This topic is locked from further discussion.

dannygn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dannygn
Member since 2006 • 50 Posts
halo 3 is coming out at $130. ha. where do people get off?
TheSmacK420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TheSmacK420
Member since 2003 • 926 Posts
halo 3 is coming out at $130. ha. where do people get off?dannygn
Correction, it's coming out at $130, $69.99, and $59.99...
dannygn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dannygn
damn i was wondering. $70 for a bunch of crap then I assume.
TheSmacK420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheSmacK420
damn i was wondering. $70 for a bunch of crap then I assume.dannygn
Yeah, its a lame master chief helmet and dvd set...... "Hey bro, sweet green BCD helmet...." God, I hope no one I knows buys it....I'll tease them for life......
NINJA65056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#5 NINJA65056
Member since 2003 • 764 Posts
You fools heres the pricey nerd package 129.99 http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200242 and her'es the regualar priced one almost everyones going to get 59.99 http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200240
dannygn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dannygn
Unbelievable that peeps would actually go for that. For a moment I thought just the game was $130 and I thought damn this one better be freaking good. What is this...dungeons and dragons? i should check gamefly to see if i can rent the helmet as well. ha. killer.
TheSmacK420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheSmacK420
[QUOTE="NINJA65056"]You fools heres the pricey nerd package 129.99 http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200242 and her'es the regualar priced one almost everyones going to get 59.99 http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200240

How are we fools? We know about the cheaper versions, I explained it above.....you should actually read before posting....
TheSmacK420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheSmacK420
Unbelievable that peeps would actually go for that. For a moment I thought just the game was $130 and I thought damn this one better be freaking good. What is this...dungeons and dragons? i should check gamefly to see if i can rent the helmet as well. ha. killer.dannygn
Ya, I mean I play Video games and post on the gamepot forum but, really....a friggin master chief helmet is goofy.... I'm just gonna look at the dudes buying the helmet at the store and say "Seriously, $130 bucks.....your 25 years old.......it a helmet....a fake helmet that doesn't even fit on your head......come on man.....just get the regular version and buy a second game.....you can do that and hopefully girls will still have sex with you.....maybe....."
NINJA65056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#9 NINJA65056
Member since 2003 • 764 Posts
[QUOTE="TheSmacK420"][QUOTE="NINJA65056"]You fools heres the pricey nerd package 129.99 http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200242 and her'es the regualar priced one almost everyones going to get 59.99 http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200240

How are we fools? We know about the cheaper versions, I explained it above.....you should actually read before posting....

forgive me TheSmacK420. But seeing these threads all day and all day yesterday is killing me. Anyone that believes that the price of Halo 3 is going to be 129.99 is very wrong. That is for a collector’s edition package
dannygn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dannygn
Ya, I mean I play Video games and post on the gamepot forum but, really....a friggin master chief helmet is goofy....

dude you're cracking up. funny. but the ultimate would be sex with a girl with the helmet on. WOW! But really. even $60 is a rip off. when are people going to wake up.
TheSmacK420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheSmacK420
[QUOTE="NINJA65056"][QUOTE="TheSmacK420"][QUOTE="NINJA65056"]You fools heres the pricey nerd package 129.99 http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200242 and her'es the regualar priced one almost everyones going to get 59.99 http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200240

forgive me TheSmacK420. But seeing these threads all day and all day yesterday is killing me. Anyone that believes that the price of Halo 3 is going to be 129.99 is very wrong. That is for a collector’s edition package

It's ok, man....Just read before you post, thats all....
TheSmacK420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheSmacK420
Ya, I mean I play Video games and post on the gamepot forum but, really....a friggin master chief helmet is goofy....dannygn
dude you're cracking up. funny. but the ultimate would be sex with a girl with the helmet on. WOW! But really. even $60 is a rip off. when are people going to wake up.

