Games you dont play, keep or sell??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uschris0304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 uschris0304
Member since 2008 • 113 Posts

Do you guys mainly only keep games you still will play again eventually, or trade them in or sell them?? I have quite a few games that I beat and loved playing at the time but havent played in awhile and cant picture myself ever playing again with new games always coming out I rather play. So now i'm thinking of trading them in or selling them but I wont get anything close to what I paid for them. So I dont know if its better just to keep them just to have an impressive library of games that I will never play again. Or is it better to just trade them in even if I will only get a couple bucks? Anyways I know I should decide this myself but just curious what some of you guys do... thanks

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Back in the time i selled them (the gen b4 this 1)

I will never sell or trade my games anymore i know there will be a time that i want to play my old games back.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
Most years I trade in sports games for the next year's iteration. However, I've been spacing them out about every 2 years lately. The games I buy, I usually keep. Like the whole Halo series or the Gears series or Mass Effect series. GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption. I buy to keep my AAA games. And I usually buy them on their release dates. Sometimes I like to go back and play through a whole series in order. If a game comes along that I wasn't completely hyped for that I pick up a few weeks after release, I usually eventually sell those.
uschris0304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 uschris0304
Member since 2008 • 113 Posts

yeah when I was younger almost all I played was sports game. I would get the new one every year for almost every sport. But as I got older I realized what a rip off it is to do that IMO. I also love the Gears series and wont get rid of those games ever... But I also have COD MW 1 and 2, also World at War, RB6 Vegas 1 and 2, and Bad Company 1 and 2, and I have Black Ops pre ordered and I'm thinking how many shooter games do I really need?? I cant see myself ever coming back to some of these games. So thats what made me think of what I should do

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
I had a ton of shooters that I just recently traded in. Mostly Tom Clancy games. Rainbow Six series, GRAW series. Not that there was anything wrong with the games, but I just didn't play them. Figured I'd try to get some value out of them.
JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JuggaloRandall
Member since 2010 • 8213 Posts
Sadly im usually broke so I sell my games to buy new ones. If I didn't have to to that I would have a hell of a lot of 7th gen video games.
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

I see no point in selling games because I wont get what they are worth, I will at some point in the future want to replay them and I'm never desperate enough to get such a small amount of money.

jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jad206
Member since 2009 • 1821 Posts

You must have only tried selling one game ONCE. As much as people dis it, Gamespot with Edge card will give a ton of cash. Last time I sold games was about a year or so ago, but I made 200 bucks once, with really old games, were the newer ones were Gears 2. Just sell AAA titles, no matter how old with an edge card and you'll get AT LEAST 25 bucks.

Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts
Use to be sell, now it's keep.. building my collection, i'm growing up :cry:
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
I never sell or trade any of my games. Even if it was a cheap pre-owned game I heard of that isn't very good... ever :)
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Darkslayer16

You must have only tried selling one game ONCE. As much as people dis it, Gamespot with Edge card will give a ton of cash. Last time I sold games was about a year or so ago, but I made 200 bucks once, with really old games, were the newer ones were Gears 2. Just sell AAA titles, no matter how old with an edge card and you'll get AT LEAST 25 bucks.

jad206

Gamestop just scams kids and people that have no idea what they are doing. Paying $60+ and getting any where from $1 to $25 depending how long you wait is stupid. They do not give you "a ton of cash" I don't get how people can be so desperate for such a small amount of money..

Avatar image for DillPickleYummy
DillPickleYummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DillPickleYummy
Member since 2010 • 99 Posts
I only trade in the games I'm truly sure I'm done with them. I have a real hard time parting wtih games because I know I'm going to want to play them again in the future. If it's a cheap older game, I might trade it in towards a newer game coming out if I'm low on cash; I can always buy that game back later.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Meh. I collect games I know I'm never gonna play again. It's useful for when gamestop has their inevitable powertrade deal. Trade in three games get 20% extra, four +30%, five or more and get 40%. That kinda stuff. And by the bye, getting some money for a game you'll never play again is better than keeping it on the shelf for no other reason to inflate the size of your game collection. Quantity=/=Quality.
Cogs1038

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 Cogs1038
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts

I hate selling games because I buy add ons. And I have Modern Warfare 2 but I don't play it cause I just got bored of it and got Reach. So I'm debating if I should sell it or keep it

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Gamestop just scams kids and people that have no idea what they are doing. Paying $60+ and getting any where from $1 to $25 depending how long you wait is stupid. They do not give you "a ton of cash" I don't get how people can be so desperate for such a small amount of money...Darkslayer16
If you don't mind my saying so, thinking you're going to get 60 bucks for a used game even inside of a month of the release date is stupid.
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Darkslayer16

[QUOTE="Darkslayer16"]Gamestop just scams kids and people that have no idea what they are doing. Paying $60+ and getting any where from $1 to $25 depending how long you wait is stupid. They do not give you "a ton of cash" I don't get how people can be so desperate for such a small amount of money...El_Zo1212o
If you don't mind my saying so, thinking you're going to get 60 bucks for a used game even inside of a month of the release date is stupid.

