Force Unleashed demo out tomorrow, anyone else anxious?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HeirofSparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 HeirofSparda
Member since 2006 • 2458 Posts
I'm a little afraid that the demo will extremely short, I had hoped they'd give you a good chunk of the first level with vader, but now I'm thinking otherwise. What do you guys think?
grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
I think the controls will be clumsy, but the on screen actions will be amazing. a decent demo I hope.
allnamestaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 allnamestaken
Member since 2003 • 6618 Posts
I'm not that pumped for this game, sounds a little... old school.
HeirofSparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HeirofSparda

I'm not that pumped for this game, sounds a little... old school.allnamestaken

I'm not bashing but, what do you mean old school?

elmafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 elmafia
Member since 2003 • 1490 Posts
I just hope the controls are good.
Andrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Andrn
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts
Pretty excited. If the demo is good and solid, it means I'll be even more broke this winter.
gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts
Judging the history of Star Wars games with KoTOR and Jedi Academy aside, they usually suck. I hope the demo is good because if it is I might pick it with the money I get from Christmas.
HeirofSparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HeirofSparda

Judging the history of Star Wars games with KoTOR and Jedi Academy aside, they usually suck. I hope the demo is good because if it is I might pick it with the money I get from Christmas.gamerfreak1991

Haha are you referring to those garbo movie-based star wars games?

I certainly hope not, THOSE WERE TERRIBLE.

This is clearly in another league.

devin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 devin360
Member since 2007 • 72 Posts
I'll check it out, but I dont have high expectations.
Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Darkzero6x2
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
how in the hell could you think that KOTOR was a bad game? It was known as the best Star Wars game of all time and it still is. Personally, I can't wait for the demo. Mostly due to the fact that Star Wars: The Force Unleashed has looked nothing like a game but more like a tech demo. Everyone has said it works and plays well so i cant wait to try it for myself.
Abito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Abito
Member since 2003 • 115 Posts
i'm not really that exciting for the game. Like the other guy said, I really feel like the controls aren't going to be on point, however the cutscenes will be good. It doesn't interests me in actually buying it. I'll rent it. I tell what game I'm excited for the Ratchet & Clank: Quest for booty. lol.
thegame458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 thegame458
Member since 2006 • 1326 Posts
Seems like it's going to be the best demo we have had in a while.
briancporter13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 briancporter13
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

My expectations for this game are very low...so hopefully I will be surprised and excited after I play.

allnamestaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 allnamestaken
Member since 2003 • 6618 Posts

[QUOTE="allnamestaken"]I'm not that pumped for this game, sounds a little... old school.HeirofSparda

I'm not bashing but, what do you mean old school?

It's cool, keep in mind I don't know too much about the game, but it just seems like the same old stuff. Game set in the Starwars universe, going around through linear levels defeating the same enemies, sure you get to use Jedi powers and some cool characters, but I've done it all before.

I'll see how the demo is though.

LethalGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LethalGT
Member since 2008 • 130 Posts

Star wars and games don't mix so well.

This game looks no different, OOOO THE FORCE!!! Probaly handled badly in the controls no doubt.

HeirofSparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HeirofSparda

This game looks no different, OOOO THE FORCE!!! Probaly handled badly in the controls no doubt.

LethalGT

Just a quick question what star wars games HAVE you played?

LethalGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LethalGT
Member since 2008 • 130 Posts
Not many, I played republic commando which I actually liked.. or whichever one where your an elite clone trooper squad.. and I played KOTOR I think.. I hated it.
HeirofSparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HeirofSparda

Not many, I played republic commando which I actually liked.. or whichever one where your an elite clone trooper squad.. and I played KOTOR I think.. I hated it.LethalGT

Then I guarantee you that in a lot of people's minds, you don't have much say in the matter if you didn't like KOTOR.

