Gears Of War 2.......Hot or Not ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bahaa3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Bahaa3000
Member since 2006 • 828 Posts
Will adding new multiplayer modes and new gameplay make this game as good as the first ?
Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts
It will be better then number 1, but it wont live up to the hype so alot of people will be disapointed
DemonSlayerK01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DemonSlayerK01
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts
If you are really really hyped about the game, it might disapoint you. I hate to bring it up but you see how that did for Too Human. All the hype and tons of people were disappointed. They hoped for something more... so what I'm doing is just watching the videos and trying to keep a level head. Very hard to do when I want to play it so bad LOL
msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#4 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

If you are really really hyped about the game, it might disapoint you. I hate to bring it up but you see how that did for Too Human. All the hype and tons of people were disappointed. They hoped for something more... so what I'm doing is just watching the videos and trying to keep a level head. Very hard to do when I want to play it so bad LOLDemonSlayerK01

Too Human hasn't come out yet. A lot people were disappointed by the demo, but at the same time a lot of people loved the demo.

Gears 2 will be just as good as the second and with the new features has the potential to be even better. About the only thing that could bring this game down is some serious glitching.

DemonSlayerK01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DemonSlayerK01
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts

[QUOTE="DemonSlayerK01"]If you are really really hyped about the game, it might disapoint you. I hate to bring it up but you see how that did for Too Human. All the hype and tons of people were disappointed. They hoped for something more... so what I'm doing is just watching the videos and trying to keep a level head. Very hard to do when I want to play it so bad LOLmsdd9

Too Human hasn't come out yet. A lot people were disappointed by the demo, but at the same time a lot of people loved the demo.

Gears 2 will be just as good as the second and with the new features has the potential to be even better. About the only thing that could bring this game down is some serious glitching.

Yup, I agree. Glitching would seriously ruin it for me :). And I apologize on the bad wording of my message ^-^

SUPERMAN212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SUPERMAN212
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts
pepole who live in the UK go to HMV.com for the LE because they have the gold lancer in it
Navy0820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Navy0820
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts

GOW 1 was good but dont get your hopes up for the second it doesnt seem much different then the first but its your personal opinion i guess.

PS: visit this forum with tour opinion http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26507394

Avatar image for TheLadiesChoice
TheLadiesChoice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheLadiesChoice
Member since 2008 • 130 Posts

It will be better then number 1, but it wont live up to the hype so alot of people will be disapointedTokeism

In these exact words.

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts

[QUOTE="Tokeism"]It will be better then number 1, but it wont live up to the hype so alot of people will be disapointedTheLadiesChoice

In these exact words.

actually i disagree alot of the die hard fans including myself Really dont care if the game is nearly exactly the same as the orginal its worth it just for the new maps gametypes and campaigin its worth it

Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
It's going to be GOTY.
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
It will live up.
_RA0_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 _RA0_
Member since 2007 • 855 Posts
lol I hope they dont have multiplayer host advantage.
Pit_italy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Pit_italy
Member since 2005 • 965 Posts
well if you have seen the video that was in the unreal tournament 3 disc, and im pretty sure you can find it also somewhere else... (youtube?!), you'll definetly know that this game is going to kick ass.
Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts
There are plenty of things they can improve on from the first one so it should be just as good if not better.
msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
I don't even care about games "living up to hype" anymore. It doesn't even really mean anything anymore. Nothing ever lives up to the hype to everybody. Even if a game like GTA IV comes along and gets outstanding reviews by a large majority, there will always be people who nitpick and find things bad to say about it. All I care about is that I know that I'll enjoy the game. Do I think the game will sell well? Absolutely. But to say that it will "live up to the hype" and please every single person who plays it is rediculous.
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#16 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I loved Gears 1.

I mean, it was so awesome, except for the host advantage, and the glitchers.

For me, if they eliminate host advantage, and stop the glitchers, it will be an incredible game. Plus, we get like 10 new multiplayer maps to play, plus a whole new campaign.

