Gears of War 4 is getting close !!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

The grittiest and most mature series of the Xbox catalogue is soon upon us folks! .....I don't know, maybe all the social media hype is getting to me....I enjoyed all the previous Gears games including Ultimate , I think the core gameplay is still fun and holds up well. The Gears 4 beta was decent, I liked the new moves such as the one where you pull the person behind cover towards you.

Horde 3.0 looks fun I can't wait to try that, and so far from what I have seen of the campaign it looks enjoyable to me. I know the dev doesn't have that many games under their belt, and in the world of creativity anything is possible....nonetheless I'm feeling optimistic about this game from what I've seen so far and I gotta say the hype is slowly starting to get to me, I just want to know how the game turns out! Anyone else starting to feel the anticipation more?? So close now....

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Alucard_Prime: Not me, i tried the first game, i completed the campaign, and played MP and i just didn't like it no matter how hard i tried. I even went back to it years later and the frustration was still there.

Hopefully it turns out to be everything as exciting as your hype for it :)

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Oh yeah, new console, new controllers.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56039 Posts

Day one baby on Windows 10 and will play the Xbox One at some point since I get that for free!

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Alucard_Prime

@raugutcon: just curious what are you playing first? Campaign, Horde, or Multiplayer? ....I've been playing a lot of competitive multiplayer in some of my other games, so for Gears I think I'll start with the campaign first. After that I'll probably be playing a bit of everything though.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 raugutcon

@Alucard_Prime said:

@raugutcon: just curious what are you playing first? Campaign, Horde, or Multiplayer? ....I've been playing a lot of competitive multiplayer in some of my other games, so for Gears I think I'll start with the campaign first. After that I'll probably be playing a bit of everything though.

A mix of campaign and MP ( like 40-60 ), call me crazy but campaign is something I like to play a little bit at a time for the game to last me more ( I usually play campaigns first in normal difficulty and upscale from there ). You have no idea how much I have enjoyed playing GUE campaign, actually I haven´t finished it yet but I have played a lot of MP, it´s like fast food, good enough for a "quickie", while the campaign is something I like to play more thoroughly.

KK_Slider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By KK_Slider
Member since 2016 • 62 Posts

My favorite Xbox franchise. So excited!

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#8 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@Alucard_Prime:

4 Gear of War games already. I'm sure this one will be great too but it's hard to get hyped after so much already done.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I'm definitely going to play the campaign at some point... but I'm still trying to decide whether to play Gears first, or Mafia 3. Decisions, decisions.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Alucard_Prime

@hrt_rulz01: Mafia 3 later looks amazing

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

@hrt_rulz01: Mafia 3 later looks amazing

I'll probably go Gears first... I'm a little sick of the whole open-world formula atm.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I played the first Gears but I did not like it one little bit so I won't be getting the new Gears game but I might pick it up when it drops in price, I'm more pumped for Mafia 3 I love the 60's and 70's setting and the over the top violence is brutal just what momma ordered.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Alucard_Prime

@raugutcon: yeah I know what you mean I don't like rushing through the campaigns either, this one looks fun from what I've seen so far so I'll definitely take my time with it. I think I'll jump into Horde afterwards, normally I used play Execution but with UE I played King of the Hill more and I feel I'm more in the mood for some co-op action these days before I get a little more serious in the competitive modes.

I'm a huge fan of coop PVE modes in general and I think Gears does this aspect very well with some of its modes, just saw the horde trailer again earlier and I'm so stoked to play it, love that tower defense stuff too. I thought The Division would satisfy my 3rd person shooter needs nicely, but after playing it for a while I slowly lost interest. Looking forward to seeing how they updated Gears with this release!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

No doubt. The Gears core gameplay is strong enough for me to find judgement fun so I'm very excited for this. The Horde 3.0 is what sold me as I have friends and a squad ready to go! I hope the campaign is worthy to the first 3 but won't care if it's not.

Mahardy reviewed the Ultimate and gave it 7.0 I laugh at this because the graphics, cut scenes and mp were given an overhaul but a game like Journey gets a mere up res and it goes from 9-10. I don't expect great scores for this game. It's just an uphill battle for MS

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cainetao11

Just curious. Anyone else pony up so they could play on October 7th?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cainetao11

@killered3: 4 Gear of War games already. I'm sure this one will be great too but it's hard to get hyped after so much already done"

LOL the franchise is older than Uncharted and same amount of games. Well you must be sick of Halo, Forza, God of War, Uncharted and Ratchet and clank then.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Alucard_Prime

@cainetao11: I hope it turns out well! This is the first full new release on XOne this Gen and the first Gears to push E-sports as much. I love playing competitively online and so that was my main draw for this game initially, along with the other usual Gears stuff.

But I also really enjoy PVE and they appear to have this covered here as well with Horde 3((initially it was not even for sure that mode would be in there) and I like the vibe of the campaign from what I've seen so far. This might actually be the Gears game which has me the most excited as I was already feeling the fatigue between Gears 3 and Judgement, but this game seems far more appealing to me and I'm stoked to see how it will turn out. Also most games these days cater to all ages, and that's fine I'm not very picky about that and gameplay is the most important thing for me.....but its nice to get a game like this one, once in a while, that is for mature audiences only.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I will get this on windows 10, does it support cross play with Xbox 1.

Would love to play it co op.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cainetao11

@Alucard_Prime: Fair enough. If you want to jump into some Horde 3, pm me for gamer tag.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nepu7supastar7

@cainetao11:

Sick of Halo? Never!

Sick of Uncharted? Yes.

Sick of Forza? Tired of racing altogether.

