Going to buy a 360 what do I need to know

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wiiguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wiiguy13
Member since 2007 • 98 Posts
I am going to buy a premium 360 and I wanted to know should I wait for jasper or is the rrod already fixed with falcon. Also is thewre going to be a price drop soon?
Aerosmith_Lova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Aerosmith_Lova
Member since 2006 • 684 Posts

with current xbox 360's on sail, failure rate is down. And there is a 3 year warranty in case.

Not sure if there will be any price drops soon

Know what games you wanna buy, and get live if you can, it's one of the best things about the 360 aside from its games.

Enjoy your 360

gameroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 gameroz
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
if you get a RROD just call up Microsoft and they will give you another xbox for free since you have a 3 year warranty plus free 1 month xbox live and the price will drop on this years christmas
Airsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Airsoul
Member since 2005 • 3155 Posts
U need to know what games are worth buying. Also Live is great, if you play like to play online. Price drop not gonna happen. They recently dropped $50 off on the premium and elite systems, and $20 off for the Arcade systems. BTW $349 for the premium, is a great deal.
Ravi_1900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Ravi_1900
Member since 2006 • 977 Posts
Price drop could be there they have done it in EU so why not US or anywhere else, but yeha for sure no one knows when the price drop will actually happen.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 TheGreatGuero
Member since 2004 • 651 Posts
Jasper? The code name for the new model of 360s is Jasper? That's hilarious.
Armed_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Armed_psycho
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Hi Im also planning on getting a 360 in like a month or so and I have a few questions of my own. 1stly which 360 should I get if I want to play original X-box games and I would also prefer to have a 20gig Hard Drive but my last question is will a 360 work properly on a standard non HDTV. If anyone can give me there opinion it would be very helpful. Thanks
MuscleCarMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#8 MuscleCarMan
Member since 2004 • 796 Posts

Hi Im also planning on getting a 360 in like a month or so and I have a few questions of my own. 1stly which 360 should I get if I want to play original X-box games and I would also prefer to have a 20gig Hard Drive but my last question is will a 360 work properly on a standard non HDTV. If anyone can give me there opinion it would be very helpful. ThanksArmed_psycho

1. any type would be fine i think you just download a patch over live

2. HD is a must if you plan to use live a lot.

3. Im using the same TV from when my dad bought me my sega genesis in 1991 and it plays just fine. Just keep in mind it obviously wont look nearly as good as a HDTV.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Purchase it at Bestbuy and buy their warranty. Now, you will have a piece of mind. Next, enjoy the awesome games on Xbox 360.

Armed_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Armed_psycho
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Thanks for that. Now I just need to save up 500 or so dollars to get a 360.
Gregoroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gregoroth
Member since 2005 • 2552 Posts
If the 'Jasper' is coming out in the foreseeable future, I'd wait. i presume that's the one using a 65nm GPU. Definitely worth waiting for. I personally haven't seen any statistics proving that the 'Falcon' 360 has reduced the RROD rate. It's all speculation. Unless anyone has a link for me?

Staying out of the refubishment process is a good move to make if you ask me.
Ravi_1900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Ravi_1900
Member since 2006 • 977 Posts

Thanks for that. Now I just need to save up 500 or so dollars to get a 360.Armed_psycho

500$?? hmm... yeah Games.

wildnine00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 wildnine00
Member since 2004 • 909 Posts

Buy your xbl memberships in yearly packages. No real need for the extended warranty, but it isn't a terrible idea. Get you some good games! That's not too tough, there's a ton of them out now. Give some strategy games a go.

edwise18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 edwise18
Member since 2008 • 1533 Posts
Yeah umm the falcons have pretty much resolved the issue of the RROD. The problem was never heat. Well it kind of was but inderectly. The heat produced inside the console would warp the motherboard causing the chips mainly the gpu chip to become disconnected from the heatsink therefore the gpu not being able to be cooled. But the new 360's come with much improved heatsinks and motherboards that wont warp due to heat. So as far as RROD I dont think people have to worry too much about it when deciding if they should buy one or not. And as far as waiting for the Jasper motherboards well you could. But the only difference between jasper and falcon is that the gpu on jasper is also shrunk down to 65nm. But this is mainly to bring down the cost of manufacturing the console. THe gpu will run cooler but like I said it was never really a heat problem. Well not directly anyway. So rest assured people. Go out and get a 360 they're pretty reliable now.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
What do you need to know? Place your 360 in a paper bag so that the box will be be visible to would be theives.