I don't expect $60 but I don't see the point in taking a $40 loss for only $25 or less. Then places like Gamestop turn around and sell it for $55.. so going by that $60 used doesn't seem so stupid does it? I don't trade games for other reasons also tho like having a collection and if I want to play them later etc.

TheCorpseEater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheCorpseEater
Member since 2010 • 208 Posts

I keep games for two reasons;

If I know I will replay it, or if I just can't bring myself to get rid of it.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
I come back to my games all the time even after a few years so I never sell them.
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts

[QUOTE="jad206"]

Darkslayer16

Gamestop just scams kids and people that have no idea what they are doing. Paying $60+ and getting any where from $1 to $25 depending how long you wait is stupid. They do not give you "a ton of cash" I don't get how people can be so desperate for such a small amount of money..

It's not the company that's stupid if a person is willing to pay $60 and then trade it in for $25. The promotions they run bump up the values to respectable numbers. And if you don't want to trade in to Gamestop or Amazon, then you can deal with eBay.

Avatar image for tuggythetugboat
tuggythetugboat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tuggythetugboat
Member since 2010 • 70 Posts

Do you guys mainly only keep games you still will play again eventually, or trade them in or sell them?? I have quite a few games that I beat and loved playing at the time but havent played in awhile and cant picture myself ever playing again with new games always coming out I rather play. So now i'm thinking of trading them in or selling them but I wont get anything close to what I paid for them. So I dont know if its better just to keep them just to have an impressive library of games that I will never play again. Or is it better to just trade them in even if I will only get a couple bucks? Anyways I know I should decide this myself but just curious what some of you guys do... thanks

uschris0304
I honestly don't know. I personally like giving them to friends for cash rather than a place where you won't make any money "cough cough gamestop cough cough"
Creigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Creigz
Member since 2010 • 187 Posts

Really depends on the game. If I really disliked it I usually will sell it or keep it so I can do EB games' trade 3 get one program. I have 3 games for that already now that I may trade in. I typically will keep games I happened to enjoy even if I know I won't play it again, just in case I have a small desire to give it another go later down the future, or if it becomes a nostalgia/novelty thing for me.

MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MsCortana
Member since 2007 • 10565 Posts

I keep most of my games; however, I will sell my games to Gamestop etc., on occasion as well. There are simply some games, that I know I will never play again. Not to mention those bargain buy games you "don't" want to play again. ;) So why not sell them? For the most part, I am a collector and love to see my collection grow, but there are exceptions.

councelor12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 councelor12
Member since 2005 • 110 Posts

I honestly feel it's a personal preference. What I or anyone else does with their games is up to them. Do what you want. Personally, I still have every game I've ever bought for any system except for 2 (which were stolen from me). I may never play them again, especially the ones that I have full gs on and are super old. But then again, I might. I like having them for the memories/nostalgia. And I sometimes go back and play a little bit of a game before a sequal, like I did with bioshock. But hey, if you wanna trade them in a get a couple bucks, that's totally on you. You gotta live with the decision, not us :)

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
I don't buy games, that I know I will only play once and let it collect dust. Well at least not new, I will buy a game like that on the cheap, but even then its a rare occurrence. I buy games I know I will play multiple times, hell I'm still playing SMW and MM4 from time to time.
Schickers94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Schickers94
Member since 2010 • 38 Posts

Sell them but keep in mind as soon as you sell them a week on from them you a gonna get an urge to play those games again and be like crap why did i sell them. So really only sell them if they suck and your never gonna play them again

H-Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 H-Revolver
Member since 2009 • 167 Posts
Back when I was a kid I used to sell my PS2 games when my parents didn't buy me new games (sold lots of games just to get GTA: SA lol). But now I rarely do.
max-Emadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 max-Emadness
Member since 2009 • 1781 Posts

i usually keep most of my games. However after a period of 3 years i will look at the games that i kno i will never play again and trade those in

dr_delivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dr_delivery
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I keep my games I have thought about trading the ones i never play anymore but you won't really get that much plus i know at one point i am gonna wanna play them again at some point.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Keep, I'm a collector. Unless I paid a lot of money for a game i dislike and i want to get some of it back.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#30 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I keep most of my games; however, I will sell my games to Gamestop etc., on occasion as well. There are simply some games, that I know I will never play again. Not to mention those bargain buy games you "don't" want to play again. ;) So why not sell them? For the most part, I am a collector and love to see my collection grow, but there are exceptions.

