Getting achievements offline

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts

I recently got a 360 and I love it :D

Though other than games out for it, I haven't been doing much research on it, so this question may sound a bit noobish.

Is it possible to get achievements offline, then have them transferred to my Xbox Live account? Offline as in not logging into my Live account and using my offline profile.

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts
yes, as long as you use your same profile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
so I can only use one offline profile for on online profile or something? i'll only be needing one offline and online so if what you say is how it works, then I guess I'm fine here. thanks.
Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts
no, just use the same profile you use online when you are playing offline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
wouldn't i still need to actually log into xbox live? I'm talking about not connecting to Live at all
Avatar image for masterchief2512
masterchief2512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 masterchief2512
Member since 2005 • 1044 Posts

I don't have an answer, but I have a question. Why would you want to? If you don't plan on logging into live, why do you care if it has your achievement points on live?

Strictly out of curiousity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
well I only have one modem (in case someone else in the family wants to use the internet or something) and I find achievement points a bit amusing, though I'm just curious to see if this works.
Dabbagins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dabbagins
Member since 2007 • 1152 Posts

wouldn't i still need to actually log into xbox live? I'm talking about not connecting to Live at all
bulletsword

Yes you can play with your gamertag offline and get achievements. You do not have to be signed into xbox live to earn achievements from the games you play. But here is the scary part, if you never sign in with your offline profile to xbox live even with a silver account then microsoft will never have your updated profile information. Which means if something happens to your harddrive and hopefully nothing will ever happen then you will not be able to recover your gamertag onto a new console. Hope I didn't get too confusing. I'm talking about saving your achievements. Once you sign into xbox live microsoft will save your achievements for you automatically including your saved games, gamertag and gamerscore.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

[QUOTE="bulletsword"]wouldn't i still need to actually log into xbox live? I'm talking about not connecting to Live at all
Dabbagins

Yes you can play with your gamertag offline and get achievements. You do not have to be signed into xbox live to earn achievements from the games you play. But here is the scary part, if you never sign in with your offline profile to xbox live even with a silver account then microsoft will never have your updated profile information. Which means if something happens to your harddrive and hopefully nothing will ever happen then you will not be able to recover your gamertag onto a new console. Hope I didn't get too confusing. I'm talking about saving your achievements. Once you sign into xbox live microsoft will save your achievements for you automatically including your saved games, gamertag and gamerscore.

Alright. Thanks.

Dabbagins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dabbagins
Member since 2007 • 1152 Posts

I share a modem with my family as well, so I usually hook up the modem for like a minute sometimes to the 360 and sign into xbox live that way my achievements, saved games, etc will be safe with microsoft just incase my 360 decides to break on me, even though if it breaks and you have never connected to xbox live for microsoft to have your latest achievement information you don't have to worry cause everything is pretty much still on your harddrive so you can remove your harddrive and put it on a new 360. And use the same profile(gamertag) when you play offline and online, don't make lots of different profiles and confuse yourself with what games you've played with this profile and with that profile.

Aristowi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Aristowi
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts

Its good to know that achievements and gamerscore u have gotten offline automatically update next time u log in to xbox live, because sometimes i like to play offline to use my modem's full speed to download something else from emy PC (good thing my modem is mine and just mine, hehehe)

Avatar image for sweetlyanimated
sweetlyanimated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 sweetlyanimated
Member since 2007 • 95 Posts

[QUOTE="bulletsword"]wouldn't i still need to actually log into xbox live? I'm talking about not connecting to Live at all
Dabbagins

Thanks I'm a newbie to and you answered both of my questions. Add me guys on Xbox live MidNiteNinjaSpy

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
Please don't bump old threads.