Gamertag Reputation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AllFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AllFX
Member since 2004 • 527 Posts

Hey guys! How can I improve my reputation on my 360? Can I do it without being online?

How does the whole thing work? 

seriousdan74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 seriousdan74
Member since 2007 • 133 Posts
the people on your freinds list or people you recently played with have to send feedback and give yu a good review. Send me a request. gamer tag dmars hall
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts

People have to send good feedback on you.

It really doesnt matter, though. It seems like no matter what you do people are going to send bad feedback on you so I doubt you can ever get enough good feedback to cancel it out. 

Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts
Yeah don't get to hung up on rep .... Iconcider myself to be a quiet, conciderate player but I stilll from somewhere have 33% bad rep ... you can't please everyone all the time :)
YourLastDay86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 YourLastDay86
Member since 2004 • 1073 Posts
It is the positive feedback you get from other players. For myself, I just play to have fun and I basically have all stars filled up...
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
hmmn.. i still have 100% positive feedback.. but no doubt that will be different some day. i think some people just give negative feedback if they loose. Xbox live is filled with weirdos unfortunately.
newfg311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 newfg311
Member since 2003 • 816 Posts

It is the positive feedback you get from other players. For myself, I just play to have fun and I basically have all stars filled up...YourLastDay86

You aren't bragging about your "rep" are you?  Please tell me you're not and that I just got the wrong vibe from your message, cuz that would be pretty pathetic if you were bragging about it. 

stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5607 Posts

[QUOTE="YourLastDay86"]It is the positive feedback you get from other players. For myself, I just play to have fun and I basically have all stars filled up...newfg311

You aren't bragging about your "rep" are you? Please tell me you're not and that I just got the wrong vibe from your message, cuz that would be pretty pathetic if you were bragging about it.

I don't get that vibe at all... from what I read, all he is saying is that he just plays for fun and his stars are filled up, meaning that you don't have to do anything special to get the rep stars up.

chriss0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 chriss0608
Member since 2006 • 79 Posts
The whole rep thing is crazy.  No matter how nice you are to the fellow gamers, they can give you bad feedback if they feel like it.  I barely talk during games - I never curse or say childish things - yet I've gotten bad feedback.  So all you can do is just play the games on Live and let the rep thing work itself out.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
deactivated-5f033ecf40fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
Member since 2004 • 2665 Posts
I rarely give out good feedback.  If you want to get all yours stars filled, it isn't ridiculous to ask people to leave you feedback.  Most people will leave you positive reviews if they know you want them and you aren't a total jerk.
AllFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AllFX
Member since 2004 • 527 Posts
So why do you rarely give out good feedback then?
mandrew913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 mandrew913
Member since 2007 • 564 Posts

One time, I gave my friend bad rep (for playing WOW instead of Xbox 360). It actually raised his rep.

So... it's not just good feedback that counts. 

jello44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jello44
Member since 2004 • 274 Posts
Though, all this is true if you have a gold. If you only have Silver your rep can't be raised or lowered, though you can still have a friends list, you just can't play games with them online.
litttlejohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 litttlejohn
Member since 2006 • 2247 Posts

wow it seems like nobody has come to realize that the whole rep thing is a joke. It seems like it was more or less a feature xbox had in the workings but never fleshed out when the system got released.

For one you dont really need to leave any good feedback. the system assumes if you leave no feedback it equates with good feedback. it says it in the system itself when you look at your rep that such and such percent of people either left good feedback or none.

Also bad feedback doesnt really do anything to you. ive seen people try to get bad feedback by just tossing out the worst insults and damaging gameplay and their rep still looks great.

And while xbox says that when you file a complaint it looks into it, it also seems to be just playing to the people who report to make them think something would be done. it was either IGN or Gameinformer that tried to test it by having over a thousand people file both complaints and bad feedback and big shock nothing happened to them.

LUK3isH3RE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LUK3isH3RE
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

Yeah don't get to hung up on rep .... Iconcider myself to be a quiet, conciderate player but I stilll from somewhere have 33% bad rep ... you can't please everyone all the time :)Anabub

Yeah, mostly because most people would rather bad rep you than good rep you, simply because it's more fun I suppose.

jello44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jello44
Member since 2004 • 274 Posts

wow it seems like nobody has come to realize that the whole rep thing is a joke. It seems like it was more or less a feature xbox had in the workings but never fleshed out when the system got released.

For one you dont really need to leave any good feedback. the system assumes if you leave no feedback it equates with good feedback. it says it in the system itself when you look at your rep that such and such percent of people either left good feedback or none.

Also bad feedback doesnt really do anything to you. ive seen people try to get bad feedback by just tossing out the worst insults and damaging gameplay and their rep still looks great.

And while xbox says that when you file a complaint it looks into it, it also seems to be just playing to the people who report to make them think something would be done. it was either IGN or Gameinformer that tried to test it by having over a thousand people file both complaints and bad feedback and big shock nothing happened to them.

litttlejohn

I think its just for a person-to-person basis type of thing. Forget the whole rating thing for a sec, and remember that when you give someone bad feedback, it will make sure that when you are looking for a game, you won't find that room that said person is in, that way you won't have to deal with them. Though I get what you are saying, the rep doesn't really mean anything at all, because you can abuse the system, making people give someone good/bad feedback. And it's really stupid, because I was kicked from a game one time, and someone left me bad feedback saying I quit early.

GEARSofWAR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GEARSofWAR360
Member since 2006 • 1405 Posts
i always play to have fun and never say anything bad but mine is 59 percent avoided because of ppl getting pissed cause they lost mine is stil 5 stars though
Emokilla187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Emokilla187
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Interesting... I've had friends who have had their account suspended for being reported. The reasoning for the suspension, so says microsoft, is that they had been accused of modding in halo 3. When in all actuality it was just some gets sore over the fact that they got destroyed reporting him for modding. So I know that Microsoft will actually do something on occasion whenever they get a hair up there ass. I was not aware that any local game media sources had done any research in the matter.

gdogghenrikson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 gdogghenrikson
Member since 2005 • 3028 Posts

the rep system serves no perpose

rns1016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rns1016
Member since 2009 • 322 Posts
I never pay any attention to the rep system.
Avatar image for jensen_slipknot
jensen_slipknot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 jensen_slipknot
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
You really cant. People only go to reports to give bad ones.
paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
The rep system is a joke. I remember getting mad at some jerk for giving me bad rep cause I kicked his butt in Uno ( yeah, Uno lol). Though that was a long time ago.