Funny place I spotted an Xbox 360 Headset.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by herbie12282 (2861 posts) -
So, i was watching TV last night and this commercial for an injury lawyer came on.  the commercial starts out with the "client" speaking to a receptionist.  i'm not really paying too much attention because of the type of commercial it is, but i notice an gray and white headset on the operator with the "Xbox360" clearly showing on the side of the head facing the camera.   i was dumbfounded.  who in their right mind would call this freaking lawyer when they notice their operator is wearing part of a video game console on his head.  Pure Idiocy.
#2 Posted by khalil19104 (1079 posts) -
that is kinda funny.
#3 Posted by pokeracc (2198 posts) -
lol i'll look for that commercial again... is it like howard stern or something cause i think i say the receptionist with a gray headset. Didn't see Xbox 360 though
#4 Posted by Comorat (416 posts) -
You do know there are multiple brands of headsets and they all work on multiple types of devices, right?  I've got a Playstation 2 USB headset I use when I'm going conferance calls though my PC.
#5 Posted by herbie12282 (2861 posts) -

You do know there are multiple brands of headsets and they all work on multiple types of devices, right?  I've got a Playstation 2 USB headset I use when I'm going conferance calls though my PC.Comorat

if you've ever seen the 360's headset, you'd know there's only 1 thing it could possible plug into. i use the SOCOM logitech USB headset on my computer too but the 360's will only plug into the controller.

#6 Posted by Comorat (416 posts) -

[QUOTE="Comorat"]You do know there are multiple brands of headsets and they all work on multiple types of devices, right?  I've got a Playstation 2 USB headset I use when I'm going conferance calls though my PC.herbie12282

if you've ever seen the 360's headset, you'd know there's only 1 thing it could possible plug into. i use the SOCOM logitech USB headset on my computer too but the 360's will only plug into the controller.

If I've ever seen the 360 headset..... *rolls eyes* What forums you on boy? *SLAP* *SLAP* *SLAP* That connector is a universal, it fits in cell phones, cd players, all kinds of things.
#7 Posted by atomD21 (1116 posts) -
Umm, Comorat, the 360 headset only plugs into the controller, nothing else. 
#8 Posted by Comorat (416 posts) -
Umm, Comorat, the 360 headset only plugs into the controller, nothing else. atomD21
I must have imagined all the other things I've hooked it up to then, thank you for bringing this delusion mental state to my attention. Now the healing can begin.
#9 Posted by luvbeers (438 posts) -
In Sarah Silverman's new sitcom on comedy central... one of her gay friends was screaming at 13 year olds in a halo2 multiplayer session.
#10 Posted by herbie12282 (2861 posts) -
[QUOTE="atomD21"]Umm, Comorat, the 360 headset only plugs into the controller, nothing else. Comorat
I must have imagined all the other things I've hooked it up to then, thank you for bringing this delusion mental state to my attention. Now the healing can begin.

look, the curvature alone on the headset's plug prevents it from being plugged into a large number of things.  the point of this entire thread is that if you are an attorney who wants to be taken seriously,  don't have some low budget commercial where the operator is speaking to a "client" over a piece of video game paraphernalia.  i just found it to be funny.  similar to a toddler vacuuming the floor with his multi-color, ball popping vacuum.
#11 Posted by herbie12282 (2861 posts) -
In Sarah Silverman's new sitcom on comedy central... one of her gay friends was screaming at 13 year olds in a halo2 multiplayer session.luvbeers
that sara silverman show is pure gold.
#12 Posted by cementface9 (1537 posts) -
Yes, The Sarah Silverman Program is genius. But it will be cancelled, no doubt about that. Just like Stella, it is a "smarter than it appears" comedy that only a small crowd will appreciate and it will be tossed out the window, and missed I should add. America today wants mindless, uncreative, loud, obnoxious, easy to get dribble like Mind of Mencia.
#13 Posted by stevenk4k5 (5607 posts) -
Umm, Comorat, the 360 headset only plugs into the controller, nothing else. atomD21
Maybe he broke off the plastic that makes it only plug into the controller? Because he is right, that gold connector is basically universal.
#14 Posted by alex986 (500 posts) -
That's hilarious
#15 Posted by demon_turkey (10220 posts) -
well im just confused now, i have no idea wat it could possibly fit into other than the controller but who knows wat other ppl have managed to plug it in to.