Gears of War 2 online fixed?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 0

#1 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

I really want to play Gears of War 2, I mean I really want to go back. I had it at launch but I quit playing cause the online was so bad. I mean I was just fed up and one day I said '**** It'

Is it fixed now? Is it quick?

Thanks.

soufan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 soufan123
Member since 2007 • 734 Posts

Hell yeah its fixed, enjoying it much more now too!

cronew1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cronew1
Member since 2004 • 494 Posts

I tried it after the most recent update and it still takes me a while to find a game and most of the time i get kicked out of a game, everyone says its just my connection but I never have an issue with either COD or Halo

Dr_Snood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Dr_Snood
Member since 2008 • 2547 Posts
It is fixed in terms of glitches and stupid cheap tactics, but it still takes a bit to find games sometimes.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

I really want to play Gears of War 2, I mean I really want to go back. I had it at launch but I quit playing cause the online was so bad. I mean I was just fed up and one day I said '**** It'

Is it fixed now? Is it quick?

Thanks.

Toriko42

Depends on what you mean by fixed. Actually after the latest Title Update 3 things have been MUCH MUCH better. They added a standby detection, so now if you standby you get "0" XP and host IP banned. So cheating has SUBSTANTIALLY been decreased. Other than that people always try to find a way around that, so now they add large amounts of lag to the room to keep you at a disadvantage. Now there's the ability to rank glitch so people abuse that by coming in the room with a 100 rank which is the last one with the wings and star (as if rank glitching shows their real skill..lol nubs!). Other than that everythings fine and dandy :) Oh yea, the most of everything has a delay on it including the mellle when running or rolling.

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

no, the game is worse due to the newest update, they turned gears into a slow paced boring game that punishes you for rushing an enemy. they added a 2 second deley when you come out of a run or roll so you can not shoot or melee for 2 seconds.......it's garbage.

RavageGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RavageGT
Member since 2008 • 989 Posts

no, the game is worse due to the newest update, they turned gears into a slow paced boring game that punishes you for rushing an enemy. they added a 2 second deley when you come out of a run or roll so you can not shoot or melee for 2 seconds.......it's garbage.

JayQproductions

TC, interpret that in a good way: there are no noobs to rush you and use the cheap two piecing tactic. People like them ruined the game.

Shotgun duels are still present, I wish everyone used lancers and cover actually had real value in multiplayer, but regardless it's fixed and it's worth playing, just keep your shotgun out and make sure to aim :D. Matchmaking can be slow, but you can defidently be paitent (unlike last time, because it used to be sooo slow).

Give this one final try, and the new map pack is great (Snowblind, NOT combustible, combustible was a terrible map pack).

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

Is everything fixed? nope, not yet.

Is it better? It's much better.

Every one that quits gets replaced by a bot, it's harder to "2 piece", you can't fire up the chainsaw during the rodyrun anymore (both have a delay), new ranking system.

Some complaints: There's still lag and random disconnections at times (not nearly as much as it used to be though), still takes some time to find players (again, not as long and as much as it used to be), some glitches not fixed yet.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

I am really happy about this thread. I'm going to try the multiplayer later tonight then.

Avatar image for CrazyGamer02149
CrazyGamer02149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CrazyGamer02149
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts

yes its fixed

great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts

JayQproductions

You're being serious? man, that took the best tactic away from this game, roll around a corner, aim and shot to the face.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
i might just try some gears of war 2 now.
dylanmcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dylanmcc
Member since 2008 • 2512 Posts

This will have to be my next game to get. The complaints of online sort of stopped me from getting it, but this is reassuring :).

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#14 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

I am really happy about this thread. I'm going to try the multiplayer later tonight then.

craigalan23
Same here, finally to get my moneys worth out of this game since I loved my time with it
turbo-20000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 turbo-20000
Member since 2009 • 55 Posts
new xp and level system is better .. faster to get into games and also bots have been added when players quit or loose connection so the teams have even ammout of players but the bots are pretty useless.
Avatar image for insomniac_loser
insomniac_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 insomniac_loser
Member since 2005 • 168 Posts

I've played with friends alot lately and it seems pretty fixed since the last update. I didnt touch it before that last update because of all those damn glitches that were constantly being exploited, but now i play it on a regular basis. Definitely play it with friends though youll have more fun.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

[QUOTE="JayQproductions"]

RavageGT

TC, interpret that in a good way: there are no noobs to rush you and use the cheap two piecing tactic. People like them ruined the game.

Shotgun duels are still present, I wish everyone used lancers and cover actually had real value in multiplayer, but regardless it's fixed and it's worth playing, just keep your shotgun out and make sure to aim :D. Matchmaking can be slow, but you can defidently be paitent (unlike last time, because it used to be sooo slow).

Give this one final try, and the new map pack is great (Snowblind, NOT combustible, combustible was a terrible map pack).

Ha, I agree, only ones complaining about the update are the massive two-piece ****! One of my friends said they would stop playing because of the update.

polarman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 polarman87
Member since 2009 • 429 Posts

Yes it has been fixed alot there are still a few issues but alot better

Bladefighter23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bladefighter23
Member since 2005 • 1201 Posts

Yeah it's fixed. Chainsaw lowers, hardly any standbying, two piecing doesn't work as well, smoke grenades only keep you down 2 seconds, and they aren't a ton of glitches. Anyway who hates on it stilll either sucks or only used the shotty in the first Gears and haven't learned how to use the new one. I one shot people all the time so the shotty definitely doesn't suck. The game is more balanced than Gears 1, the only issue is poor level design with some of the original maps on the disc. The DLC maps are way better.

Da32ozKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Da32ozKilla
Member since 2008 • 158 Posts

its alot better than it use to be and i def enjoy it alot