Fracture > Halo

This topic is locked from further discussion.

_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 0

#1 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts

Halo probably has better online battles and it also lets you do splitscreen co-op which is huge but I think Fracture has a much better Offline Single player mode than Halo. The stages are nicer, the objectives are alot clearer, the weapons are way cooler, and the combat is more fun. I even like the story alot more. Besides all that there is the whole terraforming thing which halo doesnt even have anything similar

The only thing I am slightly disappointed in with this game is #1 You can't snap to cover. Snap to cover games have really spoiled me and I just love the mechanic and love having firefights from cover(mass effect, gears, kill.switch, army of two, etc etc). #2 is no weapon upgrade system or character improvement system. At the very least let us unlock more ammo or something. When I see the beautiful character models it makes me think of Too Human and makes me wish there was a loot system in the game to let us build our own armored suit and weapons.

Does anyone else feel the same or violently disagree??

dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts
Fracture was a piece of ****. I couldn't even force myself to finish it.
Blueshooter08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Blueshooter08
Member since 2008 • 621 Posts
My opinion is fracture was rubbish.. the story was actually terrible in my opinion... Halo 3 has its positives & negativs... the online in Halo 3 is amazing & its only competitior is Call of Duty... those 2 are in a league of their own... so I disagree with you
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
i disagree completely man..their on different leagues, fracture its just another game, halo is eternal !!xD now seriously halo is far superior in every way, but thats my opinion.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
You need to take a ride in the rolfcopter.
superkoolstud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 superkoolstud
Member since 2004 • 2800 Posts
Fracture sucks so bad I won't even waste my HDD space or bandwidth to try the demo.
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 _AbBaNdOn
I think Superkoolstud's reply was the most accurate lol. How can you bash Fracture soooo bad and claim that Halo is so above and beyond when they play exactly the same?? Just with different guns and a different story??
Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lance_Kalzas
Member since 2007 • 2135 Posts
I think Superkoolstud's reply was the most accurate lol. How can you bash Fracture soooo bad and claim that Halo is so above and beyond when they play exactly the same?? Just with different guns and a different story??_AbBaNdOn
I guess I should play Fracture first but after reading critic reviews for both games, I fail to see how they could play the same? They might very well play the same but if Fracture doesn't have Halo's polish and shine, then how is it worth playing?
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _AbBaNdOn
Define Halo's polish and shine???
Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lance_Kalzas
Member since 2007 • 2135 Posts
Define Halo's polish and shine??? _AbBaNdOn
Well, when you compare it to another game, let's take Gears 1 and 2 (because those I have played and I still enjoy them), you then have to take into consideration all of the glitches, which Halo does not have. That's how I define polish and shine. You can have all the features you want but if the gameplay is glitchy, then it needs more polish. Plus Halo does 4 player co-op, which Gears 1 and 2 do not. Now I'm not saying Fracture has glitches, I haven't played the game so like I also said, I guess I need to. Besides the terraforming, what does Fracture do better? Halo's matchmaking is at the top in my opinion because it allows for social and ranked and up to 4 players on one console for anything in matchmaking. There was two things I didn't like about Halo 3 campaign: Those annoying slow down psuedo cinema scenes that you can't skip and that there wasn't really a huge battle like in that diorama scene they built (don't know if you saw that video or not but it's on the internet somewhere). Halo didn't really innovate anything (That's not necessary for a game to be good or fun anyways) but it does bring everything together into one nice neat package.
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 _AbBaNdOn
Well like I tried to specify I think Fracture is only better than Halo in single player offline. I acknowledge the fact that Halo has splitscreen co-op(which is huge) and I dont know what Fracture has for online content as im purely an offline gamer but Halo probably beats fracture there to. Single-player just has better weapons, better stages, terraforming.
Coded12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Coded12
Member since 2007 • 323 Posts
I agree with the other comments: How can you compare the shockingly bad fracture to Halo. They're in completely different leagues. I'm not even the biggest fan of Halo games but still...
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
How do you even begin to compare 2 different games that are different genres? And to compare it to Halo...oh boy. Halo gets the best aftermarket support of ANY game. The Devs gave up on Fracture the day after it was released. There's my contribution, now let the list begin!
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
Umm I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree. Everything about the game is strictly average at best, it's very buggy, and the terraforming mechanic is extremely shallow, no pun intended. And yes I did play the SP whole game, multiple times actually since I finished it in less than a day. I did a review of it on GS so you can read that if you like.
halo_wars86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 halo_wars86
Member since 2009 • 1505 Posts

Halo probably has better online battles and it also lets you do splitscreen co-op which is huge but I think Fracture has a much better Offline Single player mode than Halo. The stages are nicer, the objectives are alot clearer, the weapons are way cooler, and the combat is more fun. I even like the story alot more. Besides all that there is the whole terraforming thing which halo doesnt even have anything similar

The only thing I am slightly disappointed in with this game is #1 You can't snap to cover. Snap to cover games have really spoiled me and I just love the mechanic and love having firefights from cover(mass effect, gears, kill.switch, army of two, etc etc). #2 is no weapon upgrade system or character improvement system. At the very least let us unlock more ammo or something. When I see the beautiful character models it makes me think of Too Human and makes me wish there was a loot system in the game to let us build our own armored suit and weapons.

