Game Suggestions - Play with the Girlfriend / Wife

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BikerPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 BikerPunk
Member since 2005 • 966 Posts

Hey folks, just looking for a game my wife might enjoy playing. If i get a game she likes, the HDTV and new Elite might work over better with her....lol.

She is semiretarded when it comes to controllers, so something kinda easy, easy learning curve. and she doesnt like voilence.

I was thinking Viva Pinata, or something like that...

masterconker25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 masterconker25
Member since 2006 • 266 Posts
how about geometry wars?
Cedric169

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Cedric169
Member since 2005 • 2138 Posts

Hey folks, just looking for a game my wife might enjoy playing. If i get a game she likes, the HDTV and new Elite might work over better with her....lol.

She is semiretarded when it comes to controllers, so something kinda easy, easy learning curve. and she doesnt like voilence.

I was thinking Viva Pinata, or something like that...

BikerPunk
viva piñata is just fine and fuzion frenzy also...and arcade games like uno will work also...
CQckRooster429

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CQckRooster429
Member since 2007 • 100 Posts
my girl friend lovvveess Guitar Hero 2, and i like it too so its good for the both of us.
BikerPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BikerPunk
ooOOo its got pretty colors, she my like that one.

Any other ideas?
Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts

There's a steep learning curve with Viva Pinata, but it would appeal to her. It's a great game.  If you have Xbox Live, you can download a demo. Kameo is another great game and it also has a demo.

There's also a ton of XBLA games that may appeal to her. They also have demos. 

BikerPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BikerPunk

There's a steep learning curve with Viva Pinata, but it would appeal to her. It's a great game.  If you have Xbox Live, you can download a demo. Kameo is another great game and it also has a demo.

There's also a ton of XBLA games that may appeal to her. They also have demos. 

Berserker_2

thats a good idea. maybe ill start her off on the XBL games, little easier, then break her into the bigger games. Thanks.

Flaming_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Flaming_Ape
Member since 2007 • 3246 Posts
Even if your wife doesn't like violence, you can always let her start on something a little bit more tame/low level violence (just don't make her feel uncomfortable), take for example, an arcade title, such as Galaga, Jetpac Refuelled, etc.  Even though Castlevania: SOTN (XBLA title) has violence in it, I would think that it's addictive RPG elements and gameplay would actually attach her to it.  But first off, ask her if something with low violence will be ok with her.  If she says yes, start her off on any kind-of arcade title (except for something like DOOM, which has some graphic violence and gore).  It'll hopefully work out for you, and good luck. :)
CQckRooster429

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CQckRooster429
Member since 2007 • 100 Posts
im tellin u guitar hero 2, it wont dissappoint, since its not a controller it makes um feel like there not really playin like a "real video game" more like a fun little activity, idk its hard to explain but i think u get what im sayin.  The guitar controller makes um feel different when approching it, and theres not a bunch of combinations of buttons to pull off or any like collecting stuff, u just play whats on the screen, and if she likes music its even better... and another thing its a bad idea to try a game were aiming is envolved it normally doesnt work out nicly but u never know she could be a natural.
PointedCow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PointedCow
Member since 2004 • 212 Posts

Gears of war is a good game

But seriously viva pinata is very fun but is actuall somewhat of a difficult game but there is lots of fun stuff to do and people to talk to.  Forza 2 or another racing game are always fun. 

wingman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 wingman15
Member since 2004 • 2706 Posts
My wife enjoys the 3D ultra mini golf and Burnout Revenge crash runs. 
cwagmire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 cwagmire
Member since 2003 • 3398 Posts
IDK if I would get Guitar Hero 2 unless you think you might like it too.  $90.00 for the game and controller is a lot when you don't know for sure if she will like it or if you will.
atarigrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 atarigrad
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
MY girlfriend loves the racing games and Guitar Hero2. She also loves the bowling game for Wii. Maybe Rayman raving rabbids would be good cause I got that for wii and she liked it. Now it's on 360.
Thuganomic05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 Thuganomic05
Member since 2004 • 3456 Posts
Fuzion Frenzy.. Way to go
gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
Chicks really like racing... my gf loves playing some of the easier racing games such as Need for Speed and Burnout... and a couple of months ago Burnout online was full of girls.
BikerPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BikerPunk

awe suggestions everyone.

I will get the mini golf game for sure, and Guitar Hero 2, but i want that game too, so it works for both of us. My wife likes racing games, that are a little easier, not the Sim style, so ill have to check those out, and Viva Pinata....well, ill rent that first and see how she likes it. You guys have been great.

If anyone has other suggestions, lay em on here, cause the more games i got for her, the better. LOL.

Rvdecwthug1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rvdecwthug1976
Member since 2005 • 4593 Posts
A lot of women seem to enjoy playing Uno and it only costs 800 MS Points
flynsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 flynsk
Member since 2005 • 45 Posts

I'm trying to start a gamespot union for gamers with wives. need charter members! please find my post!

http://www.gamespot.com/users/flynsk/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25008183

apollo1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 apollo1980
Member since 2004 • 159 Posts
my gf always seems to prefer playing co-op than anything....espesh co-op gears, smackdown and lego star wars 2....other than that she loves test drive unlimited and dead rising :)
dawooten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 dawooten
Member since 2005 • 692 Posts
i would personally choose viva pinata for a retail game and uno or geometry wars for arcade.
tgit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tgit
Member since 2004 • 80 Posts
hahah its funny cause i had a poll just like this and almost  everyonr said viva pinata and the ni got my g/f to play it and she was like hey this is fun lol
tantalum2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tantalum2006
Member since 2006 • 137 Posts

As mentioned by many already Guitar hero II is the way to go on the 360 (the other way to go is to also get a Wii).

Finally finished off a couple of games so i could justify getting GHII yesterday on my way home from work.  I walked into the house with it and my wife rolled her eyes.  I told her I could bring it back as it was pretty pricey and I have several other games That i will be buying the last half of this year.  She rolled her eyes and said "whatever, i don't care".  She is a gamer but that typically isn't her type of game (she's an RPG, Mario, Zelda and occassional FPS type).

I couldn't get her off the 360 last night as she was instantly addicted.  As have the wives/girlfriends of many friends i know for that game...gamers and non-gamers alike.

tgit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tgit
Member since 2004 • 80 Posts

As mentioned by many already Guitar hero II is the way to go on the 360 (the other way to go is to also get a Wii).

Finally finished off a couple of games so i could justify getting GHII yesterday on my way home from work.  I walked into the house with it and my wife rolled her eyes.  I told her I could bring it back as it was pretty pricey and I have several other games That i will be buying the last half of this year.  She rolled her eyes and said "whatever, i don't care".  She is a gamer but that typically isn't her type of game (she's an RPG, Mario, Zelda and occassional FPS type).

I couldn't get her off the 360 last night as she was instantly addicted.  As have the wives/girlfriends of many friends i know for that game...gamers and non-gamers alike.

tantalum2006

whats GHII

Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts
Guitar Hero, it's awesome, everybody wants to be a rock star!!