Going to be buying a 360 some time in the next 6 months or so.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

is0lati0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 is0lati0n
Member since 2007 • 920 Posts

Currently saving up to buy a 360 Elite and was wondering what my first game should be? I've already got CoD4, Assassin's Creed, and NBA 2K8 for PS3, so I don't need them for 360. I've already finished Halo 3 so I don't want to buy that. Any suggestions on what to buy?

El-Visitante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 El-Visitante
Member since 2007 • 1137 Posts
Definitely Mass Effect, Gears, Dead Rising, Bioshock, Forza or PGR 4, The Orange Box and too many more to list.
flowerbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 flowerbug
Member since 2008 • 247 Posts

Definitely Mass Effect, Gears, Dead Rising, Bioshock, Forza or PGR 4, The Orange Box and too many more to list.El-Visitante

loves you for saying dead rising.

Currently saving up to buy a 360 Elite and was wondering what my first game should be? I've already got CoD4, Assassin's Creed, and NBA 2K8 for PS3, so I don't need them for 360. I've already finished Halo 3 so I don't want to buy that. Any suggestions on what to buy?

is0lati0n

let me put it this way: dead rising was one of the main reasons i got a 360. i just beat it today and i am already starting up a new game and thats like an amazing event for me. also im not dissapointed at all! it lived upto the hype so much it went too damn far imo hell there were more zombies on screen than i got told there would be :D. so get it get it and get it first. also i got prey 1st and everyone hates it and i still cant tell why :S. fantastic graphics and awesome game play, strange story but overall fantastic game. i lent it to a friend so im waiting to get it back to replay it. either of those 2 :).

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 saolin323
Member since 2007 • 3121 Posts

is0lati0n
Mass Effect and Lost odyssey Bioshock and Gears 1 after those
El-Visitante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 El-Visitante

[QUOTE="El-Visitante"]Definitely Mass Effect, Gears, Dead Rising, Bioshock, Forza or PGR 4, The Orange Box and too many more to list.flowerbug

is0lati0n

let me put it this way: dead rising was one of the main reasons i got a 360. i just beat it today and i am already starting up a new game and thats like an amazing event for me. also im not dissapointed at all! it lived upto the hype so much it went too damn far imo hell there were more zombies on screen than i got told there would be :D. so get it get it and get it first. also i got prey 1st and everyone hates it and i still cant tell why :S. fantastic graphics and awesome game play, strange story but overall fantastic game. i lent it to a friend so im waiting to get it back to replay it. either of those 2 :).

I lovez you moar;) It's also the reason I got my 360, it is such a unique and enjoyable experience and it will never get old for me. You might also want to try Fight Night 3 or GRAW 2, oldies, but goodies. Stay awayy from saints row. I regreted spending the 13 dollars about 4 minutes into the game.

Avatar image for gearsofhalogeek
gearsofhalogeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 gearsofhalogeek
Member since 2007 • 1020 Posts

oblivion, gears 1, mass effect, lost odysee, call of duty 4, dead rising, orange box, any guitar hero, rock band and thats all i can think of right now

i was one of the ones that liked prey, although it got me sick a few times ( the devs were evil with that one box puzzle)

flowerbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 flowerbug
[QUOTE="flowerbug"]

[QUOTE="El-Visitante"]Definitely Mass Effect, Gears, Dead Rising, Bioshock, Forza or PGR 4, The Orange Box and too many more to list.El-Visitante

is0lati0n

I lovez you moar;) It's also the reason I got my 360, it is such a unique and enjoyable experience and it will never get old for me. You might also want to try Fight Night 3 or GRAW 2, oldies, but goodies. Stay awayy from saints row. I regreted spending the 13 dollars about 4 minutes into the game.

i know what could be boring about killing millions of zombies in a shopping mall :) i havent even searched through the whole of the underground carpark yet. i took a car down but it broke down and i was out of weapons so all i did was jump and heal than i ran out and got killed and i saved too far away. this time around im gonna do all the missions cause the 1st time was just getting used to it and to go nuts, 3rd time ill probably explore more of the mall. lol im already planning a 3rd time and believe me the only time i plan to replay something is a song so this game is as you said very unique. ill look into graw and fight night 3 though i hope fight night 3 has good replay cause most boxing games i have dont last long for me and i never touch them again.

saints row is bad? ive heard nothing but good :S

flowerbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 flowerbug

oblivion, gears 1, mass effect, lost odysee, call of duty 4, dead rising, orange box, any guitar hero, rock band and thats all i can think of right now

i was one of the ones that liked prey, although it got me sick a few times ( the devs were evil with that one box puzzle)

gearsofhalogeek

loves you also for saying prey and dead rising also lol

gearsofhalogeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gearsofhalogeek
[QUOTE="El-Visitante"][QUOTE="flowerbug"]

[QUOTE="El-Visitante"]Definitely Mass Effect, Gears, Dead Rising, Bioshock, Forza or PGR 4, The Orange Box and too many more to list.flowerbug

is0lati0n

i know what could be boring about killing millions of zombies in a shopping mall :) i havent even searched through the whole of the underground carpark yet. i took a car down but it broke down and i was out of weapons so all i did was jump and heal than i ran out and got killed and i saved too far away. this time around im gonna do all the missions cause the 1st time was just getting used to it and to go nuts, 3rd time ill probably explore more of the mall. lol im already planning a 3rd time and believe me the only time i plan to replay something is a song so this game is as you said very unique. ill look into graw and fight night 3 though i hope fight night 3 has good replay cause most boxing games i have dont last long for me and i never touch them again.

i didnt like saints row at all (GTA clone with a story that didnt interest me in the least)

i didnt like crackdown either

El-Visitante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 El-Visitante
[QUOTE="El-Visitante"][QUOTE="flowerbug"]

is0lati0n

Fight Night 3 was the first boxing game I've owned and I can't tell you how many nights me and my buds have spent boxing after a few drinks at the bar. It has some of the best graphics on the 360, the knockouts are awesome to watch and it's... just fun as hell. You won't regret this purchase at all. as for saints row, it felt really bleh to me. After playing GTA for so long I felt as if saints row was trying too hard. There are too many things wrong with this game for me to list.

Halochief_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 Halochief_101
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts
Get Skate, Oblivion, Mass Effect, Bioshock, and Condemed 2
flowerbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 flowerbug
[QUOTE="flowerbug"][QUOTE="El-Visitante"][QUOTE="flowerbug"]

[QUOTE="El-Visitante"]Definitely Mass Effect, Gears, Dead Rising, Bioshock, Forza or PGR 4, The Orange Box and too many more to list.El-Visitante

is0lati0n

Fight Night 3 was the first boxing game I've owned and I can't tell you how many nights me and my buds have spent boxing after a few drinks at the bar. It has some of the best graphics on the 360, the knockouts are awesome to watch and it's... just fun as hell. You won't regret this purchase at all. as for saints row, it felt really bleh to me. After playing GTA for so long I felt as if saints row was trying too hard. There are too many things wrong with this game for me to list.

thank god i didnt get it today than

flowerbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 flowerbug
should i get GRAW1 before 2 or wouldnt it matter either way?
gearsofhalogeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gearsofhalogeek

i also enjoyed the first condemned ( i think i was one of the few with this one)

and i never played graw 1 but bought graw 2 (it was ok, never got really into it)

msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#15 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

Crackdown, Dead Rising, Mass Effect, Oblivion, and Saint's Row are all great games to start with because they all last for a long time.

If you want a great shooter get Gears of War or Bioshock.

BTW to the poster above: I liked the first Condemned too.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#16 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
Please use the stickied game recommendation thread. Thanks.