Gaming or girlfriend?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

corb77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 corb77
Member since 2003 • 464 Posts

I've been with my girlfriend for over 5 years now and lucky for me shes a gamer too, but i had a friend who finshed with his missis because she hated him gaming!

So i ask you gamers out there what would you do if your girlfriend said "its me or the xbox...who you gonna pick?"

krovak0000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 krovak0000
Member since 2004 • 214 Posts
Such an easy question.... Does your 360 give you action? (And I DONT mean gameplay wise) :), pretty simple decesion for anyone over age 15 or so.... I would prefer a girl over 360 anytime, now girlfriend wise... You shouldn't be with a girl you can't convince to let you be a gamer if you are indeed a gamer... That's a BAD BAD combo, specially if your an MMO fan haha
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
People will flood in saying girlfriend, the way I look at it, if she's so deadset on changing you then she isn't worth it to begin with. Xbox 360 all the way!!! Seriously though, compromise is fine, you can limit your gaming and spend time with her...but if she wants it gone completely then it's her that needs to go.
corb77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 corb77

Ahhhh yes sex...problem with girlfriends are the longer your with them the more they tend to say no when you wont a snuggle lol so if you get rid of the chick keep your xbox and just go out and get laid in a pub each week lol mabye a few trips needed at the sex clinic though lol you never know whet you mite catch ;)

paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 paulokoenigkam
Member since 2005 • 3930 Posts
I love this kind of topics, makes us gamers seem so laaaame... I pick WOMEN over videogames anyday. But girlfriends... Let me put it this way, if the girl doesn't like games is fine, I'll avoid gaming or even talking about it around her, but if she is a jerk about it, something like "your videogame or me!", I'll pick the videogame, and look for either a gamer girl (which is rare around here), or at least a comprehensive one. My girlfriend doesn't like videogames, but she accepts the fact that I do though. Again: Women > Videogames, anyday. Sex > Videogames, anyday. Having a good time with a significant other > videogames, anyday. Though I won't quit playing because of one woman, I'll just find another one that likes/respects/accepts a gamer.
slim-pagey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 slim-pagey
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts
easy choice, nuttin compares to the gash ting lolz
slim-pagey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 slim-pagey
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts
easy choice, nuttin compares to the gash ting lolz
kosen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kosen11
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Gaming has ruined enough of my relationships. My girlfriend dumped me back in the Counter-Strike days because I wouldn't pay attention to her besides between rounds. I didn't even know I was dumped till she walked out the room and I stopped playing hours later.

After that WoW came and almost ruined it again for me with another girl, but I cut back and decided getting laid was more important than getting better epic gear.

Now I game barely at all. I miss it a lot, but my sex life has gotten a lot better because of it. Girls > Gaming. There's only so much pleasure you can get from on screen characters ;).

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

If your girlfriend is trying to change who you are, than she's not worth it. My girlfiend respects that I like gaming.

ufcfan1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ufcfan1987
Member since 2009 • 386 Posts

Gaming has ruined enough of my relationships. My girlfriend dumped me back in the Counter-Strike days because I wouldn't pay attention to her besides between rounds. I didn't even know I was dumped till she walked out the room and I stopped playing hours later.

After that WoW came and almost ruined it again for me with another girl, but I cut back and decided getting laid was more important than getting better epic gear.

Now I game barely at all. I miss it a lot, but my sex life has gotten a lot better because of it. Girls > Gaming. There's only so much pleasure you can get from on screen characters ;).

kosen11

you poor man

corb77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 corb77

I have to admit its great that you all pick your girlfriend but your only picking your girlfriend because of sex! dosnt sound like it has anything else to do with love or company...

try taking sex out of it and then what would you pick?

VezTheNoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 VezTheNoob
Member since 2008 • 383 Posts
I would have to say gaming. Girlfriends become too much of a hassle after a while. First they want you to stop gaming, then they want you to buy em stuff all the time, then they want you to quit hanging out with your friends and after they have totally taken over your life, they quit putting out and start treating you like a slave/piece of dirt/source of income (no offense ladies, just speaking from personal experience =) . I think if a girl really loves you she won't mind if you play games as long as you don't overdo it. Balance, its all about the balance.
PS2Dude89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 PS2Dude89
Member since 2004 • 1747 Posts
Girlfriend definitly anyday. My girlfriend is great! She likes to play some video games like Halo 3, Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter and she even bought me a Nintendo DS and New SMB for Christmas and my Bday. When I'm with her I rarely play video games, unless we are playing Halo online together, because she is way more important than video games and I have a better time with her than with video games.
corb77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 corb77
I think any guys who put girlfriends over gaming our guys who havnt been in a long term relationship...ITS TRUE WOMEN STOP PUTTING OUT AFTER TIME!!!
dubb55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dubb55
Member since 2005 • 127 Posts

Since I am a girl I know you have to balance gaming and a girlfriend or you end up with one or the other,,,,,,,,,,,

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts
Gaming, no question. If some chick said "Me or the Xbox," then screw her. If someone wants me to give up my favorite, harmless hobby, then she can go to hell. I'll play Team Fortress all week, then go to the bar on the weekend to find an upgrade.
ufcfan1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ufcfan1987
Member since 2009 • 386 Posts

I think any guys who put girlfriends over gaming our guys who havnt been in a long term relationship...ITS TRUE WOMEN STOP PUTTING OUT AFTER TIME!!! corb77

ive been with my girl for 3 years and nothing has changed. she knows that i play and she plays sometimes too.but i told her if we ever move in together that i am having a room for my stuff i.e. games, guitars etc

Avatar image for deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
deactivated-5c37d3adcd094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
Member since 2006 • 8362 Posts
They got divorced because he spent too much time gaming? Oh dear..
corb77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 corb77

lol i was waiting to see a girl come on this topic lol :p

Dont get me wrong not all girls are evil but the ones i've known have been lol :)

But i'm saying all the lads who pick girls and saying that they pick girls just for the sex...now thats worse than just picking gameing lol

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts
Oh, something more: I've been gaming since I was wee, over 20 years. In that time I've had innumerable girlfriends. Statistically, gaming's a sure thing, whereas a girlfriend has terrible odds.
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
gaming its just another activity relationships are other dimension, builds your mind and makes grow stuff xD so girls
doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#22 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
the girl any day
PhoenixVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 PhoenixVenom
Member since 2008 • 706 Posts

I've been with my girlfriend for over 5 years now and lucky for me shes a gamer too, but i had a friend who finshed with his missis because she hated him gaming!

So i ask you gamers out there what would you do if your girlfriend said "its me or the xbox...who you gonna pick?"

corb77

me too ive been with my girl alittle over 3 years and shes a gamer too. not to the extent that i am but we play games together she really likes the lego games. But i also get to do my gaming too with my fighting and action games.

as for "its me or the xbox...who you gonna pick?" if a girl doesnt understand that gaming is a part of my life and doesnt want to get used to it and wants to change me then id kick her ass to the curb. Thats what i am a gamer and im not changing it or giving it up to please someone. ive been gaming since i was like 5 and dont plan on stopping anytime soon

paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 paulokoenigkam
Oh, something more: I've been gaming since I was wee, over 20 years. In that time I've had innumerable girlfriends. Statistically, gaming's a sure thing, whereas a girlfriend has terrible odds.Palantas
Palantas is my hero LOL!
Avatar image for KevComesRipping
KevComesRipping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 KevComesRipping
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts
I've been with my girl for over 4 years now.. and if she gave me an ultimatum like that, she'd hit the bricks, I play games with nearly all of my friends, and keep in touch with friends that don't live nearby anymore, bros and vidgeos before hoes man.
paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 paulokoenigkam
I'm with my girlfriend for almost 2 years now, and like I said, she doesn't like videogames, but she respects the fact that I do. I never deny her attention or anything, and I completly separate my gaming life from her, however, I always told her to respect the fact that I'm a hardcore gamer to my very heart, and I don't intend stop being one. It's like if I have traced a line, between my gaming habits and my relationship. I make sure my gaming habits never cross the line, and I tell her to never cross over on top of my habit as well. I won't change who I am, never, but I don't bother her, she doesn't bother me. Read my sig and you'll understand... "the more I know people... the more I like my dog and my videogame. / Videogames may die on you, but they'll never betray you"
Zach68486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#27 Zach68486
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
If she wants to change me because I'm a gamer, then she ain't worth the trouble anyway, to be honest. If your girl doesn't accept you for who you are, then I'd say leave her. I'd accept her hobbies, so she should accept mine too. You know?
RockysCatnipCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 RockysCatnipCo
Member since 2005 • 3165 Posts
You shouldn't have to pick between the two to begin with.
Avatar image for Un4givingAsault
Un4givingAsault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 Un4givingAsault
Member since 2008 • 1053 Posts

Balance of Both?

Making_Pudding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Making_Pudding
Member since 2008 • 518 Posts
Your Xbox 360 is loyal. It will never ask too much of you. It will never scold you. It will never leave you. If you dump it in a trash can and come back the night after to recover it, it will forgive you. If you sell it on eBay and then buy it back, it will still love you. If you break its faceplate, it'll worry about looking ugly in your eyes. If it RRODs, it will be depressed for the two weeks it spends away from you. With all that said, I'd say a girlfriend is better. 360 doesn't offer sex.
jirca87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jirca87
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts
Lucky for me I won't have to make that choice. My fiancee knows how much I enjoy it and even had an Xbox and a Ps2 when I met her. She prefers the milder games though, like Katamari and the Lego games. She does have the first 2 Halos, though.
Xternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#32 Xternal
Member since 2005 • 530 Posts
I chose girlfriend, but still; if your girlfriend wants to change you, you don't suit each other :)
RogueSniperT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RogueSniperT
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Its funny to say this because I'm a girl. But I say gaming. lol I mean don't have a girlfriend but if she puts you in a sticky situation then I think thats a sign that she can't accept who you are and what you like to do.

Well thats mine 2 cent. ^^

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#34 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Well, I'd make her stop participating in her favorite hobby if she went there. If she can't give something up for me I see no reason to do the same. Giving up gaming wouldn't be so bad, but I'd rather not be in a relationship where I have to abide by some stupid rules.
imperial_agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#35 imperial_agent
Member since 2006 • 2195 Posts

Gaming, no question. If some chick said "Me or the Xbox," then screw her. If someone wants me to give up my favorite, harmless hobby, then she can go to hell. I'll play Team Fortress all week, then go to the bar on the weekend to find an upgrade.Palantas

quoted for truth.

Gerardo1963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 Gerardo1963
Member since 2003 • 345 Posts
If she wants to change me because I'm a gamer, then she ain't worth the trouble anyway, to be honest. If your girl doesn't accept you for who you are, then I'd say leave her. I'd accept her hobbies, so she should accept mine too. You know?Zach68486
Exactly! Im a gamer and ive been with my girl for over a year now! And as 4 her, well she likes playing videogames too! Everytime im on my ps3 i call her and she picks up and we talk she goes and gets her DS! Not only does she also have a ps3 but she has an xbox too!:P
Trogeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#37 Trogeton
Member since 2005 • 2776 Posts
simple.. if you currently have a xbox360.. and a girlfriend, and you had to choose, to make it all easy.. if you want girlfriend.. just get rid of the xbox, and I REALLY doubt the people above are getting rid of their xbox, so their for.. it's all lies, I don't know ANYone that would do that anyways. OR just play your games when its just you, unless ya'll live together.. just play when you get the chance.. I have both, I don't need to give up something for someone yes I said that right, I keep my games and my lover
simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts
I would say I don't have to pick **** You either love me or you don't. I'm not going to give up my gaming for my girlfriend, but I'm not gonna give up my girlfriend because I like to game.
Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
well, play with you grilfriends then.
centruroides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#40 centruroides
Member since 2007 • 233 Posts
GIRLS!, 4 god sake isnt a hard decition!, games are a pass-time, girls are that also so are hundred of things more!, my girl doesnt get mad if im gaming but i usually get things well balanced, i agree with the "accept u just like u are" also...but well, im 22, so maybe just the age XD
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
Girlfriends are over-rated. :P
ilton45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ilton45
Member since 2008 • 186 Posts

