Good horror thread?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ihavenonickname
ihavenonickname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ihavenonickname
Member since 2008 • 637 Posts

Already checked the recommendations sticky and couldn't find anything and wanted peoples opinion, whats a good horror game? Metro 2033 was a great horror game. Im trying condemned now and its not workingto well so what are some other good horror games?

SlayWayMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 SlayWayMore
Member since 2008 • 186 Posts

You could try the fear series, made by the same guys who made condemned. For older games i would try the Silent Hill series.

360s lacking some serious horror games, maybe theres more that went under the radar, but i havent seen much.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts
you've got Dead Space, Condemned 2 (I personally loved the first condemned also), the Fear games, Fatal Frame II is backwards compatible from the original Xbox, as is Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams, Bioshock had a very creepy atmosphere, but wasn't really scary, Alan Wake is more of a thriller than a horror game, but DEFINITELY worth checking out... the above poster is right though, there is definitely a lack of horror games this generation. Silent Hill: Homecoming is an option, but personally I didn't find it that scary, the gameplay is def sub par. Uhhhh.... Resident Evil 5 is out, but it's not scary AT ALL, despite being in the original horror series.
JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JuggaloRandall
Member since 2010 • 8213 Posts
Gears of War is pretty scary.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

There's no real horror game on the Xbox. You have games like Condemned and Dead Space which, are amazing games in their own right, that try to get that classic horror and tension, but ultimately fail.

dev1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dev1994
Member since 2009 • 616 Posts

Metro 2033,its fun and give you a bad dream.

me_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 me_rock
Member since 2004 • 2462 Posts

Bioshock is pretty good with atmosphere.

Avatar image for ihavenonickname
ihavenonickname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ihavenonickname
Member since 2008 • 637 Posts

I'll check out F.E.A.R. I hated bioshock and condemned was amazing. Do I need to play the original fear before fear 2?

natenation87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 natenation87
Member since 2007 • 264 Posts

I love Condemned 1&2, they have such a creepy atmosphere. I love the FEAR games too and Dead Space is good aswell.

I would play the first FEAR before FEAR 2. The first one is better but I still like the 2nd one though.

I want to play Alan Wake and I'm going to go back and play all the Resident Evil and Silent Hill games again. Aswell as the Fatal Frame and Siren series. (I love horror games)

You could do that too.

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Dead Space is by far my most favorite survival-horror video game to date. Although one would argue that it's a bit more action-oriented than your average SH-genre game. I beg to differ. What game nowadays isn't "action-oriented." Dead Space is one of those games that will have you on the edge of your seat from start to finish. I loved every second although sometimes, I wish I didn't have to go around that one corner!
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44432 Posts

Metro 2033 was good, Dead Space was my favorite survival horror thus far, Condemned 2 was also pretty enjoyable, I also really liked FEAR 2 which had some good scary moments

if you've a PS3 as well, Siren Blood Curse is also worth checking out, it's download only in the United States but think it's on retail abroad