Gears of War or Lost Planet: Extreme Condition?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dx_4_eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dx_4_eva
Member since 2005 • 257 Posts
topic
Pete5506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#2 Pete5506
Member since 2006 • 10112 Posts
I had alot better time with lost planet than I did with Gears but I would say get gears there is more people playing it, but I would like to say Lost Planet is better
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
Lost Planet all the way for me. I bought the 360 for Gears, and I was sorely disappointed. Aside from the gorgeous graphics, it seemed like a glorified game of hide-and-seek where you shoot the locust in the head 'till they're dead. (Or in some cases get a space laser to do it, same principle, though) Luckily the plethra of other games has made the purchase more than validated :) Lost Planet is the only 360 game I'm playing now, and it's been that way since I got it. The single player campaign was short, but longer than Gears'. I actually think Lost Planet looks better, myself, just because of it rendering the epic snowy landscapes and alien bugs on such a large scale. The multiplayer for gears was...meh...for me, even before the updates. It seems like one of two things would happen. A) I would get on a cruddy random team facing 4 people who had practiced strats and knew all the sploits and just rolled us. or B) Everyone on my team except me would disconnect at the start of the match, making it an unbalanced 1 v 4. The only benefit to that was that I was guaranteed one chainsaw kill before I was slaughtered. Lost Planet's MP can be difficult to get into at first. It's the kind of multiplayer that rocks if you're good at it and sucks if you're bad at it. The trick is to learn the nuances that give you an edge. (i.e. moving faster via short-grappling, learning the map layouts, etc). I feel that Lost Planet offers a superior experience at every level of review. The soundtrack in Lost Planet is high quality, and there were times while fighting 100-story Aliens that pants were nearly soiled. (metaphorically of course). Back to my original point, I say Lost Planet 100%.
StalwartXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 StalwartXX
Member since 2006 • 501 Posts
GeoW
jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jacksheets
Member since 2005 • 1747 Posts
Coke or Pepsi. It depends on personal taste. Try renting them, it's hard to say if one's better than the other considering they're quite different. Lost Planet and Gears of War have already been discussed enough on this board to make one's head spin, do we really need another topic like this?
DrStewie04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DrStewie04
Member since 2005 • 543 Posts

Gears of War:)

StalwartXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 StalwartXX
Member since 2006 • 501 Posts
Coke or Pepsi. It depends on personal taste. Try renting them, it's hard to say if one's better than the other considering they're quite different. Lost Planet and Gears of War have already been discussed enough on this board to make one's head spin, do we really need another topic like this?jacksheets
As long as there are more of the same threads I can A)Get an opinion across and B)up my post count for some seemingly futile yet worth-striving-for goal
AdaShofLiMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 AdaShofLiMe
Member since 2007 • 137 Posts
I played the LP demo, and i did not like it at all. Since there was a 3 year old screaming in my ear the entire time. Gears of War is more competitive to me, and all around a better game. Maybe not better looking, but a better game.
Avatar image for Millennium_King
Millennium_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Millennium_King
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts

Lost Planet all the way for me. I bought the 360 for Gears, and I was sorely disappointed. Aside from the gorgeous graphics, it seemed like a glorified game of hide-and-seek where you shoot the locust in the head 'till they're dead. (Or in some cases get a space laser to do it, same principle, though) Luckily the plethra of other games has made the purchase more than validated :) Lost Planet is the only 360 game I'm playing now, and it's been that way since I got it. The single player campaign was short, but longer than Gears'. I actually think Lost Planet looks better, myself, just because of it rendering the epic snowy landscapes and alien bugs on such a large scale. The multiplayer for gears was...meh...for me, even before the updates. It seems like one of two things would happen. A) I would get on a cruddy random team facing 4 people who had practiced strats and knew all the sploits and just rolled us. or B) Everyone on my team except me would disconnect at the start of the match, making it an unbalanced 1 v 4. The only benefit to that was that I was guaranteed one chainsaw kill before I was slaughtered. Lost Planet's MP can be difficult to get into at first. It's the kind of multiplayer that rocks if you're good at it and sucks if you're bad at it. The trick is to learn the nuances that give you an edge. (i.e. moving faster via short-grappling, learning the map layouts, etc). I feel that Lost Planet offers a superior experience at every level of review. The soundtrack in Lost Planet is high quality, and there were times while fighting 100-story Aliens that pants were nearly soiled. (metaphorically of course). Back to my original point, I say Lost Planet 100%.Staryoshi87

:?

bolt2448

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 bolt2448
Member since 2006 • 1152 Posts
GEARS GEARS GEARS GEARS
bolt2448

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bolt2448
Member since 2006 • 1152 Posts
Lost Planet all the way for me. I bought the 360 for Gears, and I was sorely disappointed. Aside from the gorgeous graphics, it seemed like a glorified game of hide-and-seek where you shoot the locust in the head 'till they're dead. (Or in some cases get a space laser to do it, same principle, though) Staryoshi87
um isnt that wat all shooters are pretty much like, u look for someone all the while watching ur own back then shoot someone till they die, thats what a shooter is
jamesgj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#12 jamesgj
Member since 2005 • 1190 Posts
GEARS!
TraXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TraXxX
Member since 2006 • 1820 Posts
These two games are two totally different games; they're not even comparable but if I were to choose one, I'de definetly go with Gears of War.
hiimcheech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hiimcheech
Member since 2006 • 113 Posts
i liked gears of war better
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Gears of War.

Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts
Gears of War. Lost Planet is a great game, but Gears is the killer app for 360 now. Gears may seem simplistic at first, but it is truly a new gaming experience. The active reloading makes reloading fun for the first time in history. The cover system is also great in that you really need to manage cover in order to survive. Blind shooting is also critical and must be used when under cover. Lost Planet is beautiful and it has cool mechs. The art design is great as the Akrid really look like real creatures.
Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts
[QUOTE="Staryoshi87"]Lost Planet all the way for me. I bought the 360 for Gears, and I was sorely disappointed. Aside from the gorgeous graphics, it seemed like a glorified game of hide-and-seek where you shoot the locust in the head 'till they're dead. (Or in some cases get a space laser to do it, same principle, though) bolt2448
um isnt that wat all shooters are pretty much like, u look for someone all the while watching ur own back then shoot someone till they die, thats what a shooter is

Gears of War is the first shooter that requires good commumnication in order to win. You had some communication in Halo 2, but you must talk to your team in Gears in order to win.
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
Lost Planet!!!! Excellent, amazing game. New maps coming out soon, too!
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts

[QUOTE="Staryoshi87"]Lost Planet all the way for me. I bought the 360 for Gears, and I was sorely disappointed. Aside from the gorgeous graphics, it seemed like a glorified game of hide-and-seek where you shoot the locust in the head 'till they're dead. (Or in some cases get a space laser to do it, same principle, though) bolt2448

Usually multiple headshots are not not required. Also, everything about it is linear and predictable, from the way you kill enemies to the storyline itself. All Gears proves is that steroids in sports need to go =P

Also, I'd prefer if you quoted me in my entirety, so the people to come don't misenterpret what I have to say.

Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
gears
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
Personally I like GoW better (on and offline) but thats just me.
JLei2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JLei2k
Member since 2007 • 817 Posts
Gears in every category other than vehicles.
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts
To the topic creator: Is this question based on getting one game now and then the other later? Because you'd be a darn fool not to play one of these games. If you are planning on playing both at some point I'd say get Gears. Lost Planet is sweet and I still need to finish it, but Gears had me at GO.
Metalnoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Metalnoid
Member since 2006 • 1314 Posts

Coke or Pepsi. It depends on personal taste. Try renting them, it's hard to say if one's better than the other considering they're quite different. Lost Planet and Gears of War have already been discussed enough on this board to make one's head spin, do we really need another topic like this?jacksheets

This isnt like that, in this case we know that both games are so good. You must get both games, if only you can buy one, buy Gears of War first and start saving for Lost Planet. And in the other case "Always Coca-Cola"
StylinLancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 StylinLancer
Member since 2007 • 68 Posts
I have to say Gears as of now. I haven’t personally played Lost Planet but heard it wasn’t great.
BlackdogGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BlackdogGT
Member since 2003 • 172 Posts
Indeed, it's all a matter of taste. Personally, if I were in this situation, I'd simply buy both. They're completely different experiences, and they're both fantastic games. That's pretty much my criteria for a library-worthy title. Despite having an absolute blast through and through with Gears, I HAVE to give the multiplayer championship belt to Lost Planet. I don't think I've ever been as addicted to a multiplayer experience since subscribing to Xbox Live. Halo 2 is undeniably brilliant, and Gears is fun, but Lost Planet reminds me of when I was young. If you've ever played war in your backyard with your friends, you'll understand my comparison. The majority of the maps are creative and robust, the weapons are fairly balanced (with the exception of the homing laser..), I like the characters and the skins, and most of all, the leveling system. The leveling system is what separates Lost Planet from Gears, and completely pulled me away from the deathmatch aspects. It drives you to excel. You WANT to reach those hallmark levels for the new characters and skins. And despite the fact that LP's deathmatch is weak, team deathmatch is some of the most fun I've ever had with other people online. There's simply too much of a difference between Gears and LP's single player campaign to judge one over the other. But for my online time, Lost Planet is head and shoulders above Gears.
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
Gears of War. Lost Planet was really frustrating for me.
monco59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#28 monco59
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts
BOTH!
ArcTrooper3827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 ArcTrooper3827
Member since 2005 • 751 Posts
Gears..
DAN845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DAN845
Member since 2005 • 74 Posts
gears of war all the way
Hellcanwait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#31 Hellcanwait
Member since 2005 • 871 Posts
Both games are brilliant, but lost planet is better online. 
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
both but if i HAD to shoose.... hmm.. gears is better overall... but also more of the same.. Lost Panet has more variety
metal_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 metal_assassin
Member since 2005 • 134 Posts
get both
camian69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 camian69
Member since 2006 • 583 Posts
get both............they both have good and bad points.........they are both great and not so great...........in the end, both offer some very different, awesome gaming goodness, that is what it is about.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
be sure to get both
zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts
gears of war all the way
RightOn44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 RightOn44
Member since 2005 • 893 Posts
Gears of War is the superior game opinion or not.  Some people might like LP better but overall you haven't seen it get one rating higher then Gears and it didn't sell nearly as many copies.  That would be your best bet but why don't you rent them both and decide.  Personally I think if you have a 360 with online you should have to own Gears of War just like Halo 2 was a must own for the first Xbox!
friskynjah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 friskynjah
Member since 2007 • 75 Posts
gonna have to go with gears of war on this allthough lost planet also looks realy good