Gears of War 3s 5 Must Fixes (multiplayer)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ice_man_1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Ice_man_1985
Member since 2005 • 4700 Posts

For the future installment of Gears of War, Tony begs Epic to fix the following.April 9, 2010 | 1:54 PM PST

by:Tony DaSilva

The Fact:

Gears of War 3will be out in April 2011.

The Problem: Epic has had major issues with the multiplayer inGear'sgames. So much so, that many hardcore fans have quit playing due to sheer frustration.

The Solution: (See below)

5. Excessive Damage of Mortar and Frags

It's great if you're the one placing the Frag or launching the Mortar, but for the rest of us, exploding if we're anywhere near either of them just sucks. There's been numerous times where I've been underneath a rooftop, overhang, or in cover, when the Mortar "somehow" kills me. The Mortar allows ammo to be launched vertically, and when it's peaked, descends downward to the ground, killing anything within its vicinity. The problem is "anything in its vicinity" doesn't mean "death to players smart enough to take cover underneath structures."

Frags are just too potent as well; especially if you're playing on a smaller map. In these circumstances the match becomes dominated by them. Walls are tagged constantly and consistently, to the point where every corner you try and scramble around turns you into bloody slop. Turning down the Frag damage on these suckers could greatly enhance the strategy of the gunplay, and stop those annoying Frag campers. You know who you are.

4. Fix the Match Leaving Penalty

The plethora of updates Epic has put out forGears 2also holds with it the match leaving penalty. A deduction of 1,500 points is displayed when you finish your next match after leaving. The reason is obviously to deter players from entering matches and leaving for whatever reason; whether it's getting slaughtered by the opposing team, not liking the map that was chosen, or just mom calling the boys in for some fish sticks. With this cute little update though, aggravation has ensued. Players leaving lag-delayed-unplayable-matches are penalized and give them one choice to avoid it: wait around for 20 minutes until the match is over by hiding somewhere in the map (usually at a spawn). This way they "technically" are still in the game and won't get the point deduction. Furthermore, this causes the team they are on an almost definite loss, not allowing a bot to take the place of the player that's shamefully hiding.

3. Cheating (Lag Switch)

You've all heard of it and yes, it's true. There's something you can do with your modem that will cause the screen of the other players to be delayed. This gives the "switcher" easy access to clean up on kills. Ever been in a match that freezes on and off with lag inconsistency? Then you've probably been a victim. The numerous updates were supposed to have taken care of this issue, but it's still there, taunting its victims. In order to be able to pull off the lag switch you have to be host; which brings me to number two…

2. Hosting

The dreaded host. It's not long in any match before someone utters the words, "Well, I found the host!" The player that has been gifted as being host is for lack of a better word, Superman. The host holds the connection to the entire game and gives them quicker movement and overall firepower in contrast to every other player in the match. For some reason, and I'm not a coder so I don't have the answer, but this is much more obvious inGearsthan in any other multiplayer game. Not fair, right? Right!

1. The Chainsaw

The chainsaw is the vital flaw of every "Gears" game. I know many of you may have heard this before, but the reason for this annoyance is clear for any decentGearsplayer. The chainsaw is unarguably the easiest way to kill anyone, at any time, as long as you're somewhat close to them. You can pick up the controller, hold the B button, and run around in circles chasing after players. There's also another piece of equipment attached to the saw that's invisible to the naked eye: a vacuum. The chainsaw has been capable of sucking players into its grasp around corners, snatching them up through even shotgun blasts, and probably by the same guy running around in circles with an enlarged worn out B button.

Giving the option to take the chainsaw out of the match would resolve this issue. It would give decent players wanting to play with strategy and bullets peace of mind. Instead they're being consumed with uncertainty every time they hear the saw rev, thinking they'll be sucked up into a gory pulp without a choice. Until then, I guess I'll have to control the wrath entering my body after lil' Timmy chainsaws me in half for the eighth time while telling me how "bad I suck."

source: http://www.kombo.com/article.php?artid=14409

hansmacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hansmacher
Member since 2003 • 900 Posts
also the matchmaking, sometimes i wait 10 minutes to even get in a game
stevoqwerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 stevoqwerty
Member since 2006 • 4029 Posts

Dedicated servers, problems solved.

commander-cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 commander-cool
Member since 2007 • 359 Posts

Don't even get me started on gears 2, but my number 1 fix is obviously the lag, causing god host in every game. Fixing the lag would significantly improve bullet recognition=less frustration. Oh, and whoever thought up frag tagging on walls should be slapped. Yeah and every point you had was valid.

