Games you regret

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MarkesSwatia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MarkesSwatia
Member since 2011 • 56 Posts

Any games you totally regret buying?

You just think why the heck did i buy that??

For me its too human. It sucked

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
The only game I bought on xbox360 I regreted was FFXI. I was quiting WoW but still wanted a MMORPG I could play off and on with my console. It was horrible, good thing it was only like 10 bucks.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
Dead Rising and Fable 2.
Enid_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Enid_Green
Member since 2010 • 1261 Posts

Gears of War

*dodges incoming projectile rotten produce*

MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts

OF:dragon rising and alone in the dark worst games ever

XCNormX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 XCNormX
Member since 2010 • 466 Posts

Bulletstorm, like a day after I had beat it I just kept saying to myself "why did I buy this?" and a day after I kept saying that I returned it to Gamestop.

Lost Planet was another game I regret getting but I've held on to it.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

In the age of demos, reviews, and gameplay vids there's no excuse for anyone to get a game they don't like

MarkesSwatia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MarkesSwatia

In the age of demos, reviews, and gameplay vids there's no excuse for anyone to get a game they don't like

Jaysonguy

Just cause you have someone elses opinion on the game, or watched someone else played it doesnt mean you know if youll like it or not.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#9 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

halo 3

ftr since halo 3 i have never bought a halo game again

sorry but bungie ruined their promise doing so they ruined the series for me

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

MarkesSwatia

Just cause you have someone elses opinion on the game, or watched someone else played it doesnt mean you know if youll like it or not.

No, it really does

Reviews tell you what's in the game and if it works or not and gameplay vids show you way the game performs with things like lag and framerate issues

I mean heck, the game you didn't like had a demo that was like an hour. I don't even know how the heck you could actually get a game you didn't like after an hour

It's like you said "wow I really didn't enjoy the hour of gameplay I just did, I bet I could increase this feeling by 10 fold if I bought the game"

Honestly, no idea how anyone gets a bad game today, I can see it happening in 1985 for sure and even in 1995 there's a chance but we're in the generation of consoles that started in 2005, no way should that happen today.

It's just not using the ability we have to research games.

MarkesSwatia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MarkesSwatia

[QUOTE="MarkesSwatia"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

No, it really does

Reviews tell you what's in the game and if it works or not and gameplay vids show you way the game performs with things like lag and framerate issues

I mean heck, the game you didn't like had a demo that was like an hour. I don't even know how the heck you could actually get a game you didn't like after an hour

It's like you said "wow I really didn't enjoy the hour of gameplay I just did, I bet I could increase this feeling by 10 fold if I bought the game"

Honestly, no idea how anyone gets a bad game today, I can see it happening in 1985 for sure and even in 1995 there's a chance but we're in the generation of consoles that started in 2005, no way should that happen today.

Yea i get what you mean but not all games have demos. And for example i looked at the review of fable 3 they didnt rate it very high at all but i enjoyed it cause its called 'PERSONAL PREFERENCE'.

It happens all the time. A demo could be cool. A review could be good but the game might not be enjoyable.

I dont know where your going with this?

DarkDemon91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 DarkDemon91
Member since 2006 • 770 Posts

Prince of Persia and Prototype.

Booyakz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Booyakz
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts

[QUOTE="MarkesSwatia"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

No, it really does

Agreed in full. Society has changed so much that serious gamers (those who read gaming magazines in teh past and read websites like GameSpot today), are unlikely to buy a bad game.

There is of course one flaw in your logic, which is Day-One Purchases. Day-One purchases have only caused me pain once, WWE SVR 2008, I believe (that's when I was a huge wrestling fan, thankfully that's over).

Even so, one can oftenget a general sense of te worth of a game based or previews and trailers, before Day-One. Anyway, seems like it's time I rush out to buy the next installment of Fight Night. =P

Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

Oblivion. Reviews said it was good, and it was wayyyyy too boring for me.

MarkesSwatia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MarkesSwatia

Drakebunny

How could you say that?? Thats one of the best games ever. Again its just personal preference. To me it was kinda boring to begin with but yea..

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Borderlands, The Last Remnant, Velvet Assassin
Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

[QUOTE="Drakebunny"]

MarkesSwatia

How could you say that?? Thats one of the best games ever. Again its just personal preference. To me it was kinda boring to begin with but yea..

I'm not sure; maybe it was because I was coming from Fallout 3 at the time, but who knows. It was just something about it was boring.

XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#18 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

Bulletstorm, like a day after I had beat it I just kept saying to myself "why did I buy this?" and a day after I kept saying that I returned it to Gamestop.

XCNormX

Me too. I spend $60, 6 and a half hours later, the game is done.

XCNormX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 XCNormX

[QUOTE="MarkesSwatia"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

No, it really does

Overall you're right, but that doesn't pertain to the people who have pre-ordered a game either out of sheer curiosity of it being great or because of it being a sequel/prequel to a series they love and that they may not have demos, and demos can't show you everything you'd like to see. That and because of the fact certain...most games come with limited/special/collectors editions that give the player in-game content or cheap merchandise but either way that draws gamers in as well. So for these gamers theres no way of telling whether the game will be good or not because of them getting it day one and not having the chance of reading reviews or watching gameplay reviews.

