games cracking from center???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zidan4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 zidan4000
Member since 2006 • 3167 Posts

hi guys

yesterday i posted a question about r6v if its good or not , and i posted another question if the NTSC version works on PAL console or not , anyway i discovered that the game is region free but the problem is here, some body have told me that he bought NTSC GOW and played it on his PAL console he said after a while he heard a strange sounds and after he looked at his game he found that its cracked from center , and he said that happened to 3 people he knows.

now im confused the only version i found in the local store was NTSC and i have PAL console im afraid if i buy r6v the same thing will happen to me. please people is there anybody have the same problem or i just got to buy the NTSC game and nothing will happen?

please help , and thanx for the help.

TGL88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TGL88
Member since 2007 • 360 Posts
it seems both xbox and 360 games suffer from this alot i work at a game store and those are the only discs i see like that!
zidan4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zidan4000

it seems both xbox and 360 games suffer from this alot i work at a game store and those are the only discs i see like that!TGL88

you mean the only games you see it cracked the free region ones?

TGL88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TGL88
Member since 2007 • 360 Posts
no matter what region all 360 and xbox original game discs have always have this problem they are very weak near the center
KURUPT_ON3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KURUPT_ON3
Member since 2007 • 455 Posts

no matter what region all 360 and xbox original game discs have always have this problem they are very weak near the centerTGL88

You also need to be careful when taking the disk out and putting it back into it's case.

zidan4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zidan4000

no matter what region all 360 and xbox original game discs have always have this problem they are very weak near the centerTGL88

oh i thought you were talking about the region free ones, then that guy who got his disc cracked was going to get cracked anyway , same if its PAL or NTSC , thanx man i feel better now , but i would like to make sure more so i feel totally comfort when i buy r6v NTSC.

zidan4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zidan4000

[QUOTE="TGL88"]no matter what region all 360 and xbox original game discs have always have this problem they are very weak near the centerKURUPT_ON3

You also need to be careful when taking the disk out and putting it back into it's case.

yeah i know that , i know a lot of people had cracked games just from the case.

zidan4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 zidan4000
BUMP!!!
zidan4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zidan4000
another BUMP!!!! guys is there anybody had this problem? or i just go for the game and buy it?
danciu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 danciu
Member since 2005 • 369 Posts

hi guys

yesterday i posted a question about r6v if its good or not , and i posted another question if the NTSC version works on PAL console or not , anyway i discovered that the game is region free but the problem is here, some body have told me that he bought NTSC GOW and played it on his PAL console he said after a while he heard a strange sounds and after he looked at his game he found that its cracked from center , and he said that happened to 3 people he knows.

now im confused the only version i found in the local store was NTSC and i have PAL console im afraid if i buy r6v the same thing will happen to me. please people is there anybody have the same problem or i just got to buy the NTSC game and nothing will happen?

zidan4000
OMG dude use your brain.NTSC games on PAL consoles have nothing to do with the disk cracking.They have different sistems(PAL games and NTSCgames)and sometimes they work.It has nothing to do with the crack.
Alpha172

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 Alpha172
Member since 2007 • 1437 Posts
I've always wondered why games have different pictures on them in different countries.
zidan4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zidan4000
[QUOTE="zidan4000"]

hi guys

danciu

OMG dude use your brain.NTSC games on PAL consoles have nothing to do with the disk cracking.They have different sistems(PAL games and NTSCgames)and sometimes they work.It has nothing to do with the crack.

i really used my brain and i saw that had nothing to do with region , but expect ANYTHING from xbox360

kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 kdt55
Member since 2004 • 2525 Posts
My Saints Row formed a bubble near the center and it never worked again. I don't care though, because it was a boring game. When my Gears went bad...I got pissed. Really pissed. Sean, RIP. Anyways, I soon realized that I bought the insurance from Gamestop so it was cool. Remember, don't buy insurance for games that are so-so. Only buy it for big deal games like Assasins Creed, Mass Effect, BioShock, GTA4, Madden, and games that you think are BIG DEAL. Don't buy it for games like Beautiful Katamari or Wii games. You won't care about those games after a few days anyways. HAHA.
Avatar image for WCWUSCHAMPION50
WCWUSCHAMPION50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WCWUSCHAMPION50
Member since 2007 • 170 Posts

I don't get it so they are making crappy cases for the games then?

Exactly how hard is it to pull the cd away from the 360 game case. Because on the Xbox game case you just push the button in the middle and take your game outta the case. Simple and easy.

So you guys are saying that now I gotta worry about cracking from the center???

Jeez how many warranties must one get. As I imagine getting game insurance isn't cheap.

zidan4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 zidan4000

My Saints Row formed a bubble near the center and it never worked again. I don't care though, because it was a boring game. When my Gears went bad...I got pissed. Really pissed. Sean, RIP. Anyways, I soon realized that I bought the insurance from Gamestop so it was cool. Remember, don't buy insurance for games that are so-so. Only buy it for big deal games like Assasins Creed, Mass Effect, BioShock, GTA4, Madden, and games that you think are BIG DEAL. Don't buy it for games like Beautiful Katamari or Wii games. You won't care about those games after a few days anyways. HAHA.kdt55

i dont care about bubbles coz i can fix bubbles , but i care about cracking , did it crack or what?

zidan4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zidan4000

Exactly how hard is it to pull the cd away from the 360 game case. Because on the Xbox game case you just push the button in the middle and take your game outta the case. Simple and easy.

Jeez how many warranties must one get. As I imagine getting game insurance isn't cheap.

