Game screen wont fit on my TV

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 darray
Member since 2004 • 87 Posts

I have an older RCA 52 inch rear projection HDTV

The image crops itself on the sides so I lose valuable information on stats of weapons and the mini map gets cut off too when playing two worlds 2

I tried changing from widescreen to normal screen format but that didnt help - I also tried different formats (480, 720 etc and that didnt help either)

I did some research and came across this:

Display

Change your display output settings from this screen. Display settings include screen resolution and screen dimension (or aspect ratio, either standard or widescreen). For high-definition viewing you'll need a high-def TV or monitor as well as the Xbox 360 Component HD AV Cable or Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable. For more information, see Connect to TV or HDTV.

• HDTV Settings: choose between 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p output resolution, depending on the native resolution of your TV or monitor. The default setting is 480p (enhanced definition, or EDTV).

Important

If you're using the Xbox 360 Component HD AV Cable, any resolution selected from this screen requires that you connect the cable's red, blue, and green RCA connectors to corresponding inputs on your TV or monitor. If you're using the cable's composite-video (yellow RCA) connector, you'll see only standard-definition images—not high definition—irrespective of the HDTV output setting you select.

• Screen Format: the default setting is Normal (a standard 4:3 aspect ratio); select Widescreen to change the output aspect ratio to 16:9 if you have a widescreen TV or monitor.

When using the Xbox 360 Component HD AV Cable, you have the option to select a widescreen output even if you're using the composite-video (yellow RCA) connector instead of the high-definition component-video (red/blue/green) connectors.

Note

Xbox 360 does not support full-screen, high-definition output to HD screens with standard 4:3 (non-widescreen) aspect ratios. If you set the Xbox 360 Component HD AV Cable's switch to HDTV, a connected console will automatically configure itself for widescreen output.

So what does this all mean : how can I fix this or am I screwed????

The guy at the TV store said it's old technology problem with new technology software - WTF???

Chogyam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Chogyam
Member since 2003 • 1887 Posts

did you try changing your picture setting on the TV? for instance, my TV has PICTURE SIZE as the option. just scan, 16:9, wide fit, 4:3, zoom and so on

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

did you try changing your picture setting on the TV? for instance, my TV has PICTURE SIZE as the option. just scan, 16:9, wide fit, 4:3, zoom and so on

Chogyam
That is what I was going to say. I know my tv has stretch, just, zoom, and various other size options.
darray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 darray
Member since 2004 • 87 Posts

[QUOTE="Chogyam"]

Agent_Kaliaver

That is what I was going to say. I know my tv has stretch, just, zoom, and various other size options.

Thanks guys, fixed it... now onto the gaming!

Chogyam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chogyam
Member since 2003 • 1887 Posts

no prob. we all miss the easiest most obvious step from time to time.

Wolf277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Wolf277
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
are there any other possibilities, coz there's no difference for me when i change between widescreen, and normal on my xbox, and my tv doesnt support screen size changing plz help!!!