But waiting for games is definitely a good idea, and definitely doing your research finding out everything about the game before it's release and afterwards is a good idea.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

Jaysonguy

I have to agree. I have a ton of games and have never regretted any purchase. You can really find information on all aspects of a game using the internet long before it even comes out. Theres always a way to know what you're getting. I think a huge part of the problem though is that many people are impulse buyers.

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
I regret paying full price for Fable 2. That game isn't worth more than $30.
MarkesSwatia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MarkesSwatia

I regret paying full price for Fable 2. That game isn't worth more than $30.Cube_of_MooN

I borrowed that from a mate for a few days and finished it. Not worth buying at all.

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts

[QUOTE="Cube_of_MooN"]I regret paying full price for Fable 2. That game isn't worth more than $30.MarkesSwatia

I borrowed that from a mate for a few days and finished it. Not worth buying at all.

Nope, certainly not. That was the last time I believed Peter Molyneux's hype.
XCNormX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 XCNormX

[QUOTE="XCNormX"]

XboxGuy1537

Me too. I spend $60, 6 and a half hours later, the game is done.

Haha, yeah it really sparked me because of the early GoW3 beta access then when the demo came out it seemed fun, short, but fun. So I took a chance on it and just like you said 6 hours later..done. The GoW3 beta wasn't even enough to make me keep it lol.

Darth-Caedus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Darth-Caedus
Member since 2008 • 20756 Posts
*flameshield* Bioshock. The story and world is great and all...but the gameplay is horribly boring.
LittleMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LittleMac
Member since 2003 • 769 Posts

completely agree. Bioshock just never did it for me, cool atmosphere but it just got old wayyy too fast.

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

For the 360 it was Crackdown. I was anticipating that game for a long time and absoultely loved the premise, but it killed me a little on the inside after I beat it in 3 or 4 hours. It was fun, but ended way to fast... I guess I could have maxed my skills... oh wait that look like another 2 hours past that....

Out of all the games I can think of it is definitely FarCry 2 for the PC. Worst $45 spent... ever.

killerneub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 killerneub
Member since 2010 • 214 Posts

Mercanaries 2

Lost Planet

Need for Speed Carbon

Avatar image for GameJunkie13901
GameJunkie13901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GameJunkie13901
Member since 2011 • 208 Posts
I believe the game I disliked the most was Call of Duty: World at War
BloodiedHalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 BloodiedHalo
Member since 2010 • 56 Posts

Fable II

LukeDavey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LukeDavey
Member since 2010 • 119 Posts

Definetly Mass effect 1, im still playing bulletstorm (just got my xbox back from repair today, waited over a month just to get a power brick) and its really good so far, the only reason i bought it though was because of GOW3 beta

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

My game mentality has always been very "buy it and sell/trade it as soon as i get bored" but my biggest mistake was probably Deadly Premonition by a mile.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
lost planet 2 PDZ two words 2 crackdown2 all tomb raider games banjo
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
I was considering getting oblivion but then I borrowed it from a friend. It was just horrible.
Lord_Nas3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lord_Nas3k
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

CoD4, MW2, Fallout 3, Borderlands.

zellwood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 zellwood69
Member since 2008 • 224 Posts

Fable 3 is top of my list.

zellwood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 zellwood69
Member since 2008 • 224 Posts
[QUOTE="XCNormX"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="MarkesSwatia"]

No, it really does

Overall you're right, but that doesn't pertain to the people who have pre-ordered a game either out of sheer curiosity of it being great or because of it being a sequel/prequel to a series they love and that they may not have demos, and demos can't show you everything you'd like to see. That and because of the fact certain...most games come with limited/special/collectors editions that give the player in-game content or cheap merchandise but either way that draws gamers in as well. So for these gamers theres no way of telling whether the game will be good or not because of them getting it day one and not having the chance of reading reviews or watching gameplay reviews.

But waiting for games is definitely a good idea, and definitely doing your research finding out everything about the game before it's release and afterwards is a good idea.

Not trying to keep this going but I will say I have played demos and thought "wow this game will suck" but later on picked up the same game and try it again and love it. Demos don't always give the best parts to catch a player.
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
I regret buying fallout 3, worst game this gen imo.
nottu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nottu
Member since 2010 • 951 Posts

Gears of War 2, pre-ordered it becuase it looked great, and it ended up being 6hrs long with a crappy ending. Easily my most regretable purchase

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
Gears of War and Gears of War 2. I did my homework on this game and waited until Gears of War 2 to pick up Gears of War. Gears 2 got great reviews so I picked up Gears 1 and then picked up Gears 2 once I finished the first. The campaigns were fun and I didn't really regret my decision at the time but looking back the story is terrible, the characters lack depth and the multiplayer modes didn't grab me. While I don't hate the Gears of War franchise I will not be picking up Gears of War 3 day one.
Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

Enchanted Arms, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), and Lost Planet. I got all three of them right after I got my 360, never finished any of them, and it was before I had Live.

jarhead1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 jarhead1990
Member since 2005 • 2079 Posts

Oblivion

Fallout 3

Mass Effect

Borderlands