PacmanChampion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PacmanChampion
Member since 2007 • 1130 Posts

Judging the history of Star Wars games with KoTOR and Jedi Academy aside, they usually suck.gamerfreak1991

Wrong, wrong, wrong and WRONG.

racastro65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 racastro65
Member since 2006 • 1081 Posts
if its at least 10% as similar as jedi academy (using the force and such) I'll be getting this game
Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Darkzero6x2
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
if its at least 10% as similar as jedi academy (using the force and such) I'll be getting this gameracastro65
I agree. I liked Jedi Academy. It was a very good game. I mean the only problem I had with it was the camera, but other than that it wasn't so bad.
Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hawkeye747
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts
I'll be downloading it for sure. From the trailers I have seen, the only control issue was accurately throwing objects with the force throw, but practice will eliminate that problem. I doubt it will be the first level with Vader that is in the demo... I'd expect it to pick up not long after you start with the Apprentice and go through to maybe the first mini-boss kind of fight... if there is one. i dont really care though.... I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
Shinoadr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#23 Shinoadr
Member since 2007 • 2667 Posts
I'm definetly downloading it, but Im not hyped for it as much as others are.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

Didn't know when the demo was coming out, but will definitely be downloading it.

Lets hope it gets a better reaction than the Too Human demo :P

tktomo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tktomo01
Member since 2008 • 1476 Posts

LethalGT
KOTOR, Galaxies, Starfighter, Empire at War, Battlefront, Republic Commando! C'mon man where have you been?
great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts

[QUOTE="gamerfreak1991"]Judging the history of Star Wars games with KoTOR and Jedi Academy aside, they usually suck. I hope the demo is good because if it is I might pick it with the money I get from Christmas.HeirofSparda

You realize both KOTORs are some of the best RPG of last generation right?

And by the way, this game looks really crappy, suck ass graphics, horrible gameplay, a physic engine made with their feet, its just another "milk the franchise to rip-off all the money of little kids that dont know ANYTHING about games" kind of video game.

7jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 7jack
Member since 2008 • 165 Posts
I hope the demo is a good sandbox level, cause that'll save me $60 for an online game; Lotr Conquest and 2 much deeper RPG's; Fallout 3 and Fable 2
horseyjesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 horseyjesse
Member since 2003 • 565 Posts
Well, I am excited...OXM gave the game a 7. something, so there is hope for it yet...
fracot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 fracot
Member since 2006 • 1278 Posts
The demo is going to be a whole level in a TIE fighter construction place and it is supposed to have massive fights...hopefully it will impress :)
ALLeyesONme68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 ALLeyesONme68
Member since 2006 • 1088 Posts

[QUOTE="LethalGT"]Not many, I played republic commando which I actually liked.. or whichever one where your an elite clone trooper squad.. and I played KOTOR I think.. I hated it.HeirofSparda

Then I guarantee you that in a lot of people's minds, you don't have much say in the matter if you didn't like KOTOR.

I love the Star Wars movies and from the games I've played, they are usually good, but I hated KOTOR too.... I played for about an hour and couldn't take it. btw I have played the first two Rogue Squadrons(great), Super Star Wars(hard but cool), KOTOR(own 1 and 2), two versions of Episode 3(Xbox and DS, not awful but mediocre), and the two Battlefront games(which are the best from what I've played). Anyway, downloading that demo is the first thing I'm going to do tomorrow. I NEED to see how the controls work.
gullytolwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gullytolwyn
Member since 2003 • 362 Posts

Judging the history of Star Wars games with KoTOR and Jedi Academy aside, they usually suck. I hope the demo is good because if it is I might pick it with the money I get from Christmas.gamerfreak1991

I really don't understand how people are thinking you are saying KOTOR and Jedi Academy suck, obviously most people can't understand basic english. He's saying most games BESIDES those two suck.

With that said, I hope this game is good. We really need some more good games on the market that are non arcade.

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
This game looks like a Jedi Academy game... only without the useless non-force weapons and the force x10 in power. It looks totally kick ***.
mjpatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mjpatrick
Member since 2003 • 1020 Posts

I was upset after watching the latest trailer video. Why don't the producers just go ahead and ruin the enitre plot for us? Granted the order may have been rearranged, I think I pretty much know the story now.

One of the main reasons that I was considering this was the lore. Seems like I know the key elements now. It dropped a couple notches for me in desirability considering so many other games that I want are coming out before end of year.

Gamernerd2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gamernerd2008
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I'm looking forward to it but u are right though.
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 raahsnavj

I was upset after watching the latest trailer video. Why don't the producers just go ahead and ruin the enitre plot for us? Granted the order may have been rearranged, I think I pretty much know the story now.