Yeah, I usually buy stuff a month after release and when they are used....it usually saves quite a bit of money.... If you can get a hot girl (I said hot) to have sex with you with a master chief helmet....you are my hero.....also you need to video tape it....that would be laughs for years.....you could also change your gamertag to "Sexy Chief"!
High_Fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 High_Fly
Member since 2003 • 2846 Posts
and 60
firebreathing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 firebreathing
Member since 2005 • 4619 Posts
Ya, I mean I play Video games and post on the gamepot forum but, really....a friggin master chief helmet is goofy....dannygn

haahahaha, you'd have to get a chick pretty drunk to do that >_>
TheSmacK420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheSmacK420
and 60High_Fly
This is funny....does no one read the posts after the first one? Yes, we all know the game has cheaper versions.....
baronOdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 baronOdoom
Member since 2006 • 1651 Posts

so.. your saying any 60$ game is a rip off?
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127536 Posts
[QUOTE="dannygn"]Ya, I mean I play Video games and post on the gamepot forum but, really....a friggin master chief helmet is goofy....firebreathing

haahahaha, you'd have to get a chick pretty drunk to do that >_>

Yeah and tus give you like 1000 achievements points :P
dannygn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dannygn
oh so getting that video tape is what this thread is really about huh? Ha. funny stuff. helmets and hot chicks aside though, I just got sick of paying so much for crappy games. I buy used too. but i'm kinda of a "wanna play it now" kinda guy though. so renting from gamefly has worked out really well. I get the games fresh off the boat and only spend a couple hundred bucks a year to play all the games one man can possible play while banging hot chicks wearing a green helmet.
TheSmacK420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheSmacK420
[QUOTE="dannygn"]oh so getting that video tape is what this thread is really about huh? Ha. funny stuff. helmets and hot chicks aside though, I just got sick of paying so much for crappy games. I buy used too. but i'm kinda of a "wanna play it now" kinda guy though. so renting from gamefly has worked out really well. I get the games fresh off the boat and only spend a couple hundred bucks a year to play all the games one man can possible play while banging hot chicks wearing a green helmet.

For sure, I just like buying em....but folks can save way more money renting them.... I usually don't buy the crappy ones....the demos on Xbox Live have helped me to not buy crappy games...
zeppelin6591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 zeppelin6591
Member since 2005 • 1332 Posts
even $60 is a rip off. when are people going to wake up.dannygn

One movie on DVD day of launch = $20 two hours plus one more looking at making-of. Halo 3 day of launch = $60. I am sure that the campaign will take the average gamer 10+ hours and the MP is worth another 10-100 depending on who is playing. Games are big business now, $50 isn't enough.
maxmax1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 maxmax1234
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts

thank god there's renting:D

dannygn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dannygn
it's the only way to go these days. party on! happy st. patty's.
jmssssns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jmssssns
Member since 2006 • 70 Posts

so.. your saying any 60$ game is a rip off?

$60 for some games is reasonable but for most it's a complete ripoff. how do you know unless you have played it. i'm just saying that renting makes sense over buying cause you can play first and then buy whatever you really like. for a discount too.

okill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 okill
Member since 2004 • 901 Posts
lol I thought the legendary set was pretty sweet, I would get it if I liked Halo more..... I guess that makes me "lame" but posting on a videogame forum would then make me what?...... cool? :?
The_Paladine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Paladine
Member since 2005 • 171 Posts
it costs like 10 cents to make a cd. and maybe a dollar for the case and manuals, covers. The rest is profit.
The_Paladine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_Paladine
Member since 2005 • 171 Posts
lol I thought the legendary set was pretty sweet, I would get it if I liked Halo more..... I guess that makes me "lame" but posting on a videogame forum would then make me what?...... cool? :?okill
I bought legendary, u guys are just cheap, Im 15 so dont call me 24, but its Halo 3, Finish the Fight u know. I gonna splurge a little. U guys are just tight with your money.
okill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 okill
Member since 2004 • 901 Posts
it costs like 10 cents to make a cd. and maybe a dollar for the case and manuals, covers. The rest is profit.The_Paladine
And you obviously know absolutely nothing about the videogame industry.
mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mrnitropb
Member since 2005 • 666 Posts
Ti would be one thing if the helmet fit, but aside from that, what else comes with it to justify its' $120 existance?
Unkind223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Unkind223
Member since 2006 • 390 Posts
X Button will be for a jet pack /cough
TheSmacK420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheSmacK420

[QUOTE="okill"]lol I thought the legendary set was pretty sweet, I would get it if I liked Halo more..... I guess that makes me "lame" but posting on a videogame forum would then make me what?...... cool? :?The_Paladine
I bought legendary, u guys are just cheap, Im 15 so dont call me 24, but its Halo 3, Finish the Fight u know. I gonna splurge a little. U guys are just tight with your money.

