getting sick while playing fallout 3 and oblivion?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zaef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zaef
Member since 2006 • 272 Posts

i just bought fallout 3 last week, got about 10 hours played on the game. and i noticed one thing real quick, i get sick. it seems to be only these 2 games. i switch between first and third person view and it doesnt matter i always get sick. i have a 60 inch dlp tv and i sit about 10 feet away from it on a couch. anyone else experience this?

MrTorry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MrTorry
Member since 2009 • 146 Posts

I don't think I've experianced that ..

lecramstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lecramstar
Member since 2007 • 245 Posts

nope sorry, not here

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

18:45 hours in fallout 3 and still playing it, nothing bad happened to me while playing it :P

Great game by the way, once I'm done with it I'll get a copy of oblivion goty :D

pauldaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pauldaddy
Member since 2009 • 135 Posts

i get hell of sick playing bad company.

White_wolf_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 White_wolf_eye
Member since 2009 • 2886 Posts

Never experienced this at all.

snipeshot11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 snipeshot11
Member since 2007 • 1006 Posts

I get sick playing Orange Box, and I looked it up on google and a lot of people do. Aparantly it has something to due with a slight change of the POV when they ported it from Xbox...something along those lines.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
I doubt it has much to do with the game. You could have easily caught something last week.
TM_Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TM_Darkside
Member since 2007 • 3993 Posts

Fallout 3 doesn't make me sick, but I used to get sick as hell playing Twisted Metal games when I was younger.

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

i just bought fallout 3 last week, got about 10 hours played on the game. and i noticed one thing real quick, i get sick. it seems to be only these 2 games. i switch between first and third person view and it doesnt matter i always get sick. i have a 60 inch dlp tv and i sit about 10 feet away from it on a couch. anyone else experience this?

Zaef

No, I don't have that problem with Fallout 3...but aside from what you seem to be hearing here so far, a lot of people do.

If your enjoying Fallout 3 and want to keep playing...mabye try some Gravol? Something to alleviate motion sickness. Many people do that when traveling or for those who get car sick etc.

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

O-k...we're blaming games for illness now? well we're blaming them for violence, gun crime, family break up, phycological issues, the break down of society in general so we may as blame them for making us ill to :)

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

O-k...we're blaming games for illness now? well we're blaming them for violence, gun crime, family break up, phycological issues, the break down of society in general so we may as blame them for making us ill to :)

penpusher

You're joking, right?

MercifulKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MercifulKiller
Member since 2009 • 499 Posts
I cant say that has ever happened to me.
aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

- do you happen to be tired when this happens?

- do you play many hours a day?

- are you having a stressful life lately?

- do you lead a sedentary life?

- are you taking any meds?

Avatar image for RagnarokWarrior
RagnarokWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RagnarokWarrior
Member since 2009 • 97 Posts

I never get sick like that,but I belive thats just motion sickness. Whenever your surroundings look like they are moving while your in a stationary position, may cause sickness. Plus it does'nt help the fact that you play on a60 in. dlp:)

Zaef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zaef
Member since 2006 • 272 Posts
thank you everyone for posting, glad to see im not the only one who gets sick while playing some games. ill try to sit a bit back farther away from the tv, but im already pretty far for what my layout of the living room is giving. my view of the tv and the back wall is big enough that the tv doesnt take up all of my view.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts

I get sick playing Orange Box, and I looked it up on google and a lot of people do. Aparantly it has something to due with a slight change of the POV when they ported it from Xbox...something along those lines.

snipeshot11
Yup, same here. As much as I wanted to enjoy OB, and try to complete it I couldn't. Not if it involved me running to the bathroom to yak every 10 minutes of gameplay. Too bad for me! =o(
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
It doesn't affect me, but it does affect a friend of mine who is a games designer, and it comes on really quickly playing FPS games. Don't know what it is, but some people do get motion sick or something while playing certain games.
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
I get sick while playing Fallout 3.... sick of the constant freezing and framerate problems that have plagued the game since its release. As far as literally being sick though, no I haven't had that problem. 10 feet away from a 60 inch TV seems pretty close, so I'd say you should probably sit a little further from the TV.
deathtrooper31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 deathtrooper31
Member since 2007 • 705 Posts

18:45 hours in fallout 3 and still playing it, nothing bad happened to me while playing it :P

Great game by the way, once I'm done with it I'll get a copy of oblivion goty :D

_TheJoker_

And ppl wonder why their 360 red rings itself to death! :roll:

deathtrooper31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deathtrooper31
Member since 2007 • 705 Posts

