Gears of War RTS...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cheddarbiscu1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cheddarbiscu1t
Member since 2008 • 82 Posts

imagine a gears rts! i just randomly thought of it the other day, there could be a cog campaign and a locust campaign... think of panning the camera back and seeing 20 hammer of dawn beams destroying a city, with all the cog troops and locust troops running around, and you could, for instance, order your shotgun crew to a certain spot and order them to defend it, and they would automatically take cover,etc, and then you could send guys with lancers to flank around and you could have them chainsawing guys. you could use cog vehicles like the car you drive in the first gears, and the derricks from gears 2, plus they could invent tons more. and as the locust you could open emergence holes, and have a hole group of brumacks running around. and you could zoom way in so you were focusing on one single unit, and watch them fighting, and it would be just as detailed as the real gears, and then you could zoom way out, and see this gigantic war being fought across the landscape, and it would be all about tactically positioning your soldiers and flanking and all that...

anyway, tell me what you think or if you can think of other stuff that could be in the game, or whatever else...

redmetalninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 redmetalninja
Member since 2008 • 300 Posts
im a sucker for RTS games so I would but it. But so far (or at least what ive seen) the COGs dont really have enough vehicles to compete with locust monsters (like the brumak and that spider thing)
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts
Ive never played a RTS game
XxG1GaR3XxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XxG1GaR3XxX
Member since 2008 • 143 Posts

Ive never played a RTS gamegta4_2112
There fun.

Gears of war RTS is a good idea but it would have to come on PC

cheddarbiscu1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cheddarbiscu1t

im a sucker for RTS games so I would but it. But so far (or at least what ive seen) the COGs dont really have enough vehicles to compete with locust monsters (like the brumak and that spider thing)redmetalninja

yeah i know but dude thats why i said they could make up tons of awesome new vehicles for the game to even it out, you know, like tank style vehicles and helicopters and planes, and like i dont know hum v type cars and all that.

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts

Ive never played an RTS game. I will play Halo Wars cause I think it looks good though.

But it would be pretty damn fun to see a bunch of chainsaws slicing through flesh at the same time xP

cheddarbiscu1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cheddarbiscu1t

[QUOTE="gta4_2112"]Ive never played a RTS gameXxG1GaR3XxX

There fun.

Gears of war RTS is a good idea but it would have to come on PC

of course, but 360 as well, you could cotrol camera with the right stick, and issue commands with the face buttons, triggers, etc.

gustavog117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 gustavog117
Member since 2006 • 831 Posts
Dude that would be awesome. I love RTS games, I have fallen in love with Red Alert and how you can play as the Good guys and bad guys and they have cutscenes. Imagine that in Gears, but maybe CGI, not real people. I agree they do need to have more vehicles to compete with Brumaks and the other enemies that make it look like a baby panda.
rob1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rob1101
Member since 2004 • 3435 Posts

Ive never played an RTS game. I will play Halo Wars cause I think it looks good though.

But it would be pretty damn fun to see a bunch of chainsaws slicing through flesh at the same time xP

Matt-4542

You guys never played RTS games!!! :( deprived children. Personally I don't think halo wars will be that good, consloe RTS are never that good anyways. Hopefully im wrong.

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts
[QUOTE="Matt-4542"]

rob1101

You guys never played RTS games!!! :( deprived children. Personally I don't think halo wars will be that good, consloe RTS are never that good anyways. Hopefully im wrong.

No, I just dont really care for them.
Raok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Raok
Member since 2008 • 928 Posts

That would be kinda cool.......

And now introducing.......Gears Of War Wars!!!

A new Epic game in the GOW franchise! But its a RTS game!!!

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts
While I admit that would be awesome, I don't think an RTS belongs in the Gears universe. First off, we know the COG and remaining human are outnumbered by literally billions of locust, so how that would work in an RTS would be interesting, considering it'd have to be over-the-top hard, or the locust would have to be greatly weakened.
zeriva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 zeriva
Member since 2007 • 4531 Posts
Well it happened with Halo, I don't see why it won't happen with Gears.
GOH47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GOH47
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Idon't like RTS very much.But the GOW is real real good,It's like to see a movie when paly it!!!
Quintinius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Quintinius
Member since 2006 • 1050 Posts

Ive never played a RTS gamegta4_2112

The slow pace may turn you off INITIALLY, but they're very fun once you can get to grips with them. I'd recommend getting Spore (for PC) and Tom Clancys EndWar (for Xbox 360) as introductions to it. Neither games are out but EndWar is very accesable due to simple combat and voice commands.

redmetalninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 redmetalninja
Member since 2008 • 300 Posts

[QUOTE="gta4_2112"]Ive never played a RTS gameQuintinius

The slow pace may turn you off INITIALLY, but they're very fun once you can get to grips with them. I'd recommend getting Spore (for PC) and Tom Clancys EndWar (for Xbox 360) as introductions to it. Neither games are out but EndWar is very accesable due to simple combat and voice commands.

not to flame but everyone is saying EndWar was made for the more casual gamers and not the hardcore (or at least familiar) RTS fans. I hear they have limited units and although voice command is nice shallow gameplay. But thats what other s are saying, somehwat i agree with them but I havent played the game so I cant say. If you want to get into RTS on consoles, C&C would be a good place to start.