Epic was like, "Hey, I see that everyone has issues with lag, glitches, and inconsistencies in Gears of War. So for Gears of War 2, we are going to ignore all those people, fix problems that never existed, and create new problems. Oh, and that lag and host advantage thing, yeah, we're not really going to focus on that. I think people would rather be able to frag tag on walls and do unique executions than have a stable online experience."

TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheMightyHoov
Member since 2009 • 2459 Posts

I agree on those points. I would also like to see it go back to what the first Gears was. It was just so awesome :P

iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts

if there was a way to do hosted servers where the connection is equal would be ideal. I found the chainsaw in gears 1 to be reasonable, it actually made it stop rather than just slowing down the guy.

SEANSEXYUNDIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 SEANSEXYUNDIES
Member since 2008 • 1489 Posts

I agree with this list, that any i want to see people use something more then shotguns

superquesoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#8 superquesoman
Member since 2009 • 284 Posts

Well Put :D. This is exactly why i don't play gears online anymore .I hope they even bother on fixing this for the third installment

TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheMightyHoov

I agree with this list, that any i want to see people use something more then shotguns

SEANSEXYUNDIES

Me too. Gears 2 did increase the use of the assault rifles though, but I loved the shotty battles in Gears 1. It had quite the learning curve but every kill made you feel awesome.

Fr0wnyface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Fr0wnyface
Member since 2010 • 170 Posts

Host isn't a problem.

They are annoying but the only time host means something is if you're playing it was a 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1 instead of a 5v5. Teamwork + skill will overcome anything, even if you're down 2v4 or against host.

I agree with the frags though, I don't even call them grenades anymore. They're nuclear bombs. I actually prefer that people tag them on the wall, because at least you can avoid them, it's completely random when someone throws a nuclear bombat you though, especially if they throw both of them.

starmanspr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 starmanspr
Member since 2009 • 126 Posts

if, by some magical power, gears of war 3 is better than gears of war 2, i will be a very happy person. gears of war 1 felt right to me, but with the lag switchers and with every match turning into just a shotgun war, it felt incredibly one sided and unfair. gears of war 2 feels even worse with chainsaw wars, less shotgun power, and someone just plummeting you with lancer bullets from afar while you're attempting to get to cover, only to get taken down with no one around to help you up. :/ might be a giant skill issue on my side, but even in the beginning, i couldn't shake this crap off.

commander-cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 commander-cool
Member since 2007 • 359 Posts

I agree on those points. I would also like to see it go back to what the first Gears was. It was just so awesome :P

TheMightyHoov

True Dat man

Avatar image for 8732_YoungJeezy
8732_YoungJeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 8732_YoungJeezy
Member since 2008 • 1656 Posts

I have no problem with the chainsaw, but everything elese I agree with

Fr0wnyface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fr0wnyface

[QUOTE="SEANSEXYUNDIES"]

TheMightyHoov

Me too. Gears 2 did increase the use of the assault rifles though, but I loved the shotty battles in Gears 1. It had quite the learning curve but every kill made you feel awesome.

Shotty takes much more skill in Gears 2 (I mean actually shooting, not opting out for the easy kill be two piece or melee down like 95% of people do). Alot of people complain about two piecing or melee's but if you have a beast shotty, those problems won't effect you. I rarely get two pieced, and melee's never really effect me in a 1v1 because my wallbouncing/strafing makes these problems useless. Gears 2 isn't given a chance, because it was so overhyped and at launch it was unplayable with A LOT of flaws (I'll be the first to criticize the hell out of this game) but to say Gears 1 took more skill, laughable, not to mention insulting. Anyone could use the shotgun in Gears and everyone would go for sniper. Why? Because any bum could pick it up and get 4 kills in a round. I get the sniper all the time on my team, because nobody ever wants to pick it up, because it's not incredibly easy to use.

To the other guy, if you want to see people use more than shotguns, force them to. People are going to do what works. If two piecing gets you easy kills, you'll continue to two-piece.

STARXWOLF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 STARXWOLF
Member since 2009 • 758 Posts

well i hate the chainsaw as much as you do..i've been a victim of the chainsaw vaccum and yes it is very frustrating but taking it out of matchmaking is just a little too far.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts

Host isn't a problem.

They are annoying but the only time host means something is if you're playing it was a 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1 instead of a 5v5. Teamwork + skill will overcome anything, even if you're down 2v4 or against host.

