Gears of War 2 on YOUTUBE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OneShot112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 OneShot112
Member since 2004 • 14104 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdn3C31vlFQ

For the people having trouble viewing it on other sites due to high traffic

Zcrimson07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Zcrimson07
Member since 2004 • 3493 Posts
WOW.....
linkinworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 linkinworm
Member since 2005 • 3134 Posts
i war this on the dot when it was 1st on, all i can say is WOO, it looks amazing, i cant wait to be playing it on my setup
Jaforbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jaforbe
Member since 2008 • 817 Posts
I love you Gears of War 2.
OneShot112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 OneShot112
Yeah, like I've said before.. the draw distance is amazing.
marcuskickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 marcuskickass
Member since 2007 • 839 Posts
Its a lot darker than the video on gametrailers yet still looks awesome.
Avatar image for EnigmaticBeauty
EnigmaticBeauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EnigmaticBeauty
Member since 2007 • 1297 Posts
--shrugs shoulders-- pffft still a crappy game no matter what site you show it on.
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#8 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts

--shrugs shoulders-- pffft still a crappy game no matter what site you show it on.EnigmaticBeauty

I don't mind people voicing their opinion but that is a rather bold statement to make..

EnigmaticBeauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EnigmaticBeauty

[QUOTE="EnigmaticBeauty"]--shrugs shoulders-- pffft still a crappy game no matter what site you show it on.ZimpanX

I don't mind people voicing their opinion but that is a rather bold statement to make..

Gears Of War has just never appealed to me. It lacks a story and I find that unforgivable in this day and age of videogames. The characters are ugly and totally... brute like, no character substance, the graphics are nice and all but lack any personality. Perhaps because I'm a woman, it doesn't appeal to me in the same way, but a game character has to captivate me... and Gears Of War just doesn't cut it... the name also puts me off,

Franchise2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Franchise2k6
Member since 2005 • 2052 Posts
i bet this will make PS3 fans go nuts
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
[QUOTE="ZimpanX"]

[QUOTE="EnigmaticBeauty"]--shrugs shoulders-- pffft still a crappy game no matter what site you show it on.EnigmaticBeauty

Gears Of War has just never appealed to me. It lacks a story and I find that unforgivable in this day and age of videogames. The characters are ugly and totally... brute like, no character substance, the graphics are nice and all but lack any personality. Perhaps because I'm a woman, it doesn't appeal to me in the same way, but a game character has to captivate me... and Gears Of War just doesn't cut it... the name also puts me off,

I hear ya, I'm not questioning your opinion I just thought the comment was unecessary as you took the time to comment on something that is not obviously not worth your time. Many others really liked this game you know even though you didn't so there is no nead to labeling it as bad for the rest of us without really stating why. At least you did that now though so I'm glad :)

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts
Why not just get the video on the Marketplace?
OneShot112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 OneShot112

Why not just get the video on the Marketplace?Large_Soda

I made the thread before it was up on Marketplace, so meh.

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts
I honestly was not a huge fan of Gears, but this is already looking interesting....
karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
[QUOTE="ZimpanX"]

[QUOTE="EnigmaticBeauty"]--shrugs shoulders-- pffft still a crappy game no matter what site you show it on.EnigmaticBeauty

Since when did games need stories? I don't see anyone bad-mouthing Tetris for not having some epic back story. I'm all for opinions, but at least have a valid reason for hating it = /
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NOD_Grindking
[QUOTE="EnigmaticBeauty"][QUOTE="ZimpanX"]

[QUOTE="EnigmaticBeauty"]--shrugs shoulders-- pffft still a crappy game no matter what site you show it on.karriston

Since when did games need stories? I don't see anyone bad-mouthing Tetris for not having some epic back story. I'm all for opinions, but at least have a valid reason for hating it = /

she does have a valid opinion and I agree with it 100%....as for tetris, that example is void since she said specifically....not having a story is unforgivable IN THIS DAY AND AGE OF GAMES! Tetris is not this day and age....games are becoming more and more advanced and detailed, and I personally think Gears lacked that epic storyline that really drew you in.

karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
[QUOTE="karriston"][QUOTE="EnigmaticBeauty"][QUOTE="ZimpanX"]

[QUOTE="EnigmaticBeauty"]--shrugs shoulders-- pffft still a crappy game no matter what site you show it on.NOD_Grindking

she does have a valid opinion and I agree with it 100%....as for tetris, that example is void since she said specifically....not having a story is unforgivable IN THIS DAY AND AGE OF GAMES! Tetris is not this day and age....games are becoming more and more advanced and detailed, and I personally think Gears lacked that epic storyline that really drew you in.

But why criticise a game fora lack of story? Games are meant to be played, having no or little story shouldn't be a negative. Games are games, not books or movies. I'd rather a game would play well and have a bad story than vice versa.
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NOD_Grindking
[QUOTE="NOD_Grindking"][QUOTE="karriston"][QUOTE="EnigmaticBeauty"][QUOTE="ZimpanX"]

[QUOTE="EnigmaticBeauty"]--shrugs shoulders-- pffft still a crappy game no matter what site you show it on.karriston

But why criticise a game fora lack of story? Games are meant to be played, having no or little story shouldn't be a negative. Games are games, not books or movies. I'd rather a game would play well and have a bad story than vice versa.

because some people play games for the stories.....I myself love a story....imagine what GTA would be like without any type of cut scenes...it would be boring.....imagine mass effect wihtout the plot? It would be painstaking....

EnigmaticBeauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EnigmaticBeauty
[QUOTE="EnigmaticBeauty"][QUOTE="ZimpanX"]

[QUOTE="karriston"][QUOTE="NOD_Grindking"][QUOTE="karriston"][QUOTE="EnigmaticBeauty"][QUOTE="ZimpanX"]

[QUOTE="EnigmaticBeauty"]--shrugs shoulders-- pffft still a crappy game no matter what site you show it on.NOD_Grindking

because some people play games for the stories.....I myself love a story....imagine what GTA would be like without any type of cut scenes...it would be boring.....imagine mass effect wihtout the plot? It would be painstaking....

Tetris is a puzzle game...and it was created in an era where we did not have the technology to create compelling stories. Every single shoot'em up in today's world should focus on a story and character development because we have the technology to push it and we have some fantastic artists and writers who can visualize what some of us can only dream of.

Shoot'em up's DEMANDS a story, otherwise it is just not going to captivate me and I won't feel commited enough to see what happens next and unfortunately that's what Gears Of War represents to me, potentially it has a lot of scope but the designers have abandoned the story and characters for... "Blowing bigger than life" enemies sky high with a chainsaw gun.

If you look at the demographics of the people who play the game, most players are between 8 and 14 years of age who have not yet come of age where they require more mental stimulation and Epic know this.

Hell Cliff Bleszinski said in his own words..."It's incredibly action packed" and the Cog are basically bigger and meaner... where the hell did they come from, what is their problem, what are their politics... how did they even find Earth, are they on Earth... I haven't got a fricking clue.

All I know is, you're this big brute and you've been broken out of prison (where there are no guards, no warden, no security) and you're given this big gun and you shoot other big ugly brutes call cogs... Now if this was 1998 or before... yeah okay, I'd give it some love perhaps, but in the year 2008, no sorry, doesn't cut it.

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
looks good, I like the locust shield and neck breaking lmao