kosen11
Not only is laid getting better than games, LIFE itself is better than games... I love games, but you have to learn to balance things, even without a girlfriend.... You sound like you had some serious issues with gaming... If gaming has ruined even just one of your relationships, then you have to reevaluate things.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
if she really likes/loves you, then she wont give u the ultimatum
MJ_SPARTAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MJ_SPARTAN
Member since 2009 • 91 Posts
Let's be realistic here half of the people who replied here have never actually been in a relationship since they simply cite sex as to why they would rather keep the girlfriend. With that being said you never should have to choose between the two unless you are so addicted to games such as the WoW addicts. If that is the case then you deserve to die a lonely death. Just keep it in moderation. Balance is key with everything including scooby mcdoobies.
ilton45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ilton45
Member since 2008 • 186 Posts
I'm with my girlfriend for almost 2 years now, and like I said, she doesn't like videogames, but she respects the fact that I do. I never deny her attention or anything, and I completly separate my gaming life from her, however, I always told her to respect the fact that I'm a hardcore gamer to my very heart, and I don't intend stop being one. It's like if I have traced a line, between my gaming habits and my relationship. I make sure my gaming habits never cross the line, and I tell her to never cross over on top of my habit as well. I won't change who I am, never, but I don't bother her, she doesn't bother me. Read my sig and you'll understand... "the more I know people... the more I like my dog and my videogame. / Videogames may die on you, but they'll never betray you"paulokoenigkam
I agree with you, but there are people who don't have that balance. Some people just spend ALL their time playing video games. I have been with my girlfriend for 3 years in April, and she never bothered me because I usually don't play if she's here, and recently, thanks to Left 4 Dead, she plays video games!!! That's a win-win.
lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts

lol i dont get it? why do you have to choose? i mean do you/any one game so much that they never see there GF? WTH would cause her to to be jealous to that degree? i say if you really like her and she likes you she wouldnt make you make that idiotic choice, thats insane on both sides!

Myzz617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Myzz617
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts
Girlfriends are over-rated. :PBigboi500
Thats why u needa find and make u a baby mama lmao I love em both, family first though and i am constantly looking for female gamer friends ;) what else is sexier?
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Girlfriends are over-rated. :PMyzz617
Thats why u needa find and make u a baby mama lmao I love em both, family first though and i am constantly looking for female gamer friends ;) what else is sexier?

lol I have one but she isn't into games much. She's played an hour or two in FFXII and is just starting TLoZ: Ocarina of Time but will no doubt give up on it after a few more tries despite me trying to help her through it, she just don't have the patience.

Thankfully she don't give me any static over me playing them.

GhostMechine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GhostMechine
Member since 2009 • 34 Posts
Gaming...it doesn't talk back! Seriously though...if the girlfriend or boyfriend is that insicure (spelled that wrong) that they have to make you choose over games or them, why would you want to be with them. They should wanto see you happy and if games do that, then they should respect that. Also though everything is best in moderation to.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
To me it's easy a relationship with someone is a lot more important than a hobby. Video games can be bought years after release so there's no rush. If you truly enjoy being with the person choose the girl over the games. It's like choosing between your dog or electronics in a fire you can always buy things. Luckily though i found an amazing girl that enjoys watching me play games. Though she's not good at them lol.