I agree with the frags though, I don't even call them grenades anymore. They're nuclear bombs. I actually prefer that people tag them on the wall, because at least you can avoid them, it's completely random when someone throws a nuclear bombat you though, especially if they throw both of them.

Fr0wnyface
No host takes skill outta of the question thats the problem. If two teams with the same skill and exact statistics were to run at each other and fight the team with host would win every time, its just fact, a game can only be called fair when both sides are on equal terms.
Fr0wnyface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Fr0wnyface

if, by some magical power, gears of war 3 is better than gears of war 2, i will be a very happy person. gears of war 1 felt right to me, but with the lag switchers and with every match turning into just a shotgun war, it felt incredibly one sided and unfair. gears of war 2 feels even worse with chainsaw wars, less shotgun power, and someone just plummeting you with lancer bullets from afar while you're attempting to get to cover, only to get taken down with no one around to help you up. :/ might be a giant skill issue on my side, but even in the beginning, i couldn't shake this crap off.

starmanspr

1. Shotgun needed to get weaker. It was overpowered in the first, to the point where Torque Bow/Boomshot and everything besides Sniper wasn't even a power weapon. The Shotgun was the real power weapon, and you started off with it.

2. Who chainsaws? If you're getting chainsawed, it better be really laggy (and I mean really laggy. That lag where you walk down steps and 3 seconds later you teleport to the top of them) or you're doing something wrong. I haven't been chainsawed in forever, last time I got chainsawed was on a Portuguese connection and a bot chainsawed me.

3. Unlike Gears 1, Gears 2 actually forces you to use cover instead of rushing. That was the whole point of it. If you want to rush, you need teamwork. It should be a welcomed change because everyone complains about how nobody uses teamwork, but when a game emphasizes teamwork, nobody uses it anyway. When I play with friends, 90% of the time we straight rush. We don't pick up power weapons and just rush the other team. It's kind of hard for a team to counter5 rushers when maybe two people are prepared on defense, while the other 3 are trying to get power weapons or something,

4. To go along with the last one, if you get downed and nobody is around to help you, you're definitely doing something wrong. Again, this game emphasizes teamwork. People need to stop crying about how different it is from Gears 1 and adjust. The only people who still complain about Gears 2, play it the same way they would play Gears 1 and you can't. It's like playing Halo 3 the same way you would play Halo 2. The games are different and you need to adjust. Crying won't accomplish anything.

TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheMightyHoov

[QUOTE="TheMightyHoov"]

[QUOTE="SEANSEXYUNDIES"]

Fr0wnyface

Shotty takes much more skill in Gears 2 (I mean actually shooting, not opting out for the easy kill be two piece or melee down like 95% of people do). Alot of people complain about two piecing or melee's but if you have a beast shotty, those problems won't effect you. I rarely get two pieced, and melee's never really effect me in a 1v1 because my wallbouncing/strafing makes these problems useless. Gears 2 isn't given a chance, because it was so overhyped and at launch it was unplayable with A LOT of flaws (I'll be the first to criticize the hell out of this game) but to say Gears 1 took more skill, laughable, not to mention insulting. Anyone could use the shotgun in Gears and everyone would go for sniper. Why? Because any bum could pick it up and get 4 kills in a round. I get the sniper all the time on my team, because nobody ever wants to pick it up, because it's not incredibly easy to use.

To the other guy, if you want to see people use more than shotguns, force them to. People are going to do what works. If two piecing gets you easy kills, you'll continue to two-piece.

I am a seasoned Gears player and when I played Gears 2 shotgun was far easier to use. If anything you are mixing up both games. Anyone can do relatively well with shotgun in Gears 2. If you walked into Gears 1 you would be destroyed. I know because when I first started out I struggled when I first started, but then I began to use strafing and wall bouncing. And sniper was not easy to use at all. I saw so many people try and use the sniper in that game and fail horribly. Sniper took alot of skill in Gears 1.

Fr0wnyface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Fr0wnyface

[QUOTE="Fr0wnyface"]

Host isn't a problem.

V4LENT1NE

No host takes skill outta of the question thats the problem. If two teams with the same skill and exact statistics were to run at each other and fight the team with host would win every time, its just fact, a game can only be called fair when both sides are on equal terms.

No, it's not a fact.

I just started playing this game again so I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be, yet me and my friends 5-0 nearly everyone. I've only played 15 games on this account, but I have two losses. One is because we quit because host on the other team started lagswitching. We were up 4-0, and host was 1-4.

