game save options? (when u have to replace your 360)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Solmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Solmaster
Member since 2003 • 55 Posts
can you transfer game saves, gamer profiles, and/or downloaded games to a pc or usb device temporarily, then transfer back to a new 360. My 360 has to be replaced (best buy warranty) because it is defective and i want to keep my game saves, but i have to return the hdd too. what are my options?
kyle_toker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kyle_toker
Member since 2004 • 4950 Posts
they will let you swap the HDDs
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

You keep the old hard drive and swap it out with the new one in the box, super easy.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

Oops, I just saw the part in your thread where you said you have to trade the HDD in also. Ok in that case take the HDD to a buds house plug the HDD into his 360 and make sure there is no problem with the HDD,  then when you go to swap it out INSIST that yo get to keep the old HDD. If you go high enough in the company someone will eventually say yes.

Solmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Solmaster

has anyone else had the best buy warranty?

ACESandElGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#6 ACESandElGHTS
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

has anyone else had the best buy warranty?

Solmaster

Yes, I've exchanged several.  It got to be a pain to swap out HDs, so I just gave mine up.  Don't do it.

The guy above is right -- INSIST that you keep your drive and they will usually let you do it.  I've done it once, the other times they were total a-holes, so I stopped trying.  But you can do it, believe me.

Good luck.

Solmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Solmaster

Quick Rant: This whole Xbox 360 defects thing really blows. I was really skeptical about buying one but I love Halo so I gave in. Thank God I got a warranty. My first xbox also died so I learned my lesson. But it sucks to have to go through the trouble. I might lose all my game saves. And I heard I wont have offline access to my downloaded games either, since they are licensed to the Xbox 360 they first were downloaded to. Sucks.