Gamer Rep is kinda useless...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 0

#1 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts
I mean...when you think about it, it is very rare for someone to leave u positive feedback unless 1. There are your friends or 2. You physically ask them to give you good rep. People only seem to give people negative feedback for doing stuff. Prime example is Gears of War. I will give someone good feedback if they played well in a game, yet after that game is done I get reported by two people on the other team for Overly Aggresive because I was hosting the game making me more shoot faster than they are. So basically, if I play well, I wont get good feedback from my team, but I get negative from the other. If Rep really affected gameplay, that would suck because my rep only goes down...never up. Anyone else think Rep is a little redutant?
mECHwARRIORx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 mECHwARRIORx2
Member since 2004 • 1003 Posts
I think rep is 100% useless, especially when all my dumbass friends give me bad feedback...
andoman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 andoman19
Member since 2005 • 90 Posts

i feel ya. Gears of war killed my rep haha. So many cry babies on that game, not my fault i owned them all.

but ya the feedback system is not to grea, and I don't really care for it

skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#4 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts
I think rep is 100% useless, especially when all my dumbass friends give me bad feedback...mECHwARRIORx2

yea that would REALLY suck if your friends starting reporting you..
Roughan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Roughan-
Member since 2007 • 328 Posts
rep is definitely dumb. I've been threatended with "bad feedback" before if i didnt switch teams. Oh no not bead feedback, id better switch teams ASAP. The 5 stars just look cool, and thats about it
desertrat_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 desertrat_90
Member since 2004 • 376 Posts

Well, I'm kinda an bl NOOB and haven't got a lot of experience playing online, I've been playing a lot of single player modes in most of my game but in my time I have played online I like to give players good feedback if they like played well and worked well with me and like if we like got along I suppose.

But it is pretty useless as I don't think anyone ever rates me good or bad..

I reckon in the next dashboard update MS should just do away with rep all together.

Heistenfaust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Heistenfaust
Member since 2006 • 344 Posts
Prefering and avoiding people is meant to give you a better/worse chance at playing with them again.
Roughan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Roughan-
Member since 2007 • 328 Posts

Prefering and avoiding people is meant to give you a better/worse chance at playing with them again.Heistenfaust

yeah but being threated with bad feedback? i mean come on...

1_Hit_Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 1_Hit_Killer
Member since 2006 • 2458 Posts
Rep makes me AFRAID OF WINNING! After I kick someone's ass online I always go and check my rep to see if they left bad rep, I still have 100% good rep but you just never know with the kinda community we have on Live.