This topic is locked from further discussion.

rising141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rising141
Member since 2004 • 121 Posts
even though i have a 360 i really dont like gears and its the most overrated game in history, the story is dull and everyone loves fenix but he doesnt talk much its just that im a bad ass attitude, you have 4 guys in a empty world some general dude says they need to do this they go, they put a device below earth and boom wow big story.. it could have been great.. then the gameplay, cover kill cover repeat and its the same all the time its very repetitive. multiplayer, theres much better out there so.. yeah.. and gears 2 looks the same thing all over again what does it have that is so special? i hate to say it but this is almost just as bad as halo 3 ( the first was good) are people blind? i dont get it.. most people say: wow you have a 360 you need gears its so amazing..
Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
I agree that the story is pretty bleak and laughable,but it's still a fun game.Overrated? Yes.Horrible? No.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#3 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

Don't play it then

rising141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rising141

Overated?, this post is laughable.

The story is not the best, but its the best game on the 360 in my opinion.

69ANT69

the very best.. you havent played many games, cod4 for example even though is not my favorite

TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#7 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts

Gears does not have an amazing story but then its not suppost to its bad ass and fun just like EPIC intended and gears 2 might fix this the story looks great.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
I knew someone was going to make a "Gears of War is overrated" topic.
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#9 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts
[QUOTE="69ANT69"]

rising141

the very best.. you havent played many games, cod4 for example even though is not my favorite

why waste your time hating on this game you don't like it we get it.

SilverMtZion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SilverMtZion
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts
[QUOTE="69ANT69"]

rising141

COD4? O_o the story was so bad...
And all you do is run... and shoot?
69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts
[QUOTE="69ANT69"]

rising141

COD 4 is one of the best no doubt about it, it has a great multiplayer, but the campaign lets its down.

Cujo31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Cujo31
Member since 2002 • 2884 Posts

No one cares! Why are you wasting forum space on your personal hate with Gears. So you don't like it, write a blog about it then.

some people....make me sick.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mitu123
[QUOTE="rising141"][QUOTE="69ANT69"]

69ANT69

COD 4 is one of the best no doubt about it, it has a great multiplayer, but the campaign lets its down.

The campaign was like 5 hours, wasn't it?
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
noone cares what u think friend :)
69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts
[QUOTE="69ANT69"][QUOTE="rising141"][QUOTE="69ANT69"]

mitu123

The campaign was like 5 hours, wasn't it?

Yes, something like that.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mitu123
Yeah, that did kind of suck.
Supertramp20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 Supertramp20
Member since 2008 • 350 Posts
i agree that gears is overated
rising141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rising141
[QUOTE="rising141"][QUOTE="69ANT69"]

SilverMtZion

COD4? O_o the story was so bad...
And all you do is run... and shoot?

in terms of gameplay is much better more variety

havocz8189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 havocz8189
Member since 2003 • 141 Posts
Sure Gears is overrated, but in my opinion it is better than COD 4 and Halor 3 which are both grossly overrated games. Out of the 3 I would say COD has the best single player, Gears has the best multiplayer and Halo is just bleh.
rising141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rising141
this is a forum if no one agrees thats fine but like every other post its just an opnion to be discussed, i dont hate it, its not a bad game but it doesnt deserve the praise it got, i bought it based on opnions and reviews and was dissapointed.. i wouldnt care about the story if the game wasnt so repetitive, i did mention cod4 because its better but as i said there are better games out there, half life for example it deserves the score and does many things much better than gears and im only talking about episode 2 the other 2 dont count because they are old. bioshock though linear is also made in a much better way.. the so praised gears art style doesnt bring anything new.. there are many better games than gears imo
mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts

geeze dude... are paragraphs, punctuation, and spacing too much to ask? We are talking about a medium where the written word is all we have.

and I don't like it either, it's overrated, but you would be taken more seriously if you try a little harder on your presentation.

sanpreet8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sanpreet8
Member since 2008 • 2111 Posts

Gears is overated.

rising141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rising141

geeze dude... are paragraphs, punctuation, and spacing too much to ask? We are talking about a medium where the written word is all we have.

and I don't like it either, it's overrated, but you would be taken more seriously if you try a little harder on your presentation.

mfp16

maybe english is not my main, maybe everyone in the world dont write with all that grammar, everyone understands the only thing missing is paragraphs and i dont really think its really necessary to make it understandable. you can complain when there isnt any punctuation but i dont have all day to try and write everything so nice and pretty.. and even a portuguese writer got the nobel prize and he did write all his book without any punctuation.. yeah it was still good and it was still understandable

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts
[QUOTE="mfp16"]

rising141

maybe english is not my main, maybe everyone in the world dont write with all that grammar, everyone understands the only thing missing is paragraphs and i dont really think its really necessary to make it understandable. you can complain when there isnt any punctuation but i dont have all day to try and write everything so nice and pretty.. and even a portuguese writer got the nobel prize and he did write all his book without any punctuation.. yeah it was still good and it was still understandable

Call me crazy, but I would think making your writing understandable would be of the highest importance... thats just me though... you of course can have your own opinion.