One of the main reasons that I was considering this was the lore. Seems like I know the key elements now. It dropped a couple notches for me in desirability considering so many other games that I want are coming out before end of year.

mjpatrick
Other than the romance thing thrown in it, what else was spoiled? it just showed a lot of fighting with the jedi and non-jedi. We have no idea how it leads up to that or how it ends or if there are twists after the fact...

I think people think of spoilers a little too harshly, either that or you really shouldn't be involved in forums / previews. A good example of this is you can play as Luigi in SMG... That's a spoiler?! there are few things that deserve the title of spoiler in games these days. I don't think anything they showed could cause someone to identify major spoilers at this point.
raynethx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 raynethx
Member since 2008 • 258 Posts
[QUOTE="HeirofSparda"]

[QUOTE="gamerfreak1991"]Judging the history of Star Wars games with KoTOR and Jedi Academy aside, they usually suck. I hope the demo is good because if it is I might pick it with the money I get from Christmas.great_rulo

It was a good post until you bashed star wars: TFU. I think it looks great,

You realize both KOTORs are some of the best RPG of last generation right?

And by the way, this game looks really crappy, suck ass graphics, horrible gameplay, a physic engine made with their feet, its just another "milk the franchise to rip-off all the money of little kids that dont know ANYTHING about games" kind of video game.

PacmanChampion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PacmanChampion
Member since 2007 • 1130 Posts
I think he's on about the fact thay you see SA and Vader fight. Which was pritty obviously going to happen any way.
raynethx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 raynethx
Member since 2008 • 258 Posts
[QUOTE="mjpatrick"]

raahsnavj

Other than the romance thing thrown in it, what else was spoiled? it just showed a lot of fighting with the jedi and non-jedi. We have no idea how it leads up to that or how it ends or if there are twists after the fact...

I think people think of spoilers a little too harshly, either that or you really shouldn't be involved in forums / previews. A good example of this is you can play as Luigi in SMG... That's a spoiler?! there are few things that deserve the title of spoiler in games these days. I don't think anything they showed could cause someone to identify major spoilers at this point.

You can play as Luigi in SMG!?!

reptilerat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 reptilerat
Member since 2008 • 101 Posts
this is a little off topic and a stupid question but how do u find out when the demos are comming out
MuscleCarMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#40 MuscleCarMan
Member since 2004 • 796 Posts
im hoping for a good game. If it lives up to my expectations, i'll buy it. If it isnt as good as id hope then id just rent it for the sake of the lore.
Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts
I really want this to be good, but I have a nagging feeling it will dissapoint. Ohwell, atleast theresa demo.
Xaron_Jamis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Xaron_Jamis
Member since 2005 • 93 Posts
Im deffinatly interested in this game, I just hope the demo doesnt dissapoint. Also Im not so sure its a buying game anymore, I dont think it will have a huge replayablitiy, and with games being 60 bucks and me having many more bills I dont buy games a frivolusly as I used to.
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 raahsnavj
[QUOTE="raahsnavj"][QUOTE="mjpatrick"]

raynethx

You can play as Luigi in SMG!?!

you forgot your /sarcasm tag. Don't worry, I found it for you.
FlashCharge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#44 FlashCharge
Member since 2007 • 2239 Posts
This game did not excite my gaming goodness. Even the video clips did not stir my gaming excitement. It is not a must buy.
Maboroshi0083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Maboroshi0083
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I'm veeery anxious. The anticipation is killing me.
brianmatthutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 brianmatthutch
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Read the reviews of the hands on time that gameinformer and gamespot has had with this game. It is going to be sweet.
thegame458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 thegame458
Member since 2006 • 1326 Posts
Im downloading it right now its at 47% right now
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#48 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I am!!! it looks awesome! :D
mjpatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mjpatrick
Member since 2003 • 1020 Posts
[QUOTE="mjpatrick"]

raahsnavj

I think people think of spoilers a little too harshly, either that or you really shouldn't be involved in forums / previews.

It's my hope that you are correct.

In answer to your question, the romance reveal and Vader's words about "feelings" leads towards the apprentice turning to the "good" side for love. The battle with Vader (though perhaps preliminary training) strengthens this analysis (though I obviously do not have a complete picture).

Therefore, my opinion was that too much was revealed. I would have preferred merely gameplay high-lighted and no story revealed.

I will take your final advice into consideration: I may limit my preview watching in the future.