Does anyone else feel the same or violently disagree??

_AbBaNdOn

i dont like halo 3 nor do i like fps on consoles. but fracture > halo ARE U ON CRACK

alvin201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 alvin201
Member since 2007 • 457 Posts
I thought fracture was garbage and very cheap couldnt get past the second level cause how bad it was
armyman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 armyman455
Member since 2008 • 914 Posts
Fracture sucks so bad I won't even waste my HDD space or bandwidth to try the demo.superkoolstud
then how do you know it sucks? anyway i didnt think is was horrible but halo is way better either way
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts
I think Superkoolstud's reply was the most accurate lol. How can you bash Fracture soooo bad and claim that Halo is so above and beyond when they play exactly the same?? Just with different guns and a different story??_AbBaNdOn
No they don't whatsoever. And his reply was it was so bad that he wouldn't waste space on his hardrive for the demo. Not what you said.
FalcoLX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 FalcoLX
Member since 2007 • 4452 Posts
The demo was abhorrent. The shooting and movement just plain sucked. Oh! but it has terraforming! That's no excuse for crappy gunplay.
zeppelin_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 zeppelin_64
Member since 2006 • 3924 Posts
I loved Fracture, probably one of my top 10 favorite single player games. Probably a little exaggeration saying it's better than Halo, but to each his own right? But in your first paragraph TC, it's terraDEforming, not terraforming. :)
cheesenuggets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cheesenuggets
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts
get out of this forum i hope ur joking even though i think COD is 100% better than halo
superkoolstud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 superkoolstud
Member since 2004 • 2800 Posts
[QUOTE="superkoolstud"]Fracture sucks so bad I won't even waste my HDD space or bandwidth to try the demo.armyman455
then how do you know it sucks?

I know it sucks because Gamespot, IGN, and 1up told me so. If all 3 sites say the game sucks then it must be true.
alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 alfredooo
Member since 2007 • 2664 Posts
halo > fracture. its like math. its how the world works
Bobmypants1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bobmypants1
Member since 2007 • 76 Posts
You need to take a ride in the rolfcopter.Legendaryscmt
Clearly the topic creators roflcopter does not go SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
I played the Fracture demo and it was so mediocre. Though i'm basing my opinion off the demo which was meh at best.
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 _AbBaNdOn
**IMPORTANT** While I in no way take back anything I have said I just beat the game and.....well its is EXTREMELY short. 3 chapters which can be crushed in 6 or less hours. Maybe it doesnt even have anything to do with why other people hate the game but I would now have to partially agree. That amount of play time is pretty unforgivable. I think its a shame because I really loved the combat. (movement and gun combat were fine to me but then again i actually played the finished version). If it would have had 9-13 more chapters it would be awesome.
xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
i totally agree! NOT! Fracture was one of those games you rent run through and never look back
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

**IMPORTANT** While I in no way take back anything I have said I just beat the game and.....well its is EXTREMELY short. 3 chapters which can be crushed in 6 or less hours. Maybe it doesnt even have anything to do with why other people hate the game but I would now have to partially agree. That amount of play time is pretty unforgivable. I think its a shame because I really loved the combat. (movement and gun combat were fine to me but then again i actually played the finished version). If it would have had 9-13 more chapters it would be awesome. _AbBaNdOn

Well try out the online is there anyone playing? That is pretty short.. What did you pay for it?

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#29 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Wow, im not a Halo fan at all, but imo Halo is the much better series/game.
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
Oh wow I couldnt even finish the demo, it was like a chore. THE DEMO! Halo 3 wins in every catagorie.
wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts
I play both Fracture and Halo. Fracture was better than some games. The enemies are good. The game was fun. Like Dead Space, its demo was not good. They pick the worse levels in the games to make the demo from. I do like Halo more but Fracture is not a bad game.
magicswap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 magicswap
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
i played both games fracture and halo i think fracture is around average and halo is out of the roof wel not outta the roof 2nd floor but still halo is cool so yeah
him42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 him42
Member since 2004 • 6811 Posts
Fracture was fun to plow through, but it's a horrible game compared to Halo... and I'm not even a fan of Halo
sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts
Naw man, I got the demo for Fackture and all it did was frustrate me, I much prefer Halo.
fatooosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 866

#35 fatooosh
Member since 2009 • 979 Posts

fracture graphic better than halo3

gameplay better than

but halo3 story better

both boring game

ishoturface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#36 ishoturface
Member since 2007 • 12460 Posts
My opinion is fracture was rubbish.. the story was actually terrible in my opinion... Halo 3 has its positives & negativs... the online in Halo 3 is amazing & its only competitior is Call of Duty... those 2 are in a league of their own... so I disagree with youBlueshooter08
i agree with this