Host doesn't mean anything, if you think it's a "fact" that host will always win, then you obviously aren't playing the game right, or you're not good enough. I love how people always look for an easy copout and blame host. Yes, at times it is ridiculous but they are not invincible. I've bodied plenty of people on their host. People who were pro/semi-pro for MLG and numerous of the top teams on the GB ladders.

fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fastr
Member since 2010 • 2100 Posts
This is a pretty good list, but it's just a start. They dumbed down gears 2, everything was slower so skill didn't matter as much, it was more luck. Bring back the faster paced action of Gears 1, make shotty the weapon of choice again. Seriously, I don't know why people complain constantly about shotguns, its what made gears 1 so damn addictive and fun! There are a plethora of other games out there that focus on assault rifles, whats wrong with having one that focuses on shotguns? The intense close range combat was spectacular and extremely addictive. So many "holy **** type moments in gears, or where you manage to win a shotgun dual and your just so damn happy, specially when it's against the host. Gears 1 relied on skill more so then ANY other shooter out there does.
jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jad206
Member since 2009 • 1821 Posts

So say what you mean. You want it to be Gears of War 1. All of those problems wouldn't be here if it was Gears1. No frag tag, no vacuum on the chainsaw, No mortar, Sure host has better chance at killing you but that is what makes it fun when you kill him.

fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fastr
Member since 2010 • 2100 Posts

So say what you mean. You want it to be Gears of War 1. All of those problems wouldn't be here if it was Gears1. No frag tag, no vacuum on the chainsaw, No mortar, Sure host has better chance at killing you but that is what makes it fun when you kill him.

jad206
yes. (except gears 1 had frag tags, but only on people, tagging the ground is stupid, one of the things I hate the most about gears 2)
Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

It should be shotgun, not chainsaw for the last one. All you have to do is shoot the chainsaw like 2 times with the lancer. If he gets you from behind (not ment to be sexual) then thats not his fault for flanking. Its an execution...

Shotguns on the other hand... ugh. worst random damage/spread ever. Plus active reload makes it worse

6th pt. ACTIVE RELOAD MUST GO!

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts

Dedicated servers, problems solved.

stevoqwerty
Yeah, that's all I want really. Chainsaw is Gears of Wars signature.. and I dont know why you would get frustrated by it.. it's just part of the game.. like the shotgun.. and your frag and mortar issue. I think the explosions are perfect the way it is.. How can you not get damaged by explosions of that scale and range? I wouldn't want people to be able to walk away clean and clear from explosions.. that would be lame. Host is definitely an issue.. dedicated servers like Stevo said. As for match leaving.. Chances are that you run into consecutive "bad" matches is slim. From my personal experience.. it hasn't happened to me yet. But possibly a lesser deduction would be suffice to end this problem. I want people to be penalized.. because too many people leave a game.. and leave others hanging.. killing the fun. As for cheating. Any form of cheating is bad of course. But it's almost inevitable.. and someone, somewhere finds a way to glitch and cheat. Back to the chainsaw.. that's why EPIC added chainsaw duels because it was getting cheap in the first Gears. I guess I agree with half your list. And Frag Tag on walls is actually cool.. I dont know you guys.. dont seem to like anything in gears of war 2. Oh fooey!
rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#25 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

Not sure where this misconception of dedicated servers being the fix to lag came from but it really needs to stop. The only thing I would like them to CHANGE is add region filtering. What would be nice if they could calculate best connection for host although that is difficult. I think adding a region filter would solve most peoples problems because there is nothing wrong with the weapons or techniques it's just people dealing with lag. Play a local match and see how easy it is to stop a chainsaw or two piece. Fixing lag or at least minimizing it will fix all these issues.

Also, learn how to play the damn game and stop crying. If you don't like getting chainsawed then stop being a two piece scrub. If you don't like getting two pieced then stop letting them get so close and use a lancer or hammerburst. When they charge you...ROLL BACK. It's that simple. If you are fighting with someone and some guy sneaks up on you and chainsaws you that is a good play. Your team was not there helping you by either shooting the flank or at least telling you about it. I am so tired of hearing people about the weapons. They are fine.

Host advantage is only a real advantage when the other team has it and you are playing with randoms, no mics on and not talking to each other. In that case I hope the host makes you quit. When I play with a team it's with five people I know, they are good, and have mics. If you can't get on a team then you are probably not good at the game and shouldn't be playing it. So stop crying to Epic about how you suck and ruining it for people who are actually good at the game.

Edit: I could go on and on about this. I haven't even talked about cheating or quit early penalities but not going to write a blog about it.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 V4LENT1NE

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"][QUOTE="Fr0wnyface"]

Host isn't a problem.

