Forza 2 racing wheel...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

m_rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 m_rule
Member since 2004 • 29 Posts
I want to try a racing wheel for Forza 2. Which is the better wheel, MS wireless wheel or Logitech's DriveFX, or should I just stick with my good old controller?
jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jacksheets
Member since 2005 • 1747 Posts

Most people love the Microsoft Wheel. Try googling a few reviews for the MS wheel... I did recently and found some very good in-depth explanations.

Check with a stores return policy, as you may be able to try it out for 30 days and return it if you don't like it.

Pinman_DS9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Pinman_DS9
Member since 2005 • 468 Posts
I can't speak for the MS racing wheel as I have the Drive FX. I think it works wonderfully. The Logitech wheel is USB and uses AC power, which is less convenient than wireless. Wireless will mean batteries and I have no line on the battery life of the MS unit or if rechargeable batteries are an option. The Logitech also has clamps which allow it to be mounted on a table top. I think a driving wheel is a must for these kinds of games. I tried using the controller with the original Forza and found it a pain literally and figuratively. I'd have gotten carpal tunnel eventually :lol: Maybe you can get the controller to work better than I could--it can't hurt to try.
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
Wireless Racing Wheel. I have it and it's great. Turn 10 also announced they will release an update soon where they will totally adjust the wheel even better to the game then now. With accurate and realistic force feedback and pedal control. I say that's the way to go.
biosc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 biosc1
Member since 2003 • 1144 Posts

The Logitech wheel is USB and uses AC power, which is less convenient than wireless.... The Logitech also has clamps which allow it to be mounted on a table top. I think a driving wheel is a must for these kinds of games.Pinman_DS9

I have the MS wireless. It's a wireless connection between the box and the wheel, but there are still plenty of wires. One connecting the wheel to the pedals, and there is also an AC power supply which you need to connect if you want force feedback. It also has table clamps.

I've always liked Logitech products, but the MS wheel has gotten some great reviews.

andoman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 andoman19
Member since 2005 • 90 Posts
MS wheel is great. Totally check it out its really nice