Dude, I just spend my money on things that are actually worthwhile....like my family and friends....not on a master chief helmet....basically the reason you can waste money is because your 15......when you get a life you tend to spend money on other things.....

But anyway, I was making fun of people who are 24 and buy this goofy crap....your 15, go buy it....have a ball....do it now why you can, cause when you get older and you spend a $100 bucks on a helmet replica....well....girls will no longer want to sleep with you.....you'll be in the dark cuddling your master chief helmet....alone....or with an ugly chick.....

So, as a fellow gamer....if I can teach you anything.....it's that games should be the least important thing in your life....you should play them for fun and talk about them for fun....don't take them serious or you'll sound like a freak....

Also, your almost 16....I would be saving up money for a car.....so you can go out and ya know....do something other than play games....

ss_713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ss_713
Member since 2006 • 838 Posts
I can't decide which version to get. Does anyone know how big the helmet is?
TheSmacK420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheSmacK420

lol I thought the legendary set was pretty sweet, I would get it if I liked Halo more..... I guess that makes me "lame" but posting on a videogame forum would then make me what?...... cool? :?okill

Nah....were all still "lame" for posting too....but no one except other dorks post on here so you can hide your forum posting dorkiness from the real world....

Plus, think this out....$120 could be spent on beer....you could then have a small gathering (seriously, invite girls and some of your moms hot friends) with the possible end result of having actual sex with a real live girl......it could be awesome....loads better than a helmet and a few DVDs.....

STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 STABW0UND
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
you get the hement so you can cosplay while sleeping with your girlfriend ROFL
twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#34 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
Thats retarded. I'm gonna get the 70$ version. Screw paying more. 60$ is alot anyways but i like halo so im gettin it for 70.
Avatar image for ChristopherRage
ChristopherRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ChristopherRage
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts
It's not like most of us aren't used to paying $60 right now. Pretty much every game worth buying is going to cost that much. What I find interesting is that when I went to put down money on my pre-order for Halo 3 the three versions they offered were, $59.99, $69.99, $99.99. There was no $129.99 price tag that some people were mentioning.
CaUs3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CaUs3
Member since 2006 • 2903 Posts
59.99 FTW
Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 Xshinobi
Member since 2003 • 3011 Posts
Some of us like the extras. I still happy I got the CE of Halo2 the bonus disc was awesome. So I will be getting the $130 Halo 3 set.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#38 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

Why do you think $60 is a rip off? I know some games suck but that was the same when games were $50 but now even if they suck they at least look good right... $60 is a lot but the games cost more to develop and for the most part they are better (better gameplay, graphics, more content, etc). Usually you don't pay the $60 unless you know you are going to like the game. That is why renting is so pimp because if you aren't sure on a certain game (like Def Jam Icon for me) you can rent it and see if it is worth buying. That only costs $7 and can save you $53 more if you don't like the game. So yeah, $60 is fine by me because for the most part the games are 10X better (Gears, Oblivion, Rainbow Six, GRAW, GRAW 2, the list goes on for days!!!). 

slayer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 slayer85
Member since 2006 • 926 Posts
expensive, lawl
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#40 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

It's not like most of us aren't used to paying $60 right now. Pretty much every game worth buying is going to cost that much. What I find interesting is that when I went to put down money on my pre-order for Halo 3 the three versions they offered were, $59.99, $69.99, $99.99. There was no $129.99 price tag that some people were mentioning.ChristopherRage

Have you read the reason why the price tag changed on that one? It was in the news on this site and IGN as well as teamxbox. I would suggest looking at that because most retailers just assumed what the price would be (I'm sure they did get some word but stuff happens sometimes in production that jacks the price up a bit). One of the spokesmen for Bungie gives a decent explaination so I would check it out if I were you.

http://www.xbox360.ign.com/articles/773/773675p1.html

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#41 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
im not even sure i'll buy the standard :| i may get it on a price drop