Fr0wnyface

No, it's not a fact.

I just started playing this game again so I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be, yet me and my friends 5-0 nearly everyone. I've only played 15 games on this account, but I have two losses. One is because we quit because host on the other team started lagswitching. We were up 4-0, and host was 1-4.

Host doesn't mean anything, if you think it's a "fact" that host will always win, then you obviously aren't playing the game right, or you're not good enough. I love how people always look for an easy copout and blame host. Yes, at times it is ridiculous but they are not invincible. I've bodied plenty of people on their host. People who were pro/semi-pro for MLG and numerous of the top teams on the GB ladders.

No you didnt read it correctly, I said with the exact same skill and stats the host team will always win, which is fact, you just dont know what your talking about. Host has about a 1 second speed advantage over the rest of the players in the match, its a fact that host plays a part in the outcome of the game, if you dont believe that then your wrong plain and simple, its fact...
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 V4LENT1NE

And remember I am not saying every game they will win, dont miss-quote me, I am saying its an advantage thats there and its proven, on paper in the "perfect match" with the same players on each team the host will win.

T_0_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 T_0_D
Member since 2007 • 1128 Posts

To me the mortar is not a problem. They already gimped it with the length of time it takes to reload and setup. Frags can be annoying but they already fixed this as well by making the frags take a much longer time to respawn than when the game originally came out.

Not a big deal because you can make far more than 1500 points in any match if you are a decent to good player.

3. Cheating (Lag Switch)

This would be my number one! The simplest solution is servers for ranked matches and client to client for unranked.

2. Hosting

Host has not bothered me very much. It is annoying when you do not have a good connection with the person but if you are good you can overcome host advantage with a little craftiness.

1. The Chainsaw

I don't see this as an issue at all. They totally fixed the chainsaw vacuum from Gears 1 with stopping power. The only times you should get chainsawed now are if you miss someone/are laggy and the shots don't register/someone sneaks up behind you (which by the way you should be dead anyway).

Ice_man_1985

laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 laliberte11
Member since 2008 • 4246 Posts

so the mortars are bad because they are realistic, i dont know about you but if i saw a mortar headed my way i would run like a little girl

drokmore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 drokmore
Member since 2005 • 1863 Posts

The one thing I would note about frages/mortars power weapons in general is that they are great for play like annex where guys basically are trying to hold down a check point, it actually gives you a chance to dislodge them. Tagging them on walls is great strategy and makes you think before sprinting around every corner. I felt over time that I was able to pretty much guess where they would be anyway. Mortar is pretty sick, but honestly not that hard to dodge, just look up at its peak a run elsewhere. Plus with one of the patches they made it harder to use. The chainsaw has to be in gow3 for sure, but if they could get rid of that vacuum effect that would really help. Id only use chainsaw on those god awful lagged up rounds where shooting was basically pointless, because overall shotgun was far superior. Lastly, totally aggree with fixing the host advantage. Sure its great fun when youre host and bascially with a shotgun its not even close. Its just frustrating to get 3 shotgun shots off to the face and they dont die, they get 1 offa gib you to pieces.

Avatar image for Un4givingMidget
Un4givingMidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Un4givingMidget
Member since 2009 • 32 Posts

Frags/Mortars

The excessive damage of the mortar i feel is ok because you walk super slow with it and it takes a bit to drop them too. So often you could down someone using a mortar quite quickly. The frags however need to be toned downa bit. The diameter that they kill you is huge, frag tagging is ok because it makes people have to think twice before ripping around the corner. Which slows people down. Maybe they should consider only letting each player tag one frag rather then two just to eliminate people camping in spawn or something of that sort.

Match Leaving Penalty

This is a good and bad thing. It will sometimes stop people from leaving the match but if the lag is super bad and you have to leave it starts to become a pain. Also if the host leaves the match people wont get their points. Maybe fix that so people dont get punished when the host leaves(I know that you dont get the penalty but the punishment would be not getting the points that you have scored that match)

Host

As long as the game assigns a goodhost its not that big of a deal, but when people who have wal-mart, or k-mart(whatever you please) connection thats when it gets frustrating

The Chainsaw

This is not that big of a deal, if you dont like the chainsaw stay further back. People say take the chainsaw off the lancer, but i completely disagree. (and no i do not use the chainsaw). the chainsaw is what makes the lancer compareable with the hammerburst. The hammerburst is way more powerful and personally i feel it is a bettergun.

these are only a small amount of fixes

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

the biggest things i think they need to fix is

1.Host - they need to do something because as of right now host wins about 80% of the time

2.incosistancies - no more shooting someone 4 times in their back with the shotgun just to have them turn around and 1 shot kill you with that same shotgun.