WCWUSCHAMPION50

yeah some cases are really bad, i really have hard time getting my forza2 out of the case , just dont forget to say a prayer before you get your game out of its case.:lol:

Avatar image for WCWUSCHAMPION50
WCWUSCHAMPION50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WCWUSCHAMPION50
Member since 2007 • 170 Posts
[QUOTE="WCWUSCHAMPION50"]

zidan4000

yeah some cases are really bad, i really have hard time getting my forza2 out of the case , just dont forget to say a prayer before you get your game out of its case.:lol:

We'll I'd probably break the case in order to get my game out safe and snug. The last time I encountered a crappy case was with my Star Trek dvd cases. Jeez those were the worst cases that I have ever seen, I practically had the pull on the cd to get it out. But I did the smart thing and bought jewel cases and put all the cd's in them. So it's all good now.

Zidian why don't you buy Jewel cases too? I mean then you won't have to worry about yanking on your cd's. True they won't look as nice as when they're in the green case. But its seems like a better idea.

kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 kdt55
Member since 2004 • 2525 Posts

[QUOTE="kdt55"]My Saints Row formed a bubble near the center and it never worked again. I don't care though, because it was a boring game. When my Gears went bad...I got pissed. Really pissed. Sean, RIP. Anyways, I soon realized that I bought the insurance from Gamestop so it was cool. Remember, don't buy insurance for games that are so-so. Only buy it for big deal games like Assasins Creed, Mass Effect, BioShock, GTA4, Madden, and games that you think are BIG DEAL. Don't buy it for games like Beautiful Katamari or Wii games. You won't care about those games after a few days anyways. HAHA.zidan4000

i dont care about bubbles coz i can fix bubbles , but i care about cracking , did it crack or what?

No Crack, just a big bubble that I can't fix. How do you fix the bubble?

zidan4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 zidan4000
[QUOTE="zidan4000"]

[QUOTE="kdt55"]My Saints Row formed a bubble near the center and it never worked again. I don't care though, because it was a boring game. When my Gears went bad...I got pissed. Really pissed. Sean, RIP. Anyways, I soon realized that I bought the insurance from Gamestop so it was cool. Remember, don't buy insurance for games that are so-so. Only buy it for big deal games like Assasins Creed, Mass Effect, BioShock, GTA4, Madden, and games that you think are BIG DEAL. Don't buy it for games like Beautiful Katamari or Wii games. You won't care about those games after a few days anyways. HAHA.kdt55

No Crack, just a big bubble that I can't fix. How do you fix the bubble?

first i bought r6v yesterday and i had a very light semi bubble but its fixable and the game looks sweeeeet.

anyway you can fix that bubble if its only caused by the console then theres a big chance that it will be fixed.

ok you need to buy a cream called PlastX from any car accessories shop , after that bring your game and bring a very very soft facial paper , then drop some of the cream on the bubble and rub it by the paper from in to out and from in to out , when the bubble all covered by that cream you lleave the game 10 minutes , then rub it again with a new soft facial paper to dry it from the cream , then wash your game by water(not hot!!) and dry it , it should work.

just give me a feedback and tell me how is that . hope that helps :)

graeme_day3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 graeme_day3
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Hey, really take care of my games. Im now on my 3rd game which has suffered from a small fracture or crack running from the center of the disk to the outer. The first game to suffer from this fault was saints row. This happened as i was playing it live. A message apeared stating disk unreadable. I removed the disk from the console to find a crack in the center of the disk. i had only had the game for 6day before this happening so i get ti replaced. Then playing fight night the exact same thing happened. Then after completeing gears of war i was atempting the game again on insane. Then to my utter disbelife. the game just stoped working. But i couldn't get this one replaced. this is silly now. Please has anyone suffered from this and do they know what the next step is to get these games replaced. cos i refuse to get new coppies for the same thing thing happen again. thanks

unmach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 unmach
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts
The 360 cases are not bad quality, it's the opposite, too strong. When you run the discit gets hot (bend, crack easier) and then when you take it right from the ODD to the strong case, they often crack, let them cool and don't under estimate the strength of those green cases, they don't seem to give like other dvd cases do, and it's a bad thing.
Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts
Hmm, Ive never heard of it happening but my Halo 3 disc is cracking around the center ring outward from taking it out of the C.E edition box. I just set it in there now.
Avatar image for MonkeyDetective
MonkeyDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MonkeyDetective
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hi, if i notice my games are cracking i use the scotch tape it is where u put scotch tape on the disc covering the hole crack then u put tape on the backside circle look it up i cant explain it but yes it does work i rented prototype and it was cracked so i put tape on it and it works =]
FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FamiBox
Member since 2007 • 5481 Posts

There is no connection between different region discs and that problem.

If you do have a crack in the middle of your disc NEVER put it in your console. At the high speed discs spin it could shatter inside and break your xbox.

shadow9669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 shadow9669
Member since 2007 • 702 Posts

Just Remember when taking the game out push the center button and wait for it to pop out dont start pulling the CD out from the edges then when puting it back in the case push the middle buttion and lighty push the cd into place.

snowinspace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 snowinspace
Member since 2008 • 49 Posts
Don't keep the disks in the cases put them in a CD sleeve and if your going to be playing them a lot download them to the hard drive! saves the disks!
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

[QUOTE="TGL88"]no matter what region all 360 and xbox original game discs have always have this problem they are very weak near the centerKURUPT_ON3

Exaclty, there's really know way your disc can get cracked from spinning. It's only a magnet holding the bottom and top together to help it freely rotate. That said, I agree with KURPT, it's usually people improperly removing the disc from the case without pushing the push pin down. Everything just seems cheap with the 360 honestly, I had my Gears 1 disc crack and become unplayable due to inserting and removing the disc from it's case. Blu-ray disc/games do not have this problem.