Free Xbox Live Gold for European silver members this weekend.

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sophette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sophette
Member since 2005 • 521 Posts

Microsoft is giving everyone free XBL Gold access from May 1 to May 4.:D

The best part is, this is automatic so no need to enter codes or anything.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Xbox-LIVE-Gold-Free-Xtival,7639.html

I'm adding another link for anyone who thinks this is a joke.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/news.phtml/23728/xbox-live-xvital-09-announced.phtml

*I fixed the title, sorry for the confusion.

And please, if you're already gold member, don't post saying how useless this is to you.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Wow, my gold runs out on the first too, so this is welcomed.

CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
nice find too bad my gold ends on the 8th :(
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
cool, i have gold already. my gold doesn't end until june or july something like that.
x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

I wish they would get me an extra 3 days after mines runs out

armyman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 armyman455
Member since 2008 • 914 Posts

i have gold till next fall but ill have to tell my silver friends that its free this weekend

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts

I wish they would get me an extra 3 days after mines runs out

x8VXU6
Yeah, me too. I have Gold for about 11 more months, so these events never do anything for me :(
Sophette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sophette

Just wanted to bump this for anyone with a Silver account that wasn't aware. ;)

GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 GANGSTASAN
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts

Too bad my 360 broke already. In 3 Months....

lolnades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lolnades
Member since 2008 • 576 Posts

heh. first L4D free friday, now this. i wonder what the occasion is

RCGV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RCGV
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts

Time to take my alt accounts for a spin.

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

Figures, and I have to be out of town working this weekend, so no xbox live for me.

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
Not much use to those of us already with Gold :(
king871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 king871
Member since 2008 • 289 Posts

well thats great to hear acuattly. kinda shocked that microsoft is doing this. this is there first time doing this so this gives people a chance to see how gold is since some people think they dnt really need it. well ne ways my gold does not run out till august 2010 so im good

chasingmaynard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chasingmaynard
Member since 2005 • 3416 Posts

Aren't they advertising a Gold subscription foronly $40 a year now? That's $3.33 a month... which meansonly 11 cents a day.Why doesn't everyone have Gold already?

Iguess things are different when you are older and have a job and plastic money.

Rev

ChrisGamer5757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ChrisGamer5757
Member since 2003 • 476 Posts

Shouldnt the people with a gold subscription already just have theres paused for the 4 days of free ?

cheez-it_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 cheez-it_kid
Member since 2008 • 702 Posts
nice find too bad my gold ends on the 8th :(CardiacKid07
So does mine! :cry:
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dredg11
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts

Shouldnt the people with a gold subscription already just have theres paused for the 4 days of free ?

ChrisGamer5757

wow...

eyd25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 eyd25
Member since 2006 • 214 Posts

Why is Ms doing this? IMO it's pointless they should have just given 500 ms points.

Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dredg11

Why is Ms doing this? IMO it's pointless they should have just given 500 ms points.

eyd25

How does that make even a shred of sense?

MS is doing this in hopes to get more Silver members into getting Gold. Show them what they're missing. Like if a Silver member who usually isn't into MP games decides to give it a go, love it, and decides to get Gold. That's the point...

What does MS points have to do with anything?

Ugh...people today...

gial240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 gial240
Member since 2004 • 2019 Posts

I think it's a good idea on MS part. I'm sure this will get them at least a few more suscribers..

eyd25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 eyd25

[QUOTE="eyd25"]

Dredg11

MS is doing this in hopes to get more Silver members into getting Gold. Show them what they're missing. Like if a Silver member who usually isn't into MP games decides to give it a go, love it, and decides to get Gold. That's the point...

Ugh...people today...

Bec. every 360 comes with 1 month of free Gold so if they wanted it they would've kept it like I did. You get what I'm saying?

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

That is cool for those who have silver memberships but too bad i have two years worth or gold.

1588greatdane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 1588greatdane
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts

Great, right in the middle of my finals week....any other week would have been awesome.

chasingmaynard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 chasingmaynard

[QUOTE="Dredg11"]

[QUOTE="eyd25"]

eyd25

Ugh...people today...

Bec. every 360 comes with 1 month of free Gold so if they wanted it they would've kept it like I did. You get what I'm saying?

LOL... give 500 MS points... Hmmm, let's weigh these two options for Microsoft... On one hand, they can give Silver members 3 or 4 days of GOLD free, and possibly getting a bunch of gamers to sign up and payfor subscriptions...

On the other hand, Microsoft could give Silver customers 500 MS points each, for some reason, so that they can spend that on DLC, which brings no chance of Microsoft making any more money.

Wait, I'm still confused... Microsoft could give Silver players about 50 cents worth of GOLD membership and possibly get more GOLD subscriptions, or they could give Silver members over $5 in MS points just for the hell of it... Okay, now I get it.

Rev

Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dredg11

[QUOTE="eyd25"]

[QUOTE="Dredg11"]

Ugh...people today...

chasingmaynard

LOL... give 500 MS points... Hmmm, let's weigh these two options for Microsoft... On one hand, they can give Silver members 3 or 4 days of GOLD free, and possibly getting a bunch of gamers to sign up and payfor subscriptions...

On the other hand, Microsoft could give Silver customers 500 MS points each, for some reason, so that they can spend that on DLC, which brings no chance of Microsoft making any more money.

Wait, I'm still confused... Microsoft could give Silver players about 50 cents worth of GOLD membership and possibly get more GOLD subscriptions, or they could give Silver members over $5 in MS points just for the hell of it... Okay, now I get it.

Rev

Thank you.