3.Frag roll - if you roll ontop of a frag when it blows up you survive

4.bring back the "noob things" - melee out of run, shoot after melee, because it's just stupid to put a delay on these things

Furanko_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Furanko_Kun
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts

.Host - they need to do something because as of right now host wins about 80% of the time

JayQproductions
When I see a host, I start preying on it >:D And it's effing satisfying xD
Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts
[QUOTE="Ice_man_1985"]

For the future installment of Gears of War, Tony begs Epic to fix the following.April 9, 2010 | 1:54 PM PST

by:Tony DaSilva

The Fact:

Gears of War 3will be out in April 2011.

The Problem: Epic has had major issues with the multiplayer inGear'sgames. So much so, that many hardcore fans have quit playing due to sheer frustration.

The Solution: (See below)

It's great if you're the one placing the Frag or launching the Mortar, but for the rest of us, exploding if we're anywhere near either of them just sucks. There's been numerous times where I've been underneath a rooftop, overhang, or in cover, when the Mortar "somehow" kills me. The Mortar allows ammo to be launched vertically, and when it's peaked, descends downward to the ground, killing anything within its vicinity. The problem is "anything in its vicinity" doesn't mean "death to players smart enough to take cover underneath structures."

Frags are just too potent as well; especially if you're playing on a smaller map. In these circumstances the match becomes dominated by them. Walls are tagged constantly and consistently, to the point where every corner you try and scramble around turns you into bloody slop. Turning down the Frag damage on these suckers could greatly enhance the strategy of the gunplay, and stop those annoying Frag campers. You know who you are.

The plethora of updates Epic has put out forGears 2also holds with it the match leaving penalty. A deduction of 1,500 points is displayed when you finish your next match after leaving. The reason is obviously to deter players from entering matches and leaving for whatever reason; whether it's getting slaughtered by the opposing team, not liking the map that was chosen, or just mom calling the boys in for some fish sticks. With this cute little update though, aggravation has ensued. Players leaving lag-delayed-unplayable-matches are penalized and give them one choice to avoid it: wait around for 20 minutes until the match is over by hiding somewhere in the map (usually at a spawn). This way they "technically" are still in the game and won't get the point deduction. Furthermore, this causes the team they are on an almost definite loss, not allowing a bot to take the place of the player that's shamefully hiding.

3. Cheating (Lag Switch)

You've all heard of it and yes, it's true. There's something you can do with your modem that will cause the screen of the other players to be delayed. This gives the "switcher" easy access to clean up on kills. Ever been in a match that freezes on and off with lag inconsistency? Then you've probably been a victim. The numerous updates were supposed to have taken care of this issue, but it's still there, taunting its victims. In order to be able to pull off the lag switch you have to be host; which brings me to number two…

2. Hosting

The dreaded host. It's not long in any match before someone utters the words, "Well, I found the host!" The player that has been gifted as being host is for lack of a better word, Superman. The host holds the connection to the entire game and gives them quicker movement and overall firepower in contrast to every other player in the match. For some reason, and I'm not a coder so I don't have the answer, but this is much more obvious inGearsthan in any other multiplayer game. Not fair, right? Right!

1. The Chainsaw

The chainsaw is the vital flaw of every "Gears" game. I know many of you may have heard this before, but the reason for this annoyance is clear for any decentGearsplayer. The chainsaw is unarguably the easiest way to kill anyone, at any time, as long as you're somewhat close to them. You can pick up the controller, hold the B button, and run around in circles chasing after players. There's also another piece of equipment attached to the saw that's invisible to the naked eye: a vacuum. The chainsaw has been capable of sucking players into its grasp around corners, snatching them up through even shotgun blasts, and probably by the same guy running around in circles with an enlarged worn out B button.

Giving the option to take the chainsaw out of the match would resolve this issue. It would give decent players wanting to play with strategy and bullets peace of mind. Instead they're being consumed with uncertainty every time they hear the saw rev, thinking they'll be sucked up into a gory pulp without a choice. Until then, I guess I'll have to control the wrath entering my body after lil' Timmy chainsaws me in half for the eighth time while telling me how "bad I suck."

source: http://www.kombo.com/article.php?artid=14409

u can take the chainsaw out of the match....u can get the lokust gun instead