MsCortana
This best describes my approach. But as far as PC games go, I keep 'em all. Seeing as how Steamworks games cannot be sold because of it's one-time activation code/key. Even then, I buy PC games for so cheap that I don't even bother selling them on eBay because it's just not worth it. As far as console games go, I've sold games that I wanted to keep like Heavy Rain, Uncharted series, God of War 3, but the reason I finally decided to sell them because I probably would never play them again. But games like Halo 3, ODST, Reach, Halo CE, Halo 2, Mass Effect series, Gears of War series, I've kept because they mean a lot to me as a gamer. And because I still play them quite often!
-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
I've only sold games that I've 100% already and am pretty sure won't want to play anymore. That said I keep most all of my games.
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#32 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

I keep only the ones i will re-play again and liked them the most. I had a collection of about 58 games which got down to 30 over the weekend. Hey, i made close to 160 bucks on eBay, so i am not complaining...

NicotineKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NicotineKid
Member since 2006 • 1475 Posts

Never sold or traded a game.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts
Back when I was a kid I used to sell my PS2 games when my parents didn't buy me new games (sold lots of games just to get GTA: SA lol). But now I rarely do.H-Revolver
well GTA SA is worth it.it's an awesome game imo :)
Team2Beat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Team2Beat
Member since 2010 • 235 Posts
Yeah after a while I just clean out what I don't use and sell them.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#37 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
If I don't expect to play them again I sell them. They're a waste of space otherwise.
jlevin860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jlevin860
Member since 2009 • 818 Posts

nope i usually trade em in. sometimes i do regret selling a game... (borderlands and batman AA, but i had 1000 GS on each!)

but i love consolidating my collection to the few games i really enjoy playing, its hard to worry about a collection when u have a work a lot.

Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

I almost always sell my games to Gamestop. I only keep the ones that I could see myself playing long-term or have no re-sell value.

Hepemania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Hepemania
Member since 2010 • 517 Posts

I will keep them because i'm sure i'll be playing them again in future.

Patrickbrown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#41 Patrickbrown56
Member since 2010 • 892 Posts

I used to sell all of my old games, but I don't anymore. I have had numerous regrets of selling certain games, and I've even gone back and bought the platinum editions of some games so that I could play them again. Most of the time the trade in value just isn't good enough.

Even if I have all of the achievements I won't even trade them in. I still have Lego Harry Potter in my collection even though I have all of the achievements and haven't played it for roughly two months, but I know that I'm going to have a day one day down the road where I want to pop it in and play it again.

THIRTYSIXBLACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 THIRTYSIXBLACK
Member since 2009 • 89 Posts

I'keep mine. Too many times I've traded games and regretted it later. The only games I trade now are sports games.

THIRTYSIXBLACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 THIRTYSIXBLACK
Member since 2009 • 89 Posts

And also, the trade value sucks!

Zune_HD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Zune_HD
Member since 2010 • 1144 Posts

Sell it on ebay.

jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

I keep the ones that are not worth much, but if i buy a new game for full price and finish playing it in a week or so i resell it back for most of what i paid then get another game.

Beat halo reach and got 1000g in a few weeks and sold it back for $51. If i had really liked the multi-player i would have kept it but it wasn't for me so to amazon it went. Did this same scenario for many games. Even if i don't make back what i paid its better to cash it in for high value before it drops down to nothing. Lately the price of games fall so fast.

Tsuyoi94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Tsuyoi94
Member since 2010 • 239 Posts

To be honest i'd never sell any of my games .. that's about 55$ loss XD ?

each game i bought, i played it, had some fun with it than took a break and new games came out so i didn't have much time to play these single player games i have .. and i mainly spend my time on multi so ;x ..

Never tried trading them actually but i won't because i'll get all my achievements back first on my new xbl account so untill than, i ain't dropping those games off my list .

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
I've never sold anything. GameStop rips you off so I don't want to get rid of anything. And sometimes I feel the need to play something old again and I have it ready. This past weekend I suddenly got the urge to play Dead Rising and I had it. Even though I hadn't touched it since like 2008 before, I was able to play it again without paying GS for it.
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

I would like to keep all my games, because at one point I will want to play them again even if I remember why I stopped playing them. But it is nice to have a collection and have something else to play and all genres. If I really need the money though and want a new game that will be better I will sell them for a good price so I really only have to pay about $15 for the newest game.

Vacant00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Vacant00
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Used to keep all my games when I was younger -now Isell or trade in most of them, justkeep a few 'special games' like Mass Effect & Bioshock -sort of a pride thing. But, just sold a load of PS2 games a couple of months back for tuppence after realising they'd just been sat in my mums house collecting dust for years -including one of my favourite games ever; Final Fantasy X, for only a few quid, but seeing as I was never ever going to play it again, getting anything at all from it was above 'value' innit.

Rarely ever buy games on release date anyway - most of my games tend to be second hand - so I suppose ye, I trade my games in because I couldn't play even half as many games if other people didn't do so also.