Some people just have no idea how to rationalize anything...

eyd25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 eyd25

[QUOTE="eyd25"]

[QUOTE="Dredg11"]

Ugh...people today...

chasingmaynard

Rev

What I'm saying is this does nothing for Gold members. And every XBOX came with 1 month of free GOLD so if you have silver it's either you don't want it or you can't afford it together with the high speed connection.

Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dredg11

[QUOTE="chasingmaynard"]

[QUOTE="eyd25"]Bec. every 360 comes with 1 month of free Gold so if they wanted it they would've kept it like I did. You get what I'm saying?

eyd25

Rev

What I'm saying is this does nothing for Gold members. And every XBOX came with 1 month of free GOLD so if you have silver it's either you don't want it or you can't afford it together with the high speed connection.

Yeah, and? The point isn't for it to "do anything for Gold members". Either way, your mention of 500 MS points still makes absolutely no sense.

chasingmaynard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chasingmaynard

If I'm not mistaken, Gold members already get other exclusives, like the deal of the week and sooner demo's. I do agree that it is silly for anyone with highspeed net to not have GOLD, but your alternative to the trial was ludicrous. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though and figure that was just a number you threw out there in haste.

Rev

eyd25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 eyd25

The 500 MS points was just thrown in there bec. GOLD members get nothing out of this. Like I said you get a free trial of XBOXlive, so even if they give away live for a couple of days, odds are people will still not buy the subscription. I wish loyal subscribers get something other than that deal of the week stuff that nobody really wants.

chasingmaynard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 chasingmaynard

The deal of the week thing has actually ticked me off a few times... They had Braid for cheaper, and I bought it right when it came out, and then one week they had the "All That Remains" track pack for Rock Band for cheaper, and I had already bought it.

It kind of makes me want to wait to buy things just because of it... And I hate to totally go off subject, but why the hell do they have an artist of the week (month, whatever), to try and promote the artist, and then you have to pay to download a video? wth? I think each artist should have one video that can be downloaded for free, if they really are trying to promote something. Sorry for the rant... umm... go xbox 360!!

Rev

todsnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 todsnet
Member since 2003 • 426 Posts

That's great and all but what about the ones who's subscription is still active those days. Now it would b great if they would give to every one four days of free live when their subscription runs out. Mine runs out on the 9th. I want 4 free days. That sucks.:cry:

eyd25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 eyd25

Law of demand & supply applies to the deal of the week thing. If there is no more demand for it they put it up there to get the last drop out of whatever they're selling that's why I said that nobody really wants those things. And for those artist of the week & stuff they should have free previews & not make you buy it just to see it.

LycanBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34 LycanBane
Member since 2007 • 274 Posts

lol i pay monthly :( lol

1588greatdane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 1588greatdane

Wait starting on the 1st of May??? Is it not already the 1st? Why is it not working for me? I'm I really dumb and this is just a big joke....

Spire88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Spire88
Member since 2006 • 4502 Posts
wait a darn minute here, now is this really for everyone OR is it just for EVERYONE IN THE US? cause im canadian and i do not see anything about it on my 360. and FYI my gold ran out today.
Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Vashn
Member since 2008 • 1416 Posts

well thats great to hear acuattly. kinda shocked that microsoft is doing this. this is there first time doing this so this gives people a chance to see how gold is since some people think they dnt really need it. well ne ways my gold does not run out till august 2010 so im good

king871

they've been doign this alot recently actually, like 2 weeks ago it was for Mythic map pack release, than l4d, and now this

and i know for a fact they've done it alot before that

1588greatdane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 1588greatdane

Seriously... has anyone actually got onto Gold for free today? I'm not in Canada if that's actually a problem.... this whole thing seems like it's not real.

felipealcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 felipealcar
Member since 2007 • 156 Posts

7. WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES? This Prize Draw starts at 12.00 P.M. Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) on May 1st, 2009, and ends at 12.00 P.M. GMT on May 4th, 2009 ("Entry Period"). 8. CAN I ENTER? You are eligible to enter this Prize Draw if you meet the following requirements: · You are a legal resident of the United Kingdom, and you are 17 years or older at the time of entry; and · You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and · You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Prize Draw; and....

psychedelic08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 psychedelic08
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

is it for america

D0ub13_5c0r3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 D0ub13_5c0r3
Member since 2009 • 2084 Posts

Well my Gold ran out on the 28th. This is good. I'll be getting a 1 month Gold Card today, hopefully. :D

JayReviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#42 JayReviews
Member since 2008 • 313 Posts

lol...that is kinda lame .....what good is about 3 days of XBL.....Just do what i did....buy a year....and you're set for awhile.

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
I have silver right now, does this mean I'll be bumped up to gold over the weekend or something?
psychedelic08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 psychedelic08
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

i heard it 4 europe

Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#45 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
it is indeed for Europe.
D0ub13_5c0r3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 D0ub13_5c0r3
Member since 2009 • 2084 Posts
I have silver right now, does this mean I'll be bumped up to gold over the weekend or something?mohfrontline
Yes, it will "bump" you up to Gold. Just for the weekend though. Lucky, I found out my xbox's TV Cables aint working now.
Spire88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Spire88
Member since 2006 • 4502 Posts
WELL THATS JUST GREAT, thanks alot Sophette. you could of told us from the start that it wasnt for north america.
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

Yes TC you could have specified that it was for Europe only. Way to go!

Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
OMGZ!!1 3 WHOLE days?!!1 That's l3ik...72 hours,guyz!!1!1!
Sophette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Sophette
I apologize, after checking into about 20 more sites (yes I really did check that much) I'll admit I was wrong and this is an EU only event. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up, but it you do live in Europe, I hope you enjoy it. It's just, it was initially announced mostly on American version of all the game sites with no indication of being region exclusive so I figured it was for everyone and just wanted to let people know. So again I apologize for getting non EU gamers excited over nothing.