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
Sounds like a bad idea to me.
cheddarbiscu1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cheddarbiscu1t

While I admit that would be awesome, I don't think an RTS belongs in the Gears universe. First off, we know the COG and remaining human are outnumbered by literally billions of locust, so how that would work in an RTS would be interesting, considering it'd have to be over-the-top hard, or the locust would have to be greatly weakened.jamejame

you're right, but i dont know maybe they could make it so that another planet (earth maybe?) came with backup or something they could make a way to have an even amount of guys on both sides. or they could make it as a prequel to the first game, with the first level being on E-Day, because at that time there were still a ton of humans left.

All that stuff could be figured out. the point is just to imagine a huge war where you were controlling a whole army, and the war just so happened to be in the gears universe, with chainsawing and crazy locust weoponry and new COG technology and vehicles!

you people who say you just dont like RTS games should just picture this. i mean, im not at all a RTS fan. I play cod4, gears, bioshock, and all the other great first person games. so im just saying expand your mind, and imagine actually playing the game i described, and if it doesnt sound at least somewhat exciting, you should check your pulse to make sure your still alive.

cheddarbiscu1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cheddarbiscu1t

Sounds like a bad idea to me.Englando_IV

yeah it would have to be made by someone who could get it spot on, otherwise i agree it could potentially be very lame if it was rushed or something.

cheddarbiscu1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cheddarbiscu1t

That would be kinda cool.......

And now introducing.......Gears Of War Wars!!!

A new Epic game in the GOW franchise! But its a RTS game!!!

Raok

hahaha well im not suggesting that it be called gears of war wars haha :D

hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hopesfall2own
Member since 2008 • 2714 Posts
Sounds like a bad idea to me.Englando_IV
cause you didn't think of it first? :roll:

A gears RTS would be great once the series is over ie Halo. It'd have to be a prequel as well, because there aren't many Cogs (so far), and RTSes need lots of soldiers :)
drumbreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 drumbreak1
Member since 2008 • 1316 Posts
epic fail
CrazyyyDylan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CrazyyyDylan
Member since 2007 • 726 Posts

Not a good idea at all a game like Gears would not translate well into an rts with the units and everything.

They shouldn't enter the market and let Relic keep on dominating.

CrazyyyDylan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CrazyyyDylan
Member since 2007 • 726 Posts

[QUOTE="gta4_2112"]Ive never played a RTS gameQuintinius

Spore as an rts are you joking?

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#25 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
well, I've never really been a true fan of RTS games, but I would totally buy that game.
cheddarbiscu1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cheddarbiscu1t

Not a good idea at all a game like Gears would not translate well into an rts with the units and everything.

They shouldn't enter the market and let Relic keep on dominating.

CrazyyyDylan

um well actually, yeah it would. it just wouldnt be the type of rts where you do the classic "go gather resources, now build your settlrment, now go explore!" it would be combat only and would focus on tactics and how you use your units, etc. as far as the units themselves not working, im not really sure what your talking about. for COG you could have the snipers in the carmine style suits, and the guys with shotguns, and the guys with lancers, and you could combine them or send one group in and have the other flank, plus all the cog vehicles of which they could invent more, and maybe you could control stranded as well...

and the locust? all im gonna say is, think of all the types of locust we know about so far, and imagine controlling them in an rts. a huge brumack runs out with a gunner on its back, and a huge cog tank starts shooting it in the face, and its picking up cogs and ripping them in half, and there are more guys further away shooting at it with lancers, and then you have a sniper pop off the head of the brumack rider, and the tank finally finishes it off, and it falls to the ground and remains there for the rest of the battle to be used as cover... and then over the hill emerge six more brumacks... and a few reinforcements arrive on your side.

and while all this was happening, simultaneously a huge emergence hole is opening somewhere else and you have to take care of thet at the same time... come on, guys! imagine this!

Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts
Although it might actually work, I don't want to see it happening. Gears shouldn't go down that Halo route, and stay true to its defined genre.
Iraqi_Gangster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Iraqi_Gangster
Member since 2008 • 503 Posts
Get your Brumakk units ready it is time for war!
grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#29 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
sorry, don't see it happening. Gears has been about a big conflict, you got that part down, but the way it executes the conflict, it focuses on a smaller group rather than the big picture. Gears is just about 4 guys who kill aliens, yes they are part of something bigger, but being that small slice of the war effort is what it's about, don't over expand it.
cheddarbiscu1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cheddarbiscu1t

sorry, don't see it happening. Gears has been about a big conflict, you got that part down, but the way it executes the conflict, it focuses on a smaller group rather than the big picture. Gears is just about 4 guys who kill aliens, yes they are part of something bigger, but being that small slice of the war effort is what it's about, don't over expand it.grafkhun

well if you had done any research on gears 2 you would know that they are expanding the story and doing all in their power to show the tremendous size of the conflict, and cliff blezinsky himself has remarked on how, while playing the game as marcus fenix, you can see other squads of Cogs in the distance and other things to make it feel like a bigger war.

cheddarbiscu1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cheddarbiscu1t

Although it might actually work, I don't want to see it happening. Gears shouldn't go down that Halo route, and stay true to its defined genre.Aaron89

im not implying that epic should say "oh we are cancelling gears of war 2 and any planned sequels, and we are going into development on an rts."

that would suck. lol. im just saying, after the series is done with, the rts could be cool. for one, it would be in epics best interest as it would bring in more money for the next project, and would also give players a new perspective on a series they have played and loved.

cheddarbiscu1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cheddarbiscu1t
i also will have a great laugh at all you people who are telling me im retarded and that its a terrible idea, when epic actually makes this game and you all say "wow that looks awesome im buying it."