GHWT Vs Rock Band 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CallT0Arms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CallT0Arms
Member since 2008 • 111 Posts

Hey guys

Erm... 

Just wondering Witch is a better Game

I play the Drums So i would prefer the most realistic kit

Ok

Thanks

C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
RB2 in pretty much every category. Get the RB2 drums with 3 symbols.
RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts
Probably GHWT is more realistic, but I hear the equipment still has troubles.
CallT0Arms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CallT0Arms

Ahh ok thanks guys

I hear that the GHWT has like sensitivity issues

bored_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 173

#5 bored_gamer
Member since 2004 • 177 Posts

The real musicians are good to have in Guitar Hero and it wins by that and the drumset but Rock Band wins by setlist and online gameplay.

Rock Band: Online gameplay with drums, guitar, bass, vocals and band
Guitar Hero World Tour: online with drums, guitar, bass, band and no vocals

GHWT vocals are a bit harder than Rock Band's vocals.
GHWT drums expect you to activate star power by hitting the blue and yellow drums but the twist is that you have to hit them at a proper time so you won't break a combo
Rock Band drums gives you a little drum free****mode before you go into Overdrive

GHWT has a pretty cheesy pro-faceoff because you play against someone of another difficulty so it's not very fair if you play in expert and the opposing player plays easy, medium or hard.

Rock Band 2 wins.

CallT0Arms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CallT0Arms
Ahh ok thanks alot guys i have made my Decsion
wojopro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wojopro
Member since 2007 • 279 Posts

The real musicians are good to have in Guitar Hero and it wins by that and the drumset but Rock Band wins by setlist and online gameplay.

Rock Band: Online gameplay with drums, guitar, bass, vocals and band
Guitar Hero World Tour: online with drums, guitar, bass, band and no vocals

GHWT vocals are a bit harder than Rock Band's vocals.
GHWT drums expect you to activate star power by hitting the blue and yellow drums but the twist is that you have to hit them at a proper time so you won't break a combo
Rock Band drums gives you a little drum free****mode before you go into Overdrive

GHWT has a pretty cheesy pro-faceoff because you play against someone of another difficulty so it's not very fair if you play in expert and the opposing player plays easy, medium or hard.

Rock Band 2 wins.

bored_gamer
Wow, Great post! I dont see it much so I figured I had to give some props for it!
SmokieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SmokieX
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts
I like both games equally, but the interface for Rock Band 2 is better. I also like the GH:WT set list way more than Rock Band 2.
wojopro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wojopro
I like both games equally, but the interface for Rock Band 2 is better. I also like the GH:WT set list way more than Rock Band 2.SmokieX
I know it is an opinion and all but what puts the GH setlist above RB2? Most of the good songs on GH are on RB not too mention the DLC for RB is a lot more expansive.
CallT0Arms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CallT0Arms

Am i right in thinking that alot of the

Rock band Stuff is Metal

:S

Im not much of a metal fan 

DoctorSlimy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 DoctorSlimy
Member since 2008 • 54 Posts
I've played both... Guitar Hero is WAY better. On of my friends was totally convinced that Rock band 2 was way better. Then he rented Guitar Hero World Tour and said that Guitar Hero is better than Rock Band 2. About the cheesy proface off, it's just like the proface offs in Guitar hero 3. If you don't like The Guitar Hero World Tour setlist, you probably will ajust to it. It's not that bad once you actually listen to some of the songs. Guitar Hero World Tour also has great ideas for DLC too. The graphics are actually decently but, I have to admit that graphics goes to Rock Band 2. The gameplay in Guitar Hero World Tour is a lot more fun then Rock Band 2. The character customizaton isn't really complicated but, it wins really bad for Guitar Hero. Guitar Hero also has the music creator which is another great addition to the game. You will never have an end of songs to play with Guitar Hero wether it's DLC or other players songs or even your songs! The drums aren't as bad but, if they don't work they will send you a free USB-MIDI cable. After that you can ajust your drums on your PC. The guitar is a lot more realistic other than the touch pad. Rock bands is lower which is realistic. The drums are good if you have good sensetivity. The singing is harder in Guitar Hero World Tour which I don't like that much. The bass is so much more fun in Guitar Hero then in Rock Band because of the open strum note. Very hard bass lines in the game! Overall Guitar Hero is better then Rock Band (in my opinion). Well have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
wojopro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wojopro

Am i right in thinking that alot of the

Rock band Stuff is Metal

:S

Im not much of a metal fan 

CallT0Arms
There are quite a few songs that are metal but it is not the majority. There is quite a variety on the list. Granted most of the tracks is rock based but it should be expected since it is rock band.