Sick of God of War? Absolutely.

Sick of Ratchet and Clank? Definitely.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cainetao11

@killered3: My point was, 5 games in ten years isn't all that much in today's industry.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cainetao11

@thehig1: Co op yes, competitive no.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nepu7supastar7

@cainetao11:

True. I dunno why but I got kinda tired of Gears of War faster than Halo. Guess it's just that it has too many clones out there trying to do the same thing.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cainetao11

@killered3: Could be. Nothing seems as satisfying as wall bouncing nor the weapons punch of Gears Imo. I played the demo for 4 and it moved smooth, fast and really sold me. I wasn't all that in on the campaign but demo and Horde 3.0 made me jump on it.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@cainetao11: that's good enough for me looking forward to it now

TurboGraphix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TurboGraphix
Member since 2005 • 502 Posts

So damn hype. This series was the reason I'm became a Xbox fan. I've put over 300 hours into each entry, yes even Judgement. Gears 4 has me worried with all the new guns and mechanics (I prefer the simplicity of the first entry). However, It's still Gears, new graphics, continuing the story and not a crappy reboot. Midnight launch purchase for me,

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Alucard_Prime

@TurboGraphix: I know what you mean, I also like some simplicity because sometimes devs I feel like they try to add so much stuff, to impress us.....but I've always been a quality first, quantity second kind of person. And it's a cover-based shooter, it has to be responsive and not too complicated as this game focuses more on white-knuckle action! Only a few more days now!

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 raugutcon

@TurboGraphix: the new executions are just awsome.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#29 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

I am ready, I really enjoyed the original trilogy and the Ultimate edition ( I completed Judgement but I barely remember much about it) I preordered the game and will have the day off to play a bit of everything.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

Never cared much for GoW.

OneBallBillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By OneBallBillie
Member since 2016 • 0 Posts

I am getting gears 4 on the 7th.....want to team up with people......

Add me my gt is One Ball Billie....can't wait!!!!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cainetao11

@raugutcon: the new executions are just awsome"

I made a point of not watching anything so I haven't seen them. Pretty good looking?

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#34 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

I haven't seen anything either @cainetao11 I just want to be surprised by everything.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 raugutcon

@cainetao11: blood, guts, bloody parts flying everywhere. Sample:

Loading Video...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cainetao11

@doubalfa: same. I didn't watch the prologue either. Probably won't get into campaign until Saturday. Horde 3.0 will be first baby!!

@oneballbillie: Will do. I'll be on at 12 AM EST

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cainetao11

@Alucard_Prime said:

@TurboGraphix: I know what you mean, I also like some simplicity because sometimes devs I feel like they try to add so much stuff, to impress us.....but I've always been a quality first, quantity second kind of person. And it's a cover-based shooter, it has to be responsive and not too complicated as this game focuses more on white-knuckle action! Only a few more days now!

Well said. And after four hours the Coalition are up to it. Controls are tight and fluid. It moves a bit faster than the original Gears imo. The new additions of mantle and kick or grabbing over cover are well done and balanced. I got caught over extending in Horde twice when I reached for an enemy and they just cut me to pieces. Horde needs a team with mics to be successful. A couple of dudes didn't have mics on my team and level 10 is as far as we got. Shit gets tough, but its fun. Best TPS as far as weapon feel, mechanics that I've played. Uncharted 4 is a game that does so many things well and it adds up to an amazing game, but it isn't better than Recore at platforming, and it isn't better at TPS cover based firefights than Gears 4 imo. Uncharted 4 is basically just a better all round SP package so far.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Alucard_Prime

I'm quite happy with the game, played some campaign and social mp. Gameplay is rock solid, cool overall feel and music....so tired now, one last workday left

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 raugutcon

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy !!!! Just a few hours more and I'm gonna pick my new stuff, Xmas is early fellas !

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Alucard_Prime

@raugutcon: cool cool, I set up mine and all went well. I like the custom power on sound, it's the Gears 4 theme and not some weapon sound effect. My only gripe is that I like Kinect so I used the kinect adapter, and the adapter is quite bulky. Otherwise you should be pleased with the console size it's incredibly small. Also I noticed a boot up from full shut down is much faster now. Good luck with yours!

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Looking forward to it. I got the normal version so still have to wait a few days but I'm pretty excited to pick it up.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#43 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

I got the normal version too hit me up on live if you want to play come release.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 cainetao11

GAME IS AWESOME!!!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'll probably pick it up when it hits the bargain bin.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Alucard_Prime

Played it nonstop this weekend....my oh my, so much fun. I kept switching between a few rounds of mp, horde, and sp. Had a blast with each. This game is ridiculously over the top, could be my favorite Gears game yet because the gameplay feels more refined and the new moves are awesome. Plays like a dream online.

TurboGraphix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TurboGraphix
Member since 2005 • 502 Posts

@Alucard_Prime: Hey dude, what's your GT? I'm definitely looking for horde team mates.

I played it and so far I love it but the problem from UE stands in this one, the damn inconsistent servers. One minute I can point blank someone, and get nothing but grunts from the character. The other minute, one shot kills them. It's very frustrating because it makes it feel pointless to play in that sense at times. It blows my mind this problem still exists but besides that this game is pretty damn fun.

Campaign is outta this world, that motorcycle part man! Pure awesomeness.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Alucard_Prime

@TurboGraphix: sure I'll pm you. Interesting that you say that because I've had zero issues with servers, it's been amazing for me even smoother than Halo 5 I would say in terms of server stability. One thing I can suggest to you is go into options and see what server you are connected to.....for me it's US East and the ping is around 20.