rising141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rising141
also there are many more people here that write much worse that dont even use punctuation, why wont you go and say the same thing to all those people here in the forum.. i just hate the grammar police
Wunderkid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Wunderkid7
Member since 2008 • 247 Posts
I am sorry you all did not enjoy gears. It is by far the most fun I have had gaming wise on the 360. I guess don't buy Gears 2, not sure what else to say other than play something you like.
rising141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rising141
[QUOTE="rising141"][QUOTE="mfp16"]

mfp16

Call me crazy, but I would think making your writing understandable would be of the highest importance... thats just me though... you of course can have your own opinion.

it is understandable enough, if not people wouldnt write this post.. and youre the first one to ever say that so i think its not a huge problem. i dont mind people giving their opinion about that, there are some people that its not even understandable but sometimes its too much that i think it isnt necessary. its the internet not a language class

rising141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rising141

I am sorry you all did not enjoy gears. It is by far the most fun I have had gaming wise on the 360. I guess don't buy Gears 2, not sure what else to say other than play something you like. Wunderkid7

dont be lol. well if some really like it then they should play it thats what everyone should do, i also only play the games that i like its the same for most people, im just discussing the fact that for the scores and opnions it gets just arent right imo, there are many games that did better and got the same score or many got even less than it.. the game is far from perfect

MuffinPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MuffinPunk
Member since 2007 • 4845 Posts
God, Whoever says something is overrated just loses all respect in my eyes. If a lot of people like it and it gets good reviews then it's a good game. Get over it. You don't like it don't play it. Don't make retarded topics about it being overrated.
N9ne-xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 N9ne-xx
Member since 2008 • 317 Posts

even though i have a 360 i hate gears and its the most overrated game in history, the story is dull and everyone loves fenix but he doesnt talk much its just that im a bad ass attitude, you have 4 guys in a empty world some general dude says they need to do this they go, they put a device below earth and boom wow big story.. it could have been great.. then the gameplay, cover kill cover repeat and its the same all the time its very repetitive. multiplayer, theres much better out there so.. yeah.. and gears 2 looks the same thing all over again what does it have that is so special? i hate to say it but this is almost just as bad as halo 3 ( the first was good) are people blind? i dont get it.. most people say: wow you have a 360 you need gears its so amazing.. rising141

The story's pretty good acutally,

Marcus does talk. Cole train is still the best.

Empty world?, If that world is empty how's the inside of your house? Must be worse.

The gameplay; cover kill cover, what else are you suppose to do? Atleast it's not like Assassins Creed,
In real life your gonna have to cover kill cover, i wanna see you do different. You'll probably end up dead doing something different.

And if you don't like it, well that's your opinon but still come up with better reasons.

rising141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rising141

God, Whoever says something is overrated just loses all respect in my eyes. If a lot of people like it and it gets good reviews then it's a good game. Get over it. You don't like it don't play it. Don't make retarded topics about it being overrated.MuffinPunk

people that dont know what a forum is lose all respect in my eyes.. well dont post on the retarded topic then..

im not the first one to say it is, just because many people "like" it doesnt mean its good.. look at halo.. great sales yeah many say it sucks too, the problem with most of this games is that nowadays there are many people that dont have brains, as i said.. its not wrong liking the game it is not a bad game im only talking about all the overrated praise it gets by some fans and reviewers, if they really like it play it and i really think they should do that. i just hope you can read and understand why im discussing this subject

rising141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rising141

[QUOTE="rising141"]even though i have a 360 i hate gears and its the most overrated game in history, the story is dull and everyone loves fenix but he doesnt talk much its just that im a bad ass attitude, you have 4 guys in a empty world some general dude says they need to do this they go, they put a device below earth and boom wow big story.. it could have been great.. then the gameplay, cover kill cover repeat and its the same all the time its very repetitive. multiplayer, theres much better out there so.. yeah.. and gears 2 looks the same thing all over again what does it have that is so special? i hate to say it but this is almost just as bad as halo 3 ( the first was good) are people blind? i dont get it.. most people say: wow you have a 360 you need gears its so amazing.. N9ne-xx

The story's pretty good acutally,

Marcus does talk. Cole train is still the best.

Empty world?, If that world is empty how's the inside of your house? Must be worse.

The gameplay; cover kill cover, what else are you suppose to do? Atleast it's not like Assassins Creed,
In real life your gonna have to cover kill cover, i wanna see you do different. You'll probably end up dead doing something different.

And if you don't like it, well that's your opinon but still come up with better reasons.

i also only request people that like it come with better reasons why they do..

b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts

I don't play videogames for the story. If I did, I'd only play 2 games a year.

The gameplay in GoW is awesome. I played thru the campaign 4 times.

MuffinPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MuffinPunk
Member since 2007 • 4845 Posts

[QUOTE="MuffinPunk"]God, Whoever says something is overrated just loses all respect in my eyes. If a lot of people like it and it gets good reviews then it's a good game. Get over it. You don't like it don't play it. Don't make retarded topics about it being overrated.rising141

people that dont know what a forum is lose all respect in my eyes.. well dont post on the retarded topic then..

im not the first one to say it is, just because many people "like" it doesnt mean its good.. look at halo.. great sales yeah many say it sucks too, the problem with most of this games is that nowadays there are many people that dont have brains, as i said.. its not wrong liking the game it is not a bad game im only talking about all the overrated praise it gets by some fans and reviewers, if they really like it play it and i really think they should do that. i just hope you can read and understand why im discussing this subject

Whose to say that there are a lot of people who don't have brains. Your just posting about Gears of War being Overrated because you don't like it and the attention it gets. Don't try and make it seem like anything else. And forums are for conversation and debating, not bashing aimlessly. Overrated is a terrible word. It's screams opinion. I don't think it's the greatest but it's a helluvalot of fun. And I despise MGS4 but I would never say it's overrated because so many people like it and it has great reviews. So stop making this out to be some intelligent discussion of Gears because it's not.

Ashkan_pyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Ashkan_pyro
Member since 2004 • 157 Posts
yeh story of gamez SUCKS most of the time just a few like MGS has the story and it's not on 360 so......
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts
I definitely agree that it is overrated. But it isn't a horrible game. But not that close to the best.
rising141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rising141
[QUOTE="rising141"]

[QUOTE="MuffinPunk"]God, Whoever says something is overrated just loses all respect in my eyes. If a lot of people like it and it gets good reviews then it's a good game. Get over it. You don't like it don't play it. Don't make retarded topics about it being overrated.MuffinPunk

Whose to say that there are a lot of people who don't have brains. Your just posting about Gears of War being Overrated because you don't like it and the attention it gets. Don't try and make it seem like anything else. And forums are for conversation and debating, not bashing aimlessly. Overrated is a terrible word. It's screams opinion. I don't think it's the greatest but it's a helluvalot of fun. And I despise MGS4 but I would never say it's overrated because so many people like it and it has great reviews. So stop making this out to be some intelligent discussion of Gears because it's not.

i did not bash it aimlessly bacause i gave reasons why IMO it isnt a "perfect" game, i can post whatever i want so who are you to tell me what i should or shouldnt post? maybe just because a lot of people like it it doesnt mean its the greatest game ever ( as some say it is) because there are also a lot of people that say gears is overrated, gta is overrated, halo and some other games, i would like to understand how in the world can it be better than many other great games that do everything better in terms of gameplay, that comment about brains is that many are like sheep unfortunatly... halo for example? anyone can like it thats fine by me but i cant accept the scores it gets and some blind fanboys who say its really good when there are clearly better games, the same with gears.. it cant be an intelligent discussion about gears because fanboys dont even let it to be, i gave reasons i expect people that like it to counter what i said not just say bah you need to die gears is great, great gameplay story but then dont give a reason why its that way

totaldj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 totaldj
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts
average score of gears at gamerankings is 94%...so what you are trying to say is that everyone overrated it ?
expandingeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 expandingeye
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts
Noone cares you dont like gears. I dont like gears either but do i feel a need to make a thread telling everyone? Nope.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
the story is short thats realy what i can think of.
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts

don´t play it then gather with your family and play buzz or wii fit with your girlfriend

there´s no better games like gow or halo online so shut up!

buy the f§§§§n ps3 and play sh££ty games like KZ2 or resistance u suck!

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
well thats your opinion
Microsoftest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Microsoftest
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Gears of War isnt right for everybody.

Find a game that suits you better!

Gears of War is just a great game like Halo that you can play with your friends, It's an action shooter, which is really supposed to be the fun part.

:)

neovalkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 neovalkyr
Member since 2003 • 1097 Posts
I've had so much fun playing gears online, because it can be tatical. taking cover in a real life fire fights is very important, which is what makes gears so fun. Ive taken down entire teams single handedly, because i chose to blind fire around corners while they just run up to me thinking ill be an easy kill.
Jonas008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jonas008
Member since 2006 • 428 Posts

even though i have a 360 i really dont like gears and its the most overrated game in history, the story is dull and everyone loves fenix but he doesnt talk much its just that im a bad ass attitude, you have 4 guys in a empty world some general dude says they need to do this they go, they put a device below earth and boom wow big story.. it could have been great.. then the gameplay, cover kill cover repeat and its the same all the time its very repetitive. multiplayer, theres much better out there so.. yeah.. and gears 2 looks the same thing all over again what does it have that is so special? i hate to say it but this is almost just as bad as halo 3 ( the first was good) are people blind? i dont get it.. most people say: wow you have a 360 you need gears its so amazing.. rising141

have you really played the game? also we we are 2008 and the game came out on 2006 at look at its graphics many games doesnt even have graphics like that.. and the gameplay of gears of war its pretty awsome anyways.. go play wii if you dont like games like gow (A)!

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#47 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I loved the game! but that's just MY poinion :P
FrostyMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FrostyMD
Member since 2008 • 132 Posts

I loved to laugh at the overwraught, poorly done tough guy dialogue.

But the game and multiplayer were downright fun and gory. Always a winning combination.