_TheJoker_

And ppl wonder why their 360 red rings itself to death! :roll:

gooflee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gooflee
Member since 2005 • 652 Posts
thank you everyone for posting, glad to see im not the only one who gets sick while playing some games. ill try to sit a bit back farther away from the tv, but im already pretty far for what my layout of the living room is giving. my view of the tv and the back wall is big enough that the tv doesnt take up all of my view.Zaef
You may have to break up your play sessions, so that you don't play as long. Sitting further may not help, because you will be focusing so much on what is on the television (maybe even more because of possible loss of detail) that your brain may block everything else surrounding it. Some of the guys I work with can't play FPS because they get motion sickness, but they can play third-person. It really is up to each individual on what triggers motion sickness.
curlydezza85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 curlydezza85
Member since 2009 • 152 Posts

I've experience a little of this. I just got an HDTV and I started playing MW2 for a couple hours and notice I was getting a headache. I may have been sitting too close to the TV, not only that but I changed the settings to make the screen brighter because it looks so much better. I don't know if this caused my headache but I'm all good now.

Avatar image for TheMellowFellow
TheMellowFellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheMellowFellow
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Has never truly happened to me i manage to play it just fine.
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

Many people including myself and my wife get a sick feeling while playing some games. I believe it's simply motion sickness as stated, couple that with PoV and the flashing of lights or drastic contrasting of colors and it's bound to happen.

I also wonder if it has to do with the lighting in the room or the hunger in my stomach. Regardless I know many people with the same issues so i'd say it's quit common.. no worries.

Avatar image for Tezcatlipoca666
Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tezcatlipoca666
Member since 2006 • 7241 Posts

Fallout 3 definetly made me a little sick. I remember I couldn't get threw the game because everytime I would play I would get nauseous.

Oblivion didn't really affect me at all but I played that game on PC, not 360.

x-chump-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 x-chump-x
Member since 2008 • 542 Posts
I get sick while playing Fallout 3.... sick of the constant freezing and framerate problems that have plagued the game since its release.Doolz2024
Agreed. I was playing today and I got stuck in VATS. Even though I just had to backtrack like 10 minutes, stuff like this shouldn't be happening, it's 2010. But for the problem, I only get a headache when I sit too close to the screen, or if I watch E! channel..god so many flashing lights I just about die.
Guntrix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Guntrix7
Member since 2007 • 347 Posts

It's not the game :roll: It's called motion sickness.

I got it from a VERY short session of Modern Warfare 2 gameplay. I believe it's when the moving images on the screen tells your eyes that your moving, and your eyes sends that message to the brain. Your ears(or something in the ears, dont remember), is telling your brain that you're not moving, and that's ultimately what causes the "sickness."

My tips are: don't play too long, breaks (not half-assed 10 second breaks), sit farther from the television, don't glare at the tv and blink often.

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

You mean literally sick, like vomiting or nausea? Maybe the vast worlds,weapons,armors,skills and characters just completly blow your mind and induces sickness.

smithsont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 smithsont
Member since 2004 • 43 Posts

Most likely eye strain or motion sickness. Games that have that cinamatic/old film effect give me headaches....I had to turn it off in Mass Effect and it completely killed Fear 2 for me. Overkill on blur effects also gives me headaches, last game I came across like that was killzone 2.

Avatar image for Smokescreened84
Smokescreened84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 Smokescreened84
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts

I've never felt ill when playing Oblivion and Fallout 3, could be due to their slower pacing, but I have felt ill when playing faster paced FP games. I'm worried that I'll be throwing up when I get started on Mirror's Edge in a bit, hope not.

bigd575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

#32 bigd575
Member since 2008 • 6192 Posts
I've never gotten sick when playing a game.
LittleEnid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LittleEnid
Member since 2009 • 552 Posts

It's probably just motion sickness. I would get it sometimes playing those tunnel tracks on FZeroX on my N64. A lot of spinning going on. What's affecting you is probably something with how light is affecting your eyes. Like how people get car sick if they're reading/playing on something with light reflecting off of it while in a moving vehicle.

DJ_Redline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 DJ_Redline
Member since 2004 • 288 Posts

Off topic a little, but I threw up in the theatre near the end of the third Lord of the Rings movie. I just all of a sudden got dizzy, stood up and puked. Best day of my life!

MAZ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MAZ85
Member since 2007 • 1094 Posts
i got sick when i played oblivion for the first time , felt dizzy, i became tired , slept more that 12hrs a day ( i only played it like 1-2 hrs a day) , but that was on pc , i stopped playing it bur after few months i replaye it and it was ok ; i think what caused the sickness is that oblivion is the first real time rpg that i played , i mean the world was vast and the items were unlimited , too many npc , quest .............. and maybe i couldn't support that at that time , i was 16 ; now i'm nearly 19 and i have no game sickness