that are out now? thanks very much

buckcherry

You don't need an xbox live gold account to purhcase DLC, you just need broadband internet and to set up a free xbox live silver account. So as long as you have access to broadband, you can get dlc.

If you don't have that, I guess you'll just have to regularly check stores...

buckcherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 buckcherry

yeah man....beleive me you, dial-up sucks