So really, if its nearly identical to the first one, I won't be dissapointed.

kingyotoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 kingyotoX
Member since 2007 • 2689 Posts
If its as bad as the first one it will suck.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#18 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

Personally I hope it is more like the first game than something completely new.

From what I've seen/read about the game it will be mostly the same with new features and in-game abilities (picking up an enemy and using them for a shield is just plain awesome!!!) There will be new weapons (i.e. flamethrower) and game modes (i.e. Horde), so it should be exactly what I want from a sequel...

Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts

If its as bad as the first one it will suck. kingyotoX

You have no taste in games, also judging by your sig go back to the Playstation 3 section. kthnx

Avatar image for appeal_2_reason
appeal_2_reason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 appeal_2_reason
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

It's definitely going to be better than the first. I think it's going to be awesome and i can't wait. I already reserved it at gamestop.

bubnux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bubnux
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts
The first Gears of War is Gears 2's hype, pretty much a safe bet that it will own (as long as I am host, or on host's team). Now if Epic could get it running better on XBL or get a dedicated server then we'll talk GOTY.
msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
The first Gears of War is Gears 2's hype, pretty much a safe bet that it will own (as long as I am host, or on host's team). Now if Epic could get it running better on XBL or get a dedicated server then we'll talk GOTY.bubnux
They know about the host advantage and they've mentioned that they addressed that issue.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f93995c29447
deactivated-5f93995c29447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 deactivated-5f93995c29447
Member since 2005 • 2063 Posts
With most of the cinematic features in multi player, such as making downed enemies as meat shields and having chainsaw duels with two people riving up their chainsaws, it's going to be incredibly addicting and satisfying. I just hope it's not as frustrating as the first GeoW and Halo3. Sure, the skill leveled match making in GeoW2 will be very similar to Halo3's, but I just hope it's fun, not competitive.
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
I'm not getting it. I was really happy about it when it was first announced but I've really just lost interest in it....especially considering that games like Fallout 3, Fable 2, and Too Human are going to be keeping me busy I don't have time for Gears.
gustavog117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 gustavog117
Member since 2006 • 831 Posts
Ths game will ilev up to the hype. Gears of War was a hit, and it doesnt matter if its the same because the first was a success. You cannot fix what is not broken. The glitching may be taken out, host advantage is gone, matchmaking and a lot of a bunch of other features make it better. The campaign looks awesome, it will be the first thing I do after opening it, reading the manual, back of the box, and the 48 pg. book(LE). Hopefully my bro will want to play co op, and soon we will try multiplayer, maybe just the 2 of us since it has bots, for practice. Overall the game looks amazing visually and gameplay wise.
HeavyMetalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 HeavyMetalist
Member since 2008 • 51 Posts
Well..I hope it's as good as part one was. Hopefully better so it can live up to its name. Gears of M****** War!
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
It is going to be awesome.
MastaP110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MastaP110
Member since 2004 • 230 Posts
Gears of War 2 will be hot. There is something about putting the game on full blast on my stereo during a lan party and chainsawing my little brother in half that cannot me matched in any game. This game is going to be awesome!
Ganodon44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ganodon44
Member since 2006 • 627 Posts
I think its going to be better then the first one. However, I think the game is being overhyped so people will get upset anyways.
Vengent25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 Vengent25
Member since 2007 • 470 Posts
How can you compare Gears of War to Too Human?? Halo 3 had huge hype and its not that great. They added a few weapons, forge, and theatre. Gears of War 2 is the most hyped game this year on any console for a reason. because alot of people know it can improve on alot of things. Gears of War 2 is already shaping up to be Game of the Year, several games could snag it.
stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

please don't use a Paris Hilton catch phrase in attempt to see what people's preditions regarding GeoW 2 are.

Thanks. :)

GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
No, it will be medicore, just like the first game was.