Gears 2 coming to PC all 360 games end up on PC?????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rick1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rick1990
Member since 2005 • 45 Posts
So many of 360 games are ending up on the computer because microsoft is trying to prove that computer gaming is not dead. but can we really call games like mass effect exclusive cause its on pc aswell just like left 4 dead fable 1 was on pc so i assume the 2nd one will aswell (even though it was **** same with gears 1 that was on pc even though the developer stated that gears 2 wont be coming out on pc we all know that m$ is in charge and they will port it over same with halo 3 bet ya 10bucks tthat it will come out on pc like the first 2. whats the point of buying a 360 then if u have a got computer?
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts

Epic said that Gears 2 isn't going on to the PC cause it won't be worth it financially. So it won't. I'm not sure how you worked it out in your head that you know Epic's plans better than Epic does.

And even if it was going to come out on the PC, who cares? More people get to enjoy the game, how does that have any negative effect on you whatsoever?

rakan959

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 rakan959
Member since 2008 • 422 Posts

Actually, you raise a very interesting point.  It seems that a lot of the better 360 games (and even some of the crappy ones, to be honest) are being ported over to PC.  The reason M$ is still calling them exclusive is, the games are Windows only; M$ is still making money, and you still have to buy a product from them to be able to play the game (that being a form of Windows).  So, wether you choose to buy a 360 and play there, or buy a computer, load Vista on it, and play there, it's still a M$ exclusive title.

StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 StealthKnife
Member since 2008 • 2104 Posts

Epic said that Gears 2 isn't going on to the PC cause it won't be worth it financially. So it won't. I'm not sure how you worked it out in your head that you know Epic's plans better than Epic does.

And even if it was going to come out on the PC, who cares? More people get to enjoy the game, how does that have any negative effect on you whatsoever?

vendettared468
it will, microsoft breaks promises... lets hope on PC the online is better
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts
[QUOTE="vendettared468"]

StealthKnife

Search the pre-release interviews with Cliffy B and he talks about it. And it wasn't a promise to make 360 owner's happy, it was a financial decision made by the company. They decided that it would be more profitable to focus on the 360. Whether we like it or not, The Gaming Industry is an industry, and it's there to make money.

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
Cliff already said that Gears 2 is NEVER comming to the PC.
zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts
they already said a while back gears 2 is not coming out for pc.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
[QUOTE="vendettared468"]

StealthKnife

what does microsoft have to do with Epic games?

Avatar image for AnotherMulligan
AnotherMulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AnotherMulligan
Member since 2008 • 237 Posts

Who really cares? It only means more people will get to play great games.

The only thing i'd be worried about if GEars 2 went to the PC, which it won't, is that they'd add in all the best stuff for the PC like they did with the first gears. 

Shoot2KillHim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shoot2KillHim
Member since 2008 • 314 Posts
[QUOTE="StealthKnife"][QUOTE="vendettared468"]

vendettared468

Search the pre-release interviews with Cliffy B and he talks about it. And it wasn't a promise to make 360 owner's happy, it was a financial decision made by the company. They decided that it would be more profitable to focus on the 360. Whether we like it or not, The Gaming Industry is an industry, and it's there to make money.

ok get over it dude, its coming to PC im telling you it will... i rang up hervey norman today looking for gears 1 on PC, wasnt there and the guy said that there is a platinum version of GEARS OF WAR 2! coming out on PC sometime next year so eat my words mr i know everything. every g dev says this and yet it comes out on PC, theyve sold almost 3million copies in the opening weekend and lots more xbl sign ins on that weekend at that so whats stopping them from making it on PC? hmmm?. my gamertag "was" FXLV ShAdOw47 since i sold my xbox360 because it broke all the time! i woke up every morning wondering if it was working! so i sold it and got a wii u see. and now im looking forward to see if it comes out on PC as a platinum! 50/50 so stop saying it wont when every game dev says that. and yet it still comes out ^^
bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts
lol cmon as if gears 2 isnt coming to PC people and whats the big deal? getting a better version of the game never hurt anyone
KoRn_Eddy_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KoRn_Eddy_88
Member since 2005 • 1619 Posts
[QUOTE="vendettared468"][QUOTE="StealthKnife"]it will, microsoft breaks promises... lets hope on PC the online is betterShoot2KillHim

