gears 2 multiplayer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

marcoz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 marcoz92
Member since 2008 • 148 Posts

i always thought that gears of war should have a moliplayer with alot more players and bigger areas....and also that players should have less health so that the gameplay is faster and it is easier to get kills....i think that if they change those 2 things in gears 2 it is REALLY going to be awesome:shock:

what do you think? am i right?:question: i also think that in gears 1 multiplayer theres a lot of luck..i mean when two players are shooting one to each other with the shotgun...they quite always shoot without aiming hping to hit the enemy because it is quicker...dont you think so?

pls tell me what you think;)

karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
Part of GOW's multi-player, I think, was being able to keep track of the situation: who was where, what weapons were in use. Another big part, for me, was that a skillful player could still turn the tide of a match if their team had died. There's nothing more satisfying than wiping out an entire team single-handedly. 5 vs. 5 is a good number I think, but huge maps and a quicker death would be detrimental to the gameplay.
Avatar image for DoomBringer2010
DoomBringer2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 DoomBringer2010
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts
well i dont kno about big areas(mauselom was big enough)and they are making it so it is 5v5 other than that i dont think they should change the formula it is still good
dxy592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dxy592
Member since 2006 • 1505 Posts
Gears multiplayer takes skill when you eliminate the lag factor. You have to be smart, time your shots, and aim when it counts. I like Gears multiplayer because it is so different from a standard shooter. There is no respawning so being careful and tactical is a large factor in the game. Coordinating with your team is critical to success and none of the weapons feel overpowered.
Hector90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hector90
Member since 2004 • 331 Posts

i always thought that gears of war should have a moliplayer with alot more players and bigger areas....and also that players should have less health so that the gameplay is faster and it is easier to get kills....i think that if they change those 2 things in gears 2 it is REALLY going to be awesome:shock:

what do you think? am i right?:question: i also think that in gears 1 multiplayer theres a lot of luck..i mean when two players are shooting one to each other with the shotgun...they quite always shoot without aiming hping to hit the enemy because it is quicker...dont you think so?

marcoz92

if they did that then it would be unreal tournament.

Firex777x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Firex777x
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts

one reason i liked Gears' multiplayer was because it was 4v4.

and 5v5 is perfect if you ask me i don't like huge servers they create lag and confusion.

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
i like the way it is now i don't think they need to change the multiplayer other than adding 2 more player slots now for a 5v5, sum ppl still aim to shoot with a shotgun i no i do still lol its my thing watever
xxIMoRTaLlxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xxIMoRTaLlxx
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts

marcoz92

5 people is good

anything more then that and gears would lose its taste

it wouldnt be tactical anymore, throw in more players, vehicles and larger maps, you just got another shooter

But Gears is unique with 3rd person, gore and the coer system, somehow these would get lost if you had more people and bigger maps to support them.

Also, another good thing about Gears is that when you play it it scares the crap out of you while also feeling bada**

If you dont have a lot of health (which honestly I dont think you do) then you lose that bada**ness

DivinitySkate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 DivinitySkate
Member since 2008 • 485 Posts
It's 5 vs 5 which is perfect in my opinion, also rumors are going around that they are making a guest system like in halo 2 and 3.
jbasso07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jbasso07
Member since 2006 • 77 Posts

It's 5 vs 5 which is perfect in my opinion, also rumors are going around that they are making a guest system like in halo 2 and 3.DivinitySkate

Guest system, what do you mean? There is gonna be matchmaking in Gears 2, though.

Avatar image for Keitarourashima
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Keitarourashima
Member since 2004 • 1422 Posts

lol, MOLIplayer... reminds me of Austin Powers.

Anyway, I'd hate it if they made it easier to get kills, then it'd be like every fps where the first one who see's the other one gets the kill, it's too simple and hard at the same time, too easy to kill and too easy to die.

And I'd also hate bigger areas, the best things about the Gears multi-maps is the that it allows you to lay down some strategies and ambushes, then throw in like 16 vs 16 or something and u have a weird "2 fat guys in little hottub" thing going... I mean the characters are huge. I think what u want is just another FPS, sounds like it anyway. The current pace is good, New modes, no host advantages, and the fact that the chainsaw isn't an instant kill anymore is the winning concept for me.

InjuredNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 InjuredNoodle
Member since 2006 • 1077 Posts

I think the maps are the perfect size. I always avoid the "camping" maps such as Bullet Marsh and Rooftops though. Bigger maps may be required for 5 vs 5 though.

Mwright68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mwright68
Member since 2004 • 384 Posts
host powers have got to go...that is all
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts

It's 5 vs 5 which is perfect in my opinion, also rumors are going around that they are making a guest system like in halo 2 and 3.DivinitySkate

Gears 1 has a "guest system."

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts

No Just No as an ex gears player that was in a good clan that would compelty ruin the gameplay the health is part of what makes the game and the 4v4 (now 5v5) Tight action packed gameplay is how its done

Your obiously not a big gears fan because youd no this is what the fans want so ill just stop now

-Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Fox
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts
i like 5 vs 5, since otherwise if you threw 16 people in there, it would take FOREVER for the matches to end, since people would get lame and hide and one thing leading to another it would just not be good times.
nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 nickyb628
Member since 2005 • 10303 Posts
5v5 sounds good to me. Your ideas, no offense, aren't good. As others have stated that isn't what Gears is about. I like the tight, confined maps and the more personal touch with less people than usual multiplayer. Get rid of host advantage and the game will be money.
I3loo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 I3loo
Member since 2008 • 184 Posts

no.

small maps and small teams is what made gears1 very unique.

it worked well, why change it up?

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#19 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts
Gears of War 2 is gonna be 5 on 5 and the chainsaw battle seems like It's gonna be fun.
honkyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#20 honkyjoe
Member since 2005 • 5907 Posts
Bigger maps everyone would just hide. As for less health. why dont they just power up the weapons?
Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts

lol, MOLIplayer... reminds me of Austin Powers.

Anyway, I'd hate it if they made it easier to get kills, then it'd be like every fps where the first one who see's the other one gets the kill, it's too simple and hard at the same time, too easy to kill and too easy to die.

And I'd also hate bigger areas, the best things about the Gears multi-maps is the that it allows you to lay down some strategies and ambushes, then throw in like 16 vs 16 or something and u have a weird "2 fat guys in little hottub" thing going... I mean the characters are huge. I think what u want is just another FPS, sounds like it anyway. The current pace is good, New modes, no host advantages, and the fact that the chainsaw isn't an instant kill anymore is the winning concept for me.

Keitarourashima

This post pretty much summarises what I was going to say, so I'll just quote it, lol.