This topic is locked from further discussion.

mikeo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mikeo696
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hi peeps, I'm a great fan of Gears 1 & 2, but while playing through Gears 2 and then Horde again the other day, i started to think about what aspects i'd like to see improve in the next game. When shooting enemies it would be so much more rewarding if you could see bullet damage appearing. Say for example armour being ripped/damaged and then shot through completely, instead of there being just copious amounts of blood squirting out, don't get me wrong I don't mind abit of gore, but when your playing on horde and shotgunin' a bloodmount point blank, i'd like to see abit of damage appearing for all my efforts. Are there currently technical limitations which prevent this kind of detail be adding into next gen games? Also, i'd like to see more destructible environments (since its a shooter, i'd say this is really important). I'm not saying bringing total buildings down, but even being able to blast holes in walls, roofs etc. (but leaving the structural parts in tact so the levels still function). I think this would add alot to the overall experience. Again, are there limitations with the current generation of consoles which are stopping this from being possible? I'd be interested to hear anyones thoughts about this and if these kind of things will be possible in the future. Mike
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

I'd want to see a better story, not just elements thrown in to justify a sequel.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
hmm. I don't really know. A new story and great twists. Maybe a few morespectacular boss fights. I kinda liked gears 2 as it was
ash918273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ash918273
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts

Destructible roofs would suck cause the mortar would get you every time.

I'd like to see way more custom online options and game types...maybe even a map editor?

Avatar image for NatendoWhisky64
NatendoWhisky64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 NatendoWhisky64
Member since 2008 • 1570 Posts

I'd like to see the original Gears of War matchmaking system in the next one, or atleast an faster and easier way to play ranked, or player matches with my friends.

Hopefully there will be less "riding" sequences in the next one. And if they took the Mulcher, and Mortar out of multiplayer that would be nice as well. I mean.. Gears of War multiplayer used to be about skill, and it still is if you take out the mulcher and mortar. But, mortar shots falling through ceilings and hitting you, and someone gunning down the rest of the team with a mulcher doesnt make it fun, as well as any type of turret in any game. I dont need this game going the Halo route.

The story has always been great, and this one was great as well. I dont see any need to change the way they are writing the story.

If limbs fell off when shooting enemy AI, I wouldnt be complaining ;) And less staggering back when trying to chainsaw. I can see if your being shot and you stagger back, but not 5 more times after that when you are perfectly fine without anything holding you back.

Avatar image for CrazyGamer02149
CrazyGamer02149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 CrazyGamer02149
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts

Destructible roofs would suck cause the mortar would get you every time.

I'd like to see way more custom online options and game types...maybe even a map editor?

ash918273

thhere doing that in an updat 2morrow

Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lance_Kalzas
Member since 2007 • 2135 Posts
A more expanded co-op mode in the campaign resulting in 4 to 5 players at once. I'd like to see Horde mode expanded as well to include bigger areas, more players, and the same variety in the enemies found in the campaign or even more new enemies. I think it'd be interesting to have to fight against Reavers, Corpsers and Brumaks in Horde mode provided we're given the ability to do so. I liked the multiple difficulty modes so I hope those stay. I like the direction the story is going so I don't see a need to change that.
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
it doesnt matter what they do im not buying it Gears of War 2 sucks especailly online
doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#9 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
that they kill either Marcus or Dom that would be so interesting, actual dmage is possible look at the brumak when you shot it with the troika,
cronew1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cronew1
Member since 2004 • 494 Posts

Test it for bugs and glitches before you ship it. Also make sure it doesn't take 15 minutes to get into a match. As for the campaign (Spoiler) I really expected Dom to shoot himself after he shot his wife, I think it would have added a lot to the story. The campaign also needs some better boss fights the only one I really enjoyed was the one in the lake. Control wise the game is great and they should not be tampered with in any way.

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

A couple of things:

1. A true final boss like in Gears 1 that takes more skill to take out.
  2. The return of Horde mode with about 100 waves.
  3. A match finding system like in CoD4/WaW where you can be in a party and search for matches under the mode you want to play. (No voting).
  4. Dedicated servers to get rid of hosts. (and get rid of lag switching).
  5. A Beta to give gamers a chance to point out glitches, exploits, shots not registering properly, ect. before the game is shipped.
  6. 4 player co-op.

that's all I can think of right now.

qwertyoip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 qwertyoip
Member since 2007 • 1681 Posts

It would be nice if they didnt throw in characters with "DISPOSABLE" stamped all over their %$^@ing heads, and the next Carmine better not sound like A + B

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
I want epic boss fights.
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#14 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
The core gameplay is just fine by me, the only real improvement I'd like to see is a better narrative in the next one, and answers to all the questions that the second game brought up.
x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

7 v. 7 multiplayer