ok get over it dude, its coming to PC im telling you it will... i rang up hervey norman today looking for gears 1 on PC, wasnt there and the guy said that there is a platinum version of GEARS OF WAR 2! coming out on PC sometime next year so eat my words mr i know everything. every g dev says this and yet it comes out on PC, theyve sold almost 3million copies in the opening weekend and lots more xbl sign ins on that weekend at that so whats stopping them from making it on PC? hmmm?. my gamertag "was" FXLV ShAdOw47 since i sold my xbox360 because it broke all the time! i woke up every morning wondering if it was working! so i sold it and got a wii u see. and now im looking forward to see if it comes out on PC as a platinum! 50/50 so stop saying it wont when every game dev says that. and yet it still comes out ^^

you sir are full of lies
KoRn_Eddy_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KoRn_Eddy_88
Member since 2005 • 1619 Posts
[QUOTE="vendettared468"][QUOTE="StealthKnife"]it will, microsoft breaks promises... lets hope on PC the online is betterShoot2KillHim

you sir are full of lies
ExtremeOne316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ExtremeOne316
Member since 2008 • 742 Posts

get use to the fact that Epic is now a console developer and they want Gears 2 to stay on the 360 .

xsqmko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 xsqmko
Member since 2004 • 517 Posts

Who cares about this :)))

When an x360 title comes on PC is probably after a year or so...when WE....the X360 players are bored to death....playing that game

It's a little bait and pitty for the PC users.

GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 GANGSTASAN
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts
[QUOTE="vendettared468"]

QFT^^
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Epic didnt port Gears 1 to the pc, they out-sourced it to some Polish company.
Rainbow_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rainbow_Lion
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts
I hope it does, my PC has much better graphics than my "fuzzy" 360 :(
Rainbow_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rainbow_Lion
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts
[QUOTE="Shoot2KillHim"][QUOTE="vendettared468"]

KoRn_Eddy_88

you sir are full of lies

Only a maniac would trade a 360 for a Wii this guys clearly deluded :lol:
maxmax1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20 maxmax1234
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts

Why do you made this topic, they sad it isnt coming to the PC, and losers like you want some profile views so they make something up.

So just top making these stupid topics

b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
I wouldn't doubt Gears 2 goes to PC. On the other hand, I don't think Gears 1 sold well on the PC.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
it probly will come to the PC as rockstar said that gta 4 won't be on the PC but it just came out for it a couple weeks ago. so did mass effect, gears 1, gta 4, all of these games were said they won't be coming to pc but did. i don't care about gears 2, i didn't like the fist one it was alright.
Shoot2KillHim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Shoot2KillHim
Member since 2008 • 314 Posts
[QUOTE="KoRn_Eddy_88"][QUOTE="Shoot2KillHim"] ok get over it dude, its coming to PC im telling you it will... i rang up hervey norman today looking for gears 1 on PC, wasnt there and the guy said that there is a platinum version of GEARS OF WAR 2! coming out on PC sometime next year so eat my words mr i know everything. every g dev says this and yet it comes out on PC, theyve sold almost 3million copies in the opening weekend and lots more xbl sign ins on that weekend at that so whats stopping them from making it on PC? hmmm?. my gamertag "was" FXLV ShAdOw47 since i sold my xbox360 because it broke all the time! i woke up every morning wondering if it was working! so i sold it and got a wii u see. and now im looking forward to see if it comes out on PC as a platinum! 50/50 so stop saying it wont when every game dev says that. and yet it still comes out ^^Rainbow_Lion
you sir are full of lies

Only a maniac would trade a 360 for a Wii this guys clearly deluded :lol:

no no my good sir, just sick of it braking every month and me sending it to microsoft and haivng to play the freaking Ps2 all month, not literally every month but i really just got sick of it. the wii is a substitute untill i get a job and buy a Ps3 ^^ either way idc anymore as long as i have a GoW2 pc game with me. or no1 its not much different i think. just polished up and a more things to do, new lvs etc, dont flame me btw =.= as i said ive got my pc to help me with my online and that until i get a Ps3.
Zweihand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zweihand
Member since 2008 • 608 Posts

So many of 360 games are ending up on the computer because microsoft is trying to prove that computer gaming is not dead. but can we really call games like mass effect exclusive cause its on pc aswell just like left 4 dead fable 1 was on pc so i assume the 2nd one will aswell (even though it was **** same with gears 1 that was on pc even though the developer stated that gears 2 wont be coming out on pc we all know that m$ is in charge and they will port it over same with halo 3 bet ya 10bucks tthat it will come out on pc like the first 2. whats the point of buying a 360 then if u have a got computer?rick1990

$300 toy vs. $2000+ computer.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
because most people cant afford high end PCs that run games as well as the 360
Str8_2_Heaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Str8_2_Heaven
Member since 2005 • 59 Posts

Zweihand

Your "$300 toy" needs another $1000+ for a decent 32" 1080p HDTV in order to fully enjoy the full capability the Xbox 360 has to offer. And, another $350+ for a standard 5.1 ch home theatre if you really want to be fully immersed into the games.

@ rick1990

One of the reasons why people buy console is its simplicity; you pop the disc in and the game starts. No need to worry about the installation, compatibility issue, etc. Not all people know much about computer, let alone, installing and patching games.

But I bought gaming consoles: Xbox 360, PS2, etc. because I hate the fact that I need to spend my money every six months on a newer and better hardware like the graphic card and so on. Stopped doing that since GeForce DDR. LOL.

Zweihand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zweihand
Member since 2008 • 608 Posts
[QUOTE="Zweihand"]

Str8_2_Heaven

Your "$300 toy" needs another $1000+ for a decent 32" 1080p HDTV in order to fully enjoy the full capability the Xbox 360 has to offer. And, another $350+ for a standard 5.1 ch home theatre if you really want to be fully immersed into the games.

For that much money, I'd rather just invest in a decent gaming PC, because at least then I can use a mouse and keyboard to play FPS's, which is the way they were meant to be played. Granted, I'm not a huge FPS fan, but still, what is this, 1996? Why are we still settling for less when it comes to playing FPS on a console? We played Goldeneye and Perfect Dark with that horrible clunky N64 pad because there was no other way to play it. Now, in an age of choosing to play with proper controls vs limited (analog stick) controls, why is console gaming really that great anymore?

Str8_2_Heaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Str8_2_Heaven
Member since 2005 • 59 Posts

For that much money, I'd rather just invest in a decent gaming PC, because at least then I can use a mouse and keyboard to play FPS's, which is the way they were meant to be played. Granted, I'm not a huge FPS fan, but still, what is this, 1996? Why are we still settling for less when it comes to playing FPS on a console? We played Goldeneye and Perfect Dark with that horrible clunky N64 pad because there was no other way to play it. Now, in an age of choosing to play with proper controls vs limited (analog stick) controls, why is console gaming really that great anymore? Zweihand

I agree with the control issue but if you read my respond to rick1990, then you will know why some people are still buying gaming consoles. By the way, that rough estimate is for people who really want to go that far in that direction. Besides, that amount of money does not only get you a good platform for gaming but also for watching movies and such, especially the 5.1 ch home theatre.

On the other hand, $2000+ PC does not offer that much as a home entertainment device. 22" LCD screen VS. 32" LCD TV. 5.1 ch analogue PC speakers VS. 5.1 ch digital home theatre system. You get the point. Also, I can hook my notebook up with the LCD TV anytime I want to use some programs or surfing the net.

But don't get me wrong comparing PC and gaming consoles is like comparing apples and oranges. I am just trying to explain why some people would rather spend their money on the gaming consoles than on PC. PS. For other people, an Xbox 360 and a SDTV is enough for the good old console gaming fun.