Game Freezing... Unique Case?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for sergeineoshadow
sergeineoshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sergeineoshadow
Member since 2006 • 682 Posts
My 360 keeps on Freezing on me when I play Campaign mode only. When I play online, it's perectly fine. However, it is not the Red Rings of Death thing either as the green lights don't turn red. The game just freezes to the point where I have to turn it off and turn it on again which it works fine again until I play campaign again. I have already cleared the Chache which didn't work and also deleted a ton of stuff. I have the new model (60G) so I would assume it should'nt happen to it because I am sure they would try to prevent that from happening on newer models... Thanks for reading this and I wish someone could solve this problem :/
Shermans_HUD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Shermans_HUD
Member since 2008 • 118 Posts
Well you haven't said what game it was, so I can't tell you why your game is freezing and whatnot... post the name and then we can help
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
And this is all on what game?
sergeineoshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sergeineoshadow
It happens on all my games...
wwedx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 wwedx
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts
call M$ i have never heard of this issue
Shermans_HUD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shermans_HUD

Found out which game it was, and its Gears of War 2. Possibility of a scratch on the disc or something wrong with the laser... always a possibility. When it comes to online play, your running off a server with the map on it, since every player has to see real time... when it comes to campaign, then your running right off the disc. So it could be that simple. Take some canned air and put the nozzle straw into the CD tray on the 360 and force out what could be messing up your game. And clean off your disc as well...

Let me know what you do and what happens.

sergeineoshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sergeineoshadow
What is their number?
sergeineoshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sergeineoshadow
It's not just gears of war 2. It also happens on my Fable 2 game and LOTR 2... I just got those games too :/
Shermans_HUD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shermans_HUD

It's not just gears of war 2. It also happens on my Fable 2 game and LOTR 2... I just got those games too :/sergeineoshadow

ok. Could be the laser then. Did it happen right after you got it (i.e. after you got it out of the box and running)?

Avatar image for weekendrockstar
weekendrockstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 weekendrockstar
Member since 2008 • 49 Posts
The only similar problem I had occured last night while playing Madden '08. Got to the end of a game and it froze. I clicked the guide button and it took about 2 minutes for the guide to come up. It sorta fazed in when it did come up. Then I just exited to my dashboard which of course lost the game I just finished and the unsaved game before it (not to mention the practices between the games. I went back into Madden and replayed the two games without a problem. It was weird.
sergeineoshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sergeineoshadow
It happened right after I got LOTR game. Now all my games are affected. Could the game have caused this? The LOTR game looked like it didn't have a single scratch on it... And I have had my 360 for over 3 months now and this has been happening within 2 weeks now.
Shermans_HUD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shermans_HUD
Possibility of a virus? Hmmm... This is a really good topic... Its possible during the burn stage at the manufacturing plant that a virus could have been loaded onto your disc... IF you have a DVD/R Drive on your computer put the disc in and run a scan on it (if you can!). Its very rare, but with standards now-a-days there's always a possibility of a virus on a game. Hell, I found a trojan on a Digital Photo Frame...
Conroi58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Conroi58
Member since 2006 • 929 Posts
It's not just gears of war 2. It also happens on my Fable 2 game and LOTR 2... I just got those games too :/sergeineoshadow
You play Lotr battle for middle earth 2. that game is so underrated, i think im going to see if i can find a match right now...
KGrimm03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KGrimm03
Member since 2007 • 527 Posts
1800 4myxbox.......this happened to me when i got my first xbox...i stopped playing for a week the next day i tried playing..then i got the red rings!