GHIII Wireless or Wired?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dtortot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dtortot
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I am thinking about buying this game but, I have heard that people are expiriencing trouble with the Wireless guitar and not with the wired. But that is not my main concerns. My main concerns are:

1.- Whats the battery life of the wireless guitar and what type of batteries does it use?

2.- Is it uncomfortable to play/use the wired version or is there any other reason Wireless > Wired?

rockstar_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 rockstar_88
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
Someone asked this question earlier, but I think you're better off with the wireless. The battery life isn't great, and I've had mine run out of juice when it wasn't in use, but that's why I'd usually just opt out for rechargeable AA batteries. The wired controller is smaller and not nearly as comfortable as the wireless one, but there are some problems you'll have to deal with in exchange for the newer model. The buttons are responsive...at first. Usually once you start cracking at it, you can usually get them to start working in your favor. Another problem is the strum bar's sensitivity, especially when you strum upwards. You will need to learn how to upstrum if you're going to want to stand a chance on the much higher difficulties, so watch how hard you hit the strum upwards because it might register as being hit twice. They may have fixed this in the later models, but don't count on it. Lastly, the wireless controllers biggest problem is it's lack of motion-sensing responsiveness, which means more than 90% of the time, tilting your guitar upwards won't activate the star power. Someone earlier told me that pressing the back button functions just the same as tilting the controller, so you're going to have to teach yourself to "palm mute" onto the back button in order to activate it. In other words, while keeping your fingers on the strum bar, tap the palm of your hand onto the back button to activate star power. If you're left handed though, than you're out of luck, since the back button's placement was not designed for lefty's, so if you are one, you probably should just go get the X-Plorer controller.
Avatar image for deactivated-5abe674fae1f0
deactivated-5abe674fae1f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5abe674fae1f0
Member since 2004 • 42 Posts

I'm sorry if this sounds familiar from reading it elsewhere, but the wireless controller breaks easily. The connection where the neck plugs into the guitar is poor, and it causes malfunctions in the buttons. If you are serious about enjoying/getting good at GH3, you will need the wired controller. I have both, and I only use the wired one now because I quite often will miss notes when the buttons I am pressing do not register. How do I know? If you watch the "fret board" where the five colored buttons are on the screen, they light up when you press them. Sometimes the button is engaged but the light does not come on. Therefore, the controller is faulty. You will experience this problem.

On the other hand, if you plan on just having a good time and maybe inviting a friend to play with you, it is nice to have fewer wires on the floor.

dtortot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dtortot
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Thanks for your great posts, I was tilting to the wired controler before posting this, but wanted to be sure. Thanks again.
its_a_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 its_a_name
Member since 2008 • 664 Posts
Of course wireless is much better, sure it will kill your batteries faster than the 360 controller but it's better thann having your disk scratched up when you jerk the wire and 360 accidently.
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts

Of course wireless is much better, sure it will kill your batteries faster than the 360 controller but it's better thann having your disk scratched up when you jerk the wire and 360 accidently.its_a_name

first of all, the wire is really long.....second of all, its called break away cables, have you heard of them? It means they break AWAY from the system without actually moving the system......so unless your giving it all hell, it aint movin

TeH-ViTaMiN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TeH-ViTaMiN
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts

I'm sorry if this sounds familiar from reading it elsewhere, but the wireless controller breaks easily. The connection where the neck plugs into the guitar is poor, and it causes malfunctions in the buttons. If you are serious about enjoying/getting good at GH3, you will need the wired controller. I have both, and I only use the wired one now because I quite often will miss notes when the buttons I am pressing do not register. How do I know? If you watch the "fret board" where the five colored buttons are on the screen, they light up when you press them. Sometimes the button is engaged but the light does not come on. Therefore, the controller is faulty. You will experience this problem.

On the other hand, if you plan on just having a good time and maybe inviting a friend to play with you, it is nice to have fewer wires on the floor.

therealmandm6

It has a lock feature on the back.

Voila.

pittongkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 pittongkid
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts
Wireless for me, from easy to expert..0 problems as of now + no dangling wire.
aco512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 aco512
Member since 2006 • 555 Posts

there's a very slim chance my les paul will cut off during a chord

but if i'm going for the high score, i use my wired one