Friend sold his Xbox X

#1 Posted by CYBERGUY (7 posts) -

My friend just sold his Xbox X for a GTX 1070 graphics card.

Not sure he made a good decision. I realize the pc graphics are better but he only got $300 for his console and it was fairly new.

Good choice or not?

#2 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18672 posts) -

Somebody got a bargain... and it sure wasn't him.

#3 Edited by IIRoadRashII (20 posts) -

Yea from my point of view didn't get a bargain, as here just recently I purchased a 1070 for a project I was working on for $255. Therefore that's half the price of the the X, as retail is $500. so from my perspective should of put it up for around $400 then looked for a 1070ti which is around that price point. And if he needed anything else for the computer he could of used that spare money left over . From that perspective there are average gaming desktops/ laptops that's go for $450-500 there is always that option if he sold it for retail or traded....

#4 Posted by bigfootpart2 (1131 posts) -

He traded a dead/dying/failed console for a high midrange card that will allow him to play on the greatest gaming platform of all time. Good trade.

#5 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18672 posts) -

@bigfootpart2 said:

He traded a dead/dying/failed console for a high midrange card that will allow him to play on the greatest gaming platform of all time. Good trade.

Go back to System Wars, fool.

#6 Posted by brimmul777 (4027 posts) -

@cyberguy: I'm sorry,but your friend is an idiot. 😂

#7 Posted by SoloSerpent (20 posts) -

Eh, it was his choice

#8 Posted by sukraj (27858 posts) -

what do you want me to do about it he made a big mistake

#9 Posted by Abdulelah12300 (6 posts) -

Hi

Avatar image for SexPantherPanda
#10 Posted by SexPantherPanda (110 posts) -

He got $300 for a X?

I just sold my 2tb S for $300...

He got ripped with tax a X is damn near $550

#11 Posted by JohhnyTheBest (6 posts) -

He made a good decision.. PC graphics are way better than consoles, thats for sure.

On the other hand, selling an X for $300... thats a waste, somebody got a bargain :)

#12 Posted by Mandzilla (4025 posts) -

Not the end of the world certainly, hope that your friend enjoys the new graphics card anyway. He's got Age of